FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blyk

loyal
Hey, peace.

In england, there's a mobile company called 'blyk', which gives free credit every month regardless of whether you top up or not.
They've changed from a free monthly refill of 217 texts and 43 minutes to a free refill of £15 per month.
What do people on blyk think about this?

Or maybe you've never even heard of blyk lol...let's hope there's someone else on blyk apart from me.
coreymanshack
loyal wrote:
Hey, peace.

In england, there's a mobile company called 'blyk', which gives free credit every month regardless of whether you top up or not.
They've changed from a free monthly refill of 217 texts and 43 minutes to a free refill of £15 per month.

Or maybe you've never even heard of blyk lol...let's hope there's someone else on blyk apart from me.

I've never heard of blyk, but I think £15 per month is better for both sides. If I text a lot but I do not talk so much, I would want more texts, if I talk more but do not text so much I would want more minutes. With £15 per month everyone wins because it can apply to either or and both.
loyal
coreymanshack wrote:
loyal wrote:
Hey, peace.

I've never heard of blyk, but I think £15 per month is better for both sides. If I text a lot but I do not talk so much, I would want more texts, if I talk more but do not text so much I would want more minutes. With £15 per month everyone wins because it can apply to either or and both.

When it was 217 texts and 43 minutes, they gave an offer of "if you top-up, we'll give you 150 more texts on the next refills". Now with £15, you get £5 free if you top-up.

If you're in england, i'd be happy to post/pm an invitation code, if you want to change to blyk. I know they use orange's services as host for their own services.

Peace.
LiisaBabesz_x
can some send me an invite pleasee
add me if u can liisababesz_x@hotmail.co.uk
thnks Very Happy
[/i][/quote]
mwsupra
Nope, never heard of it until now. Although it doesn't really apply to me since I'm in the US Rolling Eyes
loyal
LiisaBabesz_x wrote:
can some send me an invite pleasee
add me if u can liisababesz_x@hotmail.co.uk
thnks Very Happy
[/i]
[/quote]

Hey,

they've disabled invites at the moment, which is really annoying. i'll post an invite code when they become available.
stel4e
'blyk' haha what a funny name for a mobile company Smile))
tony
stel4e wrote:
'blyk' haha what a funny name for a mobile company Smile))

Haha; yeah! Blyk blyk Razz
loyal
Peace, Hey.

I know a couple of people wanted blyk invite codes. I don't know why, but they are still unavailable at the moment for most blyk account holders.
Wikipedia says you canslo text "JOIN" to 82595 from a UK mobile phone. I don't think it'll work, but if you're desperate, give it a go.
hamza1122
woah that's cool . too bad it's not in australia though, they;ll make heaps of money.
loyal
hamza1122 wrote:
woah that's cool . too bad it's not in australia though, they;ll make heaps of money.

Peace, Hello.

I think they get paid for allowing companies to advertise through them. The only "catch" for this free service is that you recieve upto a maximum of six adverts a day (i get about two a day). You don't need to reply to them (although i tend to reply to the questionaires) and it doesn't cost anything to receive them. So it's not much of a "catch".
loyal
Peace.

Sad news. Now we know why blyk have stopped invites. Their service is ending.

http://www.blyk.co.uk/info wrote:

The Blyk offer in the UK is finishing 26th August.
Until then, make the most of Blyk – you’ll receive your free refill as normal and will still be able to use top-up credit.

Why?
Blyk is changing from being an independent mobile operator to become a partner for other established operators to bring the benefits of mobile advertising to their customers. In this way, we will be able to reach more people and share the Blyk experience – not just in the UK, but globally.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it sounds like they are changing from providing free mobile service in exchange for receiving adverts, to helping other mobile service providers send more adverts to their members.

The real reason is probably that they haven't received enough funding during this recession (or whatever the technical term is), and so ran out of money.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/jul/22/orange-free-gifts-advertising-blyk wrote:

Blyk had signed up a host of brands – including McDonald's and Coca-Cola – who wanted to reach the youth market. But having garnered about 200,000 customers, the advertising market took a tumble last year, leaving brands unwilling to experiment with new formats. As a result, the Blyk model became unsustainable and the company stopped signing up new customers earlier this year. Blyk, which refused to comment, is expected to shut down its own-brand UK service later this summer and instead license it to Orange.

It was great while it lasted!

Hmm....now i need to find an alternative mobile service...

Sorry, i won't be able to give invites to the people who asked. (obviously lol)

This post might be helpful to anyone looking for a new mobile provider: http://forum.blyk.co.uk/forums/permalink/26764/26770/ShowThread.aspx#26770 .
tony
Blyk sounds like a good idea! I've never heard of it but I think with those credentials I would have to try it out if I could Smile Interesting business plan Razz
Vrythramax
Just like Blyk, this topic has just about run it's course.