FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

explorer.exe consume 100% cpu

blk3
My explorer.exe consumes 100% cpu. It happens when i double click on My Computer. My anti virus doesn't detect anything. what could cause this?
skollenon
blk3 wrote:
My explorer.exe consumes 100% cpu. It happens when i double click on My Computer. My anti virus doesn't detect anything. what could cause this?

First: What anti-virus you use?

Well, there probably is not your explorer.exe...

When you double click it on my computer a lot of procedures are done automatically. Thus desenpenho occupying the whole of your computer! =(
This has happened to me!

As solution I format my PC...

You know format computer?
If you do not know, save everything it to be important and format the computer!
Install a good anti-virus like Kaspersky after...

And if possible leave a partition for the operating system, 10 to 20 giga depending on the system.
The rest you leave to partition data and if it happens again you will not need to save anything important again!

I hope I have helped.
Until more
blk3
skollenon wrote:
blk3 wrote:

When you double click it on my computer a lot of procedures are done automatically. Thus desenpenho occupying the whole of your computer! =(
This has happened to me!

And if possible leave a partition for the operating system, 10 to 20 giga depending on the system.
The rest you leave to partition data and if it happens again you will not need to save anything important again!

I hope I have helped.
Until more

I'm using AVG Free edition anti-virus. I hope there is a way that I won't have to reformat my PC.
skollenon
blk3 wrote:
skollenon wrote:
blk3 wrote:

This has happened to me!

I hope I have helped.
Until more

I'm using AVG Free edition anti-virus. I hope there is a way that I won't have to reformat my PC.

This is a malware quite annoying! =)

If possible use the "Kaspersky Internet Segurity"
The Karpersky can not any process on your computer...

Once the proceedings begin the anti-virus warning.
The anti-virus block any similar process... not occupying the computer!

The best solution is to format the computer but try this great anti-virus!
For me he is the best and can help you!
(recalling that the AVG Free is not a good anti-virus)

I hope I have helped...
Until more!
aningbo
how about system restore to the point when this didnt happen?

start\all programs\accessories\system tools\system restore.

check the date when the system was working properly. if there's a system restore point then go for it and ur problem should be solved.

when did this problem started occuring?
HamsterMan
Doubt it is a virus.

Try removing unnecessary programs that run at startup by running msconfig and unchecking them in the startup tab. Then defragment the computer incase it is badly fragmented.
Skye001
Run hijackthis and submit it to their labs, their website will process the log to check if you have any malware or anything bad running on your machine.

You need the latest version of hijackthis.
Jamestf347
explorer.exe is the gui for windows, it could be a number of things... One of which something with you're windows is messed up, another would be corrupt files, and last but not least virus. May I suggest malware bytes, free download scan it and if it detects something it'll remove it. Or if you're good with command prompt you could scan that way. But anyways, If you don't find a virus, i'd say at least install windows again, or make a partition put you're important files on there, format the c: drive (which will keep your partitioned drive (like dSmile files. And just install windows again, copy the files and bang! it should be fixed.
jdelfire
i can offer a remote assistance for you add me up in yahoo and we can do a remote session.. ill remove the virus exploit in your system...

its jdelfire

no charge man.... just my hobby
fladry
There are some viruses that take name of explorer(like explorer.com instead of explorer.exe) and start explorer automatically in startup along with doing other harmful tasks. First of all, look if there is explorer.exe or explorer.com in your windows dir
KHO
blk3 wrote:
Simple solution: Install Total Commander by Ghisler, and then "taskill /IM explorer.exe" on boot ^_^ problem solved hehe.

Otherwise, I would suggest starting in safe mode, and running SFC from the run prompt (start-->run) just type in there sfc and hit ok. Follow this step by step with your windows disk handy, and you can restore your corrupted windows files easily. If this doesn't work, it is most certainly a virus attaching itself to the explorer.exe process. Simply kill the process in task manager, and then run virus scans -- all whilst in safe mode.
Jaan
I had this problem too, and it was due to installing a new video card on an old motherboard. I solved it by installing the latest drivers for the BIOS and the motherboard. That said, a total reinstall might be heatlhy for your system too.

Cheers
guissmo
Slightly off-topic, but is AntiVir a good enough anti virus to take care of such a catastrophic virus?
umeshtangnu
try hijackthis and upload the scanfile to their servers for analysis of the results
u can also run a online anti virus scan on our computer
sanalskumar
Hey guys, he is telling it happens only when he opens My Computer. So lets be sure that this is because some of annoying thing, which is integrated to exploror.exe process. So i am sure that you will not face this issue from safe mode. Go to safe mode, run any vulnerability scanner (like "hijackthis") remove any unwanted integrations to explorer.exe or any other system critical processes. Then goto run type 'sfc /scannow' (As someone said earlier, it will ask for the OS cd) After finishing this, run a full scan with your antivirus (with latest updates) from within safe mode(if it permits you to). Restart and try if problem persists, i am sure you have come out of this issue...
gilwe
blk3 wrote:

You might want to download the free CCleaner utility and clean up the junk that might lay in your system and local data.