FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many energy drinks have you had at once?

lockwolf
Just kinda wondering, wanna find out who enjoys these things.

I have drinken 80 ounces of energy drinks in one sitting. at the AMPM I go to, they have an energy drink in the soda fountain. a 64 ounce one is $1.74. Then to follow it up, I got a Tall Boy AMP at 16 ounces. Kinda cool, and I'm not dead.....Yet
naz
I once ,many years ago , had about 10 Red Bull...wasn't that funny. Mad
boringest
don't you get headaches after drinking too much of this?

i can at the most drink 2 cans max...otherwise i'll get a migraine!
lockwolf
Nope, but I think I had a hangover from that
pixor
I totally HATE and DETEST energy drinks. Not because their hardmful to health or other useless jabber. But man, they really taste like $#!7. YUCHK.
dule
umm... i think i never had more than 1 energy drink at the time. how do u feel anyway when u drink 10 of them :O ??
php_wizard_l33t
What if you don't drink energy drinks?
killer64321
on't you get headaches after drinking too much of this?

i can at the most drink 2 cans max...otherwise i'll get a migraine!
[FuN]goku
they got this type of sobe in a can. its like the size of a regular popcan and a small popcan.. i drank about 3 of those and i was ****** up. i was puking all over the place and running around xD
greekcovers
Only once i remember...after a hard working day and gym, 5 redbulls at once.Didn't again !
Jack_Hammer
Quote:
How many energy drinks have you had at once?

Zero, never had one...
psycosquirrel
Once I drank 3 KMX energy drinks over a period of 4 hours...

The thing I am more proud of is drinking an entire 52 ounce slushie from QT in less than 15 minutes...
dan751
I go by ml more often than ounces, so, probably 3 300ml bottles at 65mg (caffiene) each. It was about 3 months ago.
Pixel
LoL @ topic^^

well, I have had two at once.
Jeff_vella_leone
man ur mad how on earth u can dring all those enrgy drinks i drink one and its more than anough
u need some beer to get out of the energy drink mania
naz
It was on a LAN Party and the only tastefull drink was REd Bull and I was thirsty and so I drank the 10 cans, but afterthat I wasn't able to continue my playing cause I was so nervous and shivered like hell.

Don't do that at home !
Eyre
haha, the skatepark i go to sells energy drinks that taste like gummy bears. i believe they are called FUll Throtle. I've drank about three (pathetic) and havent' really noticed a difference. I want to try Red Bull, i've just never got around to it.
psycosquirrel
I'm suprised how many people have had large quantities of Red Bull... It contains a drug that acts as a stimulant, and can actually cause your heart to beat so fast that it stops, giving you a heart attack...

Basically, what I am saying is chugging energy drinks can be bad for you...
Eyre
im pretty sure that would suck.

to be honest, ive never CHUGGED an energy drink. i've only drank it like a soda.
Hippie
A fun thing to do sometime when you have an espressor machine and nothing to do: just make like 30 shots of espresso, and take as many as you can. Just see what happens. :-) let me know if anyone actually tries it. :-)
SNES350
Unless Gatorade or Powerade (or maybe coffee, I've had a little bit of that) counts, none.
k3wldud3
Hmm...only 1...if that includes powerade.
Who would be stupid enough to chug down 10 cans of Red Bull??
hahame
i am not good at drink, just too bottle
karysky
I once drank half of a Dark Dog ...

I had an energy boost for half an hour but felt down all day-long after that....

I absolutetly hate energy drinks. I never drink them. They are bad for health, by causing too much adrenaline highs for nothing...

I rarely drink coffee too...
seanooi
my highest record was 5 cans in one shot. After that my stomach bloated. I know energy drinks don't have gas, but it just bloated....
Eyre
hahaha. if i ever do drink them, it is very rarely. they are bad for your health....
Slammer
I had 3 red bull in a row jsut before going on stage with me band, was a battle of the bands thing, we didnt get through cos the equipment ****** up, so after the boost went away, biiiiiiiiiiiiig dooooowner lol Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
solomagos
This is gonna sound weird... but I have never drunk one. I am too fond of coca-cola (coke), apple juice and water, and a drink called Horchata, here in spain. I think the next time i am able to, i am going to try one of that enery drinks, but i've read so many facts about it, it's bad for health and everything. Hope that's not true!
See you soon.
Lena, with love, xxx
godam64
you people should not used to consume any kind of chemical energy drinks. it's not good for your kidneys. actually energy drink is make some of your organs keep working although they are should not.

i think a glass a month is ok. get use to drinks lot of juices from vegetables or fruits. they good and natural for your body than any kind of energy drink. i wonder is there any energy drink like magic potion in asterix & obelix?
RosenCruz
I dont drink them .I dont think they are healthy Wink
DarkYuke
Why drink energy drinks when good old water is available?
windrei
one only.

