FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox cannot identify mime/filetype

leontius
When accessing PDF files from my university intranet with Firefox, there is no option to view with the document viewer / evince. There is only an option to save the file. However when using Firefox under windows there are options to view with adobe reader, save, etc. This only happens in that particular site, so PDFs in other sites have open with option.

Why does this happen? I tried looking for the options but cannot find it. The weird thing is it only happens in one website and not the others. I also tried to disable all extensions, to no avail.
tdossi
Hello, is because the Firefox add-ons for the Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape display. Is it there or missing it?
leontius
Yea I tried to disable the adobe PDF plugin but it still doesnt work.

What I mean by "view with doc viewer" is not the one where I can see the pdf right in the browser, but it is the on where the browser donwloads the pdf and automatically opens it. And it works ok in other websites.
tdossi
Hello leontius,
have you found a solution for the problem? Is also interesting for others. Vielleich has somebody later the same problem. Greeting tdossi