FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Street Fighter 4!

driftingfe3s
Has anyone played it yet?

I got the game last week on Tuesday when it came out and I'm loving the game. It certainly has gone back to its roots as it does have a Street Fighter 2 feel to it, but much better. The game felt a bit weird at first as I wasn't accustomed to playing fighting games on the Xbox 360 with a 2D style fighting game play. But once I got use to the controls the game became incredibly fun.

The one thing I dislike about the game is how it looks. The game tried to imitate the animeish style artwork and it's not as nice as modern 3D fighting games like Soul Calibur 4 or the new Tekken coming out soon. I don't mind the anime look but I don't think it was executed well in Street Fighter 4. Also its a bit of a pain finding matches online. Nevertheless, I definitely recommend the game to anyone who likes Street Fighter.

My Street Fighter 4 Ryu headband I got for pre-ordering the game:
j00gotpwnd
I will probably pick this game up when it is $20 or less. The Street Fighter franchise is notorious for coming out with remakes, remade remakes, etc. I won't want to spend $60 on a game only to have another version of the same game, with a few new additions come out. I would feel taken advantage of. In the meantime I will continue playing my Street Fighter 2 on XBLA. Glad you like it though Smile
enygmasoft
driftingfe3s wrote:
Has anyone played it yet?

I got the game last week on Tuesday when it came out and I'm loving the game. It certainly has gone back to its roots as it does have a Street Fighter 2 feel to it, but much better. The game felt a bit weird at first as I wasn't accustomed to playing fighting games on the Xbox 360 with a 2D style fighting game play. But once I got use to the controls the game became incredibly fun.

The one thing I dislike about the game is how it looks. The game tried to imitate the animeish style artwork and it's not as nice as modern 3D fighting games like Soul Calibur 4 or the new Tekken coming out soon. I don't mind the anime look but I don't think it was executed well in Street Fighter 4. Also its a bit of a pain finding matches online. Nevertheless, I definitely recommend the game to anyone who likes Street Fighter.

My Street Fighter 4 Ryu headband I got for pre-ordering the game:

No unfortunately I have been waiting pateintly for blockbuster to have the game in stock. No such luck on release day since i did not show up the second blockbuster opened which is not good.