FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HD Radio

bigt
I have heard bits and pieces about HD Radio, but not much. A quick search leads to a site or two dedicated to the topic. It looks to me like the voice-only, broadcast equivalent of digital TV.

What do you know or think about HD Radio?
la_Duchess
I don't know much about HD radio but I do love sattelite radio! Serius Rocks. I love the fact that there is no commercials!
jwellsy
I've only heard it mentioned in a couple of ads with no explainations. It seems to be just advertizing BS.
andersonic
I have heard about it. There is a lot of criticisms on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Radio
soljarag
I dont know much about HD radio.. but i'd imagine you would need a good system to hear the difference
erlendhg
I haven't heard about HD radio, but I have radio on my htc touch HD mobile phone Razz
shadujicom
Smile
shadujicom
Smile
bigt
There are some good alternatives to analog radio out there: streaming from the internet, satellite, etc. Although satellite radio is in a digital format, I was thinking about terrestrial HD radio; basically like the new digital TV broadcasts in the US and other countries, but for radio instead. I've run across a few more mentions of digital radio, but I haven't been looking hard lately. Several NPR stations have started digital broadcasts.