FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestion

gverutes
I think that this is a really good forum, however, the icons for the different sections should be changed so that they show users what they are about. Currently, they are all the same picture. This does not give me a quick indication of what they are about.

-G
AftershockVibe
From what I remember about PHPBB, all the sections are dynamically generated from the database with no option to specify a custom icon. This means that each forum (or subforum) is given the same icon.

I suppose the template code could be modified to add the forum's name to the end of the .jpg (or .gif, whatever) but this would require a bit of digging.
Bondings
The problem is that we have a lot of forums, so it would require a lot of items. Secondly, they would take quite some bandwidth. And also there needs to be some way to indicate that there are new posts.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
The problem is that we have a lot of forums, so it would require a lot of items. Secondly, they would take quite some bandwidth. And also there needs to be some way to indicate that there are new posts.

Agreed. When there are problems with timing out, or database challenges, then my computer tries to compensate by "x"ing out the icons anyway. Better to keep it simple as I would sooner prefer that Frihost works faster than have icons in the way. I don't see the problem really. Once you are used to Frihost, you will find yourself going automatically to your regular spots. Sort of an automatic reflex Smile