FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pls review my new e-commerce store!

distantship
Hi everyone!
I've just finished my e-commerce store http://www.glasswarecandleholders.com and want to improve it before i start my SEO plan, could anyone here pls help to review it?
Any comment is highly apprecicated!
Thanks in advance!
Cheers.
mtorregiani
Well, the desing is pretty good. You should have to change that default text in the header, and add a logo of yours.
erlendhg
I agree that the design is good, but feel like there is a bit "much" on the page. Like all the content is equally important, and none of it drags my focus specially.

Also, is the SSL-encryption so important that it have to be placed on top of the page. I am desperately looking for the name of the site....
GB
You have got to put your company's name up at the top. The credit cards and 128 ssl thing should move to the bottom of the page.

You have the shop by category thing on their twice. Why is it so prominently featured? Instead, I would show the specials section there.

I don't like that there are no product reviews. You should take the time to review some of your best selling products and some of your specials to review. That's where I'd start, then start reviewing other items. If you don't want to review items, I'd take down that section for now.

The quick find section should move to the top of the column and be renamed to search. This is just an usability issue more than anything else.

I'd also like to see some more information about you and your company somewhere in the site.

Take out the "Friends" section. Lots of links that have no relevancy to your website. I can't be sure, but do you really know any of the people on the page or is this a link farm? Google doesn't look kindly on link farms.

Anyway, hope that your business is a success. I hope you'll find the Frihost community to be a source of support for your questions.
the-guide
Agree with GB that you should put your company's name up prominently at the top and move the credit cards and 128 ssl thing to the bottom of the page. Also the section about your company is importance as well. Overall your site is a nice looks and clear site. Smile