FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

rpm command to include all dependencies while install

surdy
In the good old days when I used Red Hat Linux (before yum). I remember that there was an option at command line (for rpm command) which would include all dependencies while installing a package. I forgot the option since i have been using yum for too long now.

It was something like this . If you want to install package.rpm having dependencies dep1.rpm and dep2.rpm and all these packages lie in the directory ./rpms

Then i would type
Code:
# cd ./rpms
#rpm -ivh -[some option] package.rpm

and rpm would automatically install dep1 and dep2 before it installed package

I'm sure there was such an option. Can someone tell me what that was. I tired man as well as googing but had no success.
surdy
no replies yet. ..
I hoped to get some help on this .... Sad
froginabox
What distro of linux are you using? Still Red Hat?
surdy
no ..now i have switched to Fedora

i'm using Fedora 10 now
albuferque
"Yum is an automatic updater and package installer/remover for rpm-based systems. It automatically computes dependencies and figures out what things should occur in order to safely install, remove, and update rpm packages. Yum also efficiently and easily retrieves information on any package installed or available in a repository to the installer. Yum makes it easier to maintain groups of machines without having to manually update each one using rpm or other tools. Yum can manage package groups, multiple repositories, fallback repositories and more to permit centralized package management performed by just one or two individuals to scale over an entire organization."

http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/yum_HOWTO/yum_HOWTO/
surdy
Thanks albuferque ...but as i said
surdy wrote:
...... I forgot the option since i have been using yum for too long now.......................

I very well know what yum is and have been using it for a few years now ...

i need rpm command options ... i know how to do using yum