FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Afro Samurai

Spartan
The game demo came out recently, I played it, and it was pretty cool. I found out that this game was based on an anime, also Afro Samurai. Has anyone here watched it? Do you recommend?
driftingfe3s
I only watched part of it. I think there are only five episodes, and a sequel in the form of a move just came out called "Afro Samurai - Resurrection". I thought it was alright, but it didn't really compel me enough to finish the series.

You can a summary about Afro Samurai at Anime News Network here : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5275
ddukki
driftingfe3s wrote:
I only watched part of it. I think there are only five episodes, and a sequel in the form of a move just came out called "Afro Samurai - Resurrection". I thought it was alright, but it didn't really compel me enough to finish the series.

You can a summary about Afro Samurai at Anime News Network here : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5275
I watched the first five minutes of the movie and I was taken back by the visuals. I haven't felt something like this since I first saw Cowboy Bebop. I'm not too sure about the story, but the action sequences must be KILLER.

I will watch the rest and repost a better reply.
amperx
there isn't much you can expect from the story, but the visuals is just very great!
morgan freeman just speaks in the anime, in about a few seconds or so, then fight resumes, so you cant really get too much from the story, just view the fight scenes XD
blk3
Spartan wrote:
The game demo came out recently, I played it, and it was pretty cool. I found out that this game was based on an anime, also Afro Samurai. Has anyone here watched it? Do you recommend?

I've watched it, and also the sequel, 'Resurrection'. I'd say its average, its an American cartoon that looks like Japanese anime. I recommend you watch it. and oh I think the first movie is better than the sequel.
Leandrokun
Great Anime...
And the best.. is really short.. xD
sebbe44
Seriously?

Love it
Spartan
Eh I forgot about this thread, a lot of other stuff occupied my mind. Anyways, thanks for the feedback, I'm gonna try to get a hold on this, I don't see any negative feedback in here. Very Happy