actually i don't like having energy drinks, so poor in taste. And after some hours of having it, after your exercises or whatever you wanna do after with that energy drink, it's so tired and your body need to pay for the debt !!
johnabraham
i think i had like 3 cans of redbull and a couple of powerades, but this was after i ran the berlin marathon...
Caxius
i like very much energy drink. I drink one or tow "burn or redbull" every friday and saturday.
johnabraham
this i'm assuming is just energy drink by itself...not something like redbull-vodka...coz that could go into some cans per week Wink
timothymartin
In high school we would get a can of jolt, empty pixie sticks into it, and drink it so we could play football at nite in the winter in IA.
neildalanon
Can't remember. Smile
standready
I have never had an energy drink. Just sugar and caffeine and a ridiculous price for it.
You would an energy boost, drink Turkish coffee!
wombatrpgs
timothymartin wrote:
In high school we would get a can of jolt, empty pixie sticks into it, and drink it so we could play football at nite in the winter in IA.

This sounds like quite the sugar-rush.
Aulos
I had three Monsters, in one day. It was an away trip for the robotics team. Apparently I was talking really loud and fast. Normally I'm very quiet. Apparently I was sorta loopy, but I don't remember it that well...
Magicman
I can't stand those energy drinks. They taste terrible and the crash I always get after them is never worth the little bit of energy they provide.
menino
I once had 3 red bulls within an hours time, as I was required to finish a presentation, and it was lot of work that was required under pressure and duress; but after that I hated it, coz I felt really tired at night and drained, but had the energy to kick somebody only.
Insanity
I've probably had three at once to finish studying for an exam I knew I had no idea how to do... it paid off in the end, I think, because I aced that class for some reason while everyone else failed. Sometimes it helps i guess.
chartcentral
I take just one bottle of energy drink sometimes just to keep me alert and awake in the afternoon when I feel very sleepy at work. Smile
ankitdatashn
I am also not much an ardent supporter of energy drinks, this fountain drinks its fine but have not yet tried energy drinks so dont know what they taste like! Smile
chatrack
Me too doubtful whether These Energy drinks are good for Helth. So i did'nt use them
timothymartin
I can feel a total difference when I play basketball. If I drink only water I start getting tired after a couple hours. If I drink gatorade I can go all nite, and keep up with the kids.
jigoku05
2 bottle of red bulls. it doesn't have an effect on me that slept after drinking.
ProfessorY91
dule wrote:
umm... i think i never had more than 1 energy drink at the time. how do u feel anyway when u drink 10 of them :O ??

Seriously, this thread has the potential to turn dangerous. Don't be stupid and go and drink ten energy drinks at once. That would definitely adversely affect your body in more ways than one. I'm not going to try and pull a medical reference out of my ass, but common sense dictates moderation.

Damn.
Bikerman
The main active ingredient is nearly always caffeine and some contain gurana and/or ginseng (which also contain caffeine).
So the 'buzz' is a caffeine buzz and the anti-drowsy effect is, again, the caffeine. If your mood improves then that will be because you are already in caffeine withdrawal and the drink stops the effects of that withdrawal. Sooner or later, however, you will probably get a slight downer as your body goes into caffeine withdrawal symptoms. For most people it is so minor they may not even notice. For serious coffee drinkers like me, caffeine withdrawal can be a real pain. It is a drug, and like any drug it is best, ideally, not to take it at all. Drinking a tin is not going to do you any harm and may well improve concentration over the short term.
Drinking several is not a good idea since you will simply overdose on caffeine - and as someone who has done that a few times (I like very strong coffee) I can tell you it is not pleasant and can be dangerous. To those who advocate drinking more than one can - you are playing russian roulette. Russ Cooney - a very fit 18yr old Athlete - drank 4 cans of red bull before a basketball match. He died soon after. The post-mortem showed that caffeine was a major contributory factor in his death and that he had no detectable underlying health problems.

