FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HDD Health - A full-featured hard drive failure-prediction

dlwallpaperdotnet

Free download: http://www.panterasoft.com/download/hddh.exe

HDD Health is a full-featured failure-prediction application for computers running Windows.Sitting in the system tray, it monitors hard disks and alerts you to impending failure.

HDD Health uses Self Monitoring and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) built into all new hard disks, and can predict failures on your hard drives.

A host of alerting features include email, local pop-up messages, net messages, and event logging, while using no system resources.

HDD Health monitors attribute changes, analyzes speed of falling (lowering), and calculates remaining time of life HDD based on this data.

Furthermore, HDD Health shows other useful information about your HDD - supported standards, speed modes of operation, current mode of operation (PIO, DMA, UDMA…), and others. Detailed info about these modes can be found under “HDD technology”.

Requirements:
· 32 MB RAM
· 1 MB on HDD

Good luck!
surdy
I was lately concerned about my hard disk help and now I just checked the health using this tool.
To my surprise it showed 100% health. I hadn't expected that Razz ..especially the way I have treated my hard disk lately (too many improper shutdowns).
Anyways one thing that really surprised me was the temperature feature , it showed -1C ....thats below freezing. Whats wrong with this Razz

I don;t know how much to rely on it.
ThePolemistis
surdy wrote:
I was lately concerned about my hard disk help and now I just checked the health using this tool.
To my surprise it showed 100% health. I hadn't expected that Razz ..especially the way I have treated my hard disk lately (too many improper shutdowns).
Anyways one thing that really surprised me was the temperature feature , it showed -1C ....thats below freezing. Whats wrong with this Razz

dont rely on this "SMART" too much.. my hdd was 100% and afew days later showed critical life.
On the other hand,, ive had aother hdd that shows 99% and has lasted me several years - 7 in fact Smile.

woww... ur hdd temp is low. mine sometimes reaches 75 Smile... thats on my old laptop hehe
coreymanshack
surdy wrote:

Your temp node on the hard disk is faulty.

I bet what the program doesn't tell you guys is if the hard disk doesn't have a lot of the features the program uses to gather data it will show false results.

I wonder how accurate this program is for discs with the features the program uses.