FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SATA HDD with corrupt data

blk3
hi, I just purchased a SATA HDD, its 500Gig. I've bought an enclosure for it. I've copied lots of files on it, but when I returned to it later all my files are corrupt. The files names are all there and also the same byte sizes. What do you think causes this, btw the HDD is really for a desktop, I just bought a 3.5 enclosure just to make it portable.
coreymanshack
What brand HD? what enclosure did you buy?
Did the HD fall off your desk?
blk3
No, the HDD didn't fall off, its also totally brand new, I'm currently using it right now on my desktop as I have removed it from the enclosure because my data gets corrupt there. Btw the enclosure brand is SATURN. The HDD brand is a SAMSUNG.
mathiaus
Does it work OK when you don't use the enclosure?
blk3
mathiaus wrote:

Yes it works fine on my desktop, my primary suspect is the enclosure I guess it just can't handle a 500 gig capacity. I just might try to resell that enclosure sometime.
coreymanshack
blk3 wrote:
mathiaus wrote:

Yes it works fine on my desktop, my primary suspect is the enclosure I guess it just can't handle a 500 gig capacity. I just might try to resell that enclosure sometime.

Guess you found the culprit Very Happy
aningbo
well, its obviously the enclosure. get it replace or dump it off. have fun
gilwe
blk3 wrote:
hi, I just purchased a SATA HDD, its 500Gig. I've bought an enclosure for it. I've copied lots of files on it, but when I returned to it later all my files are corrupt. The files names are all there and also the same byte sizes. What do you think causes this, btw the HDD is really for a desktop, I just bought a 3.5 enclosure just to make it portable.

Have you tried running Scandisk ?