Personally if you need a boost then I would go for a nice cappuchino or mocha rather than a sugary watery version of the same with a few herbs in it. But I would advise others not to develop a caffeine habit and instead have a nice fruit drink or even a glass of chilled refreshing WATER.
deanhills
I find the energy drinks a godsend on long road journeys. I rarely use them, however if on a very long ride of 1000km at a time, and some of it at night, the energy drink does give a boost. From a natural point of view, but then one would need a very heavy duty juicer for that, a shot of wheat grass juice would be completely healthy. Also, if available a dose of chlorophyl. But energy drinks like Red Bull, as an occasional spurt, can be just the right thing.
soljarag
maybe a couple.... I used to drink them my final semester of college ...... It helped the first couple of times it helped, but them i came immune to them.........
wombatrpgs
Yeah, I have a friend who developed an "immunity." He had a pretty bad hospital stint after a couple espresso shots and three Red Bulls. He doesn't do that stuff any more...
Radar
None. Possibly a valid answer here, possibly not.
Bluedoll
One! After all is said and done it is really only about what your tummy can hold and it doesn't really keep count, just what its feeling at the time.
wombatrpgs
I'd think other factors would kick in before you physically couldn't drink any more...
dapopeyoh
I don't like energy drinks. I've heard that taking too much can cause diabetics.
rocking
The biggest amount I drink at once is 2 cans,
but once I was drinkking atleast one can a day,
No I stopped drinking it beacuse it is not healthy.
engammalsko
2. I didn't like it. Everyone in my class drank it. But I prefer coffee Smile
LittleBlackKitten
I only have one if I HAVE to be awake longer than I know I can be, or if my brain has that "fog" and it is imperative that I stay focused, clear minded, and awake. As a coffee drinker, I no longer get the rise from caffeine any more. And even then, I try to have 5-Hour energy because it's all natural and better for you. Unfortunately for me, I'm allergic to Aspartame, so I can't have many pops out there. I would have red bull or monster over anything else if 5-hour energy wasn't available.
standready
NONE! I don't waste my money on so-called energy drinks when a cup of black coffee will perk me up if I need.
ankitdatashn
Had not drank too much energy in my life leave along drinking at once. I may have drank at most 3 soft drinks or juice glass at once, not more than that, although may have drank much more water than that at once....
wombatrpgs
ankitdatashn wrote:
Had not drank too much energy in my life leave along drinking at once. I may have drank at most 3 soft drinks or juice glass at once, not more than that, although may have drank much more water than that at once....

Well, water doesn't exactly have the same effects...
andysart380
ive never drank more than one at a time.. im going to have to see what i can do about this Razz
mengshi200
Plain boiled water is best drink for health,i think.
these so called enery drink stur body,but not natrual.
airh3ad
I love gatorade and t keeps me going btw its good to drink like to generate our energy. more vitamins and power
natilovesmike
Wow, this question brings me back more than 10 years ago when I used to drink those things...
I think I once had 2-3 red bulls and I was pretty hiper...luckily we were enjoying a day outside so we could run around a lot...and we did!
wombatrpgs
airh3ad wrote:
I love gatorade and t keeps me going btw its good to drink like to generate our energy. more vitamins and power

And more sugar. Don't forget sugar.
Utopia GFR
I don't really enjoy those kinds of drinks but I admit that Red Bull has a stimulating effect on my behavior.

I've never exceeded two drinks in a row though and I don't think doing so would be very healthy (I only drink energy drinks in specific cases like driving my car or doing sports).

Tea or coffee are healthier than energy drinks provided that you know when to stop Smile

lockwolf wrote:
Just kinda wondering, wanna find out who enjoys these things.

I have drinken 80 ounces of energy drinks in one sitting. at the AMPM I go to, they have an energy drink in the soda fountain. a 64 ounce one is $1.74. Then to follow it up, I got a Tall Boy AMP at 16 ounces. Kinda cool, and I'm not dead.....Yet
sevenof15
pfft
i went to do voluntary work for a rugby festival over the weekend and it was sponsored by red bull...
all i can say is at least 15 a day over 2 day which REALLY screwed me over
to make it worse im ADHD!!!
codegeek
Two has been my maximum. I had them when I was pulling an all-nighter for one of my exams.
deanhills
I'd say coffee seems to be my "energy" drink right now. Two seem to be my maximum if I want to up my energy levels. When I was traveling last year in September I also liked Glaceau's Vitamin Water Zero, but specifically the Energy one (with B vitamins and guarana) - tropical citrus. A real thirst quencher (they say it's supposed to be hydrating too) as well as gave me plenty of energy. I only needed one of those, but sometimes went for two a day.
Deline
standready wrote:
NONE! I don't waste my money on so-called energy drinks when a cup of black coffee will perk me up if I need.

I agree! I love coffee so much, but when I'm really tired nothing works better than a good sleep.
the_emissary
I usually read the label of the food I eat or drink so I don't go overboard. In the large can of liquid nitro energy drink is two servings and the can says not to consume more than three servings in 24 hours but the max I have done is four servings in two hours... Didn't feel 100% after though lol
RosenCruz
Never more than one. I also did not have one in years. I guess i do not like those very much
Insanity
I don't usually drink energy drinks because they make me feel all weird and shaky, but I had to do it because I was studying late one night and I had like three or four. I did not feel very good after all that energy drink, but I think I passed my test.
wombatrpgs
the_emissary wrote:
I usually read the label of the food I eat or drink so I don't go overboard. In the large can of liquid nitro energy drink is two servings and the can says not to consume more than three servings in 24 hours but the max I have done is four servings in two hours... Didn't feel 100% after though lol

Life on the edge, to be sure.