FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Disney World, Florida

la_Duchess
It has been said that Walt Disney World is the happiest place on Earth. Well let me be the first to tell you, it truly is. No matter how old I was when I went I was always happy.

I have been there so many times . I just love this place. This is one place in the world you can never outgrow.

My first time was back in the early 70's when it was brand new. Through my child hood I must of visited the place 5-6 times. Then as a mother of four I brought my children numerous times.

Now I have a duaghter who works there and I tend to go see her and Disney several times a year.

I think it is a fun place any time of the year, especially around holidays. The park is always decorated to the nines for every season and holiday. I recently went for Halloween and I was amazed at the spectacular decor.

There is something truly magical about this place. Magic Kingdom, Florida is a magical wonderland that you must visit at least once in your lifetime. You won't be sorry.
deanhills
la_Duchess wrote:
It has been said that Walt Disney World is the happiest place on Earth. Well let me be the first to tell you, it truly is. No matter how old I was when I went I was always happy.

I have been there so many times . I just love this place. This is one place in the world you can never outgrow.

My first time was back in the early 70's when it was brand new. Through my child hood I must of visited the place 5-6 times. Then as a mother of four I brought my children numerous times.

Now I have a duaghter who works there and I tend to go see her and Disney several times a year.

I think it is a fun place any time of the year, especially around holidays. The park is always decorated to the nines for every season and holiday. I recently went for Halloween and I was amazed at the spectacular decor.

There is something truly magical about this place. Magic Kingdom, Florida is a magical wonderland that you must visit at least once in your lifetime. You won't be sorry.

It is an AMAZING place. And I wish I knew how enormous it was. As I gave myself 3 days, and a week would have been much better. Nicest part for me was Epcot Centre. Another part I liked was that the whole organization there is self-supporting, making their own food, growing their own products. The arrangements surrounding lining up for events are mind-staggering. The best organization I can imagine in the world, and you won't waste a minute, unless you are there in peak peak season, and even then lines always are moving fast. Lots of nice accommodation around from very expensive to really budget. I remember I stayed at Days Inn in somewhere, and they had transportation to Disney World and Epcot Centre. One of the most memorable visits I had in the US, including a side trip to Tampa.
la_Duchess
Yes if you plan a trip to Disney you need to give yourself a least a week if you want to try and do it all. They have so much to offer that 3 days is definitly not enough time without leaving some things not seen or done.
atleetalie
As I'm a Euopean, I've visited Disneyland resort Paris(DLRP). I think it is all true; it is a magical place. And I'm always happy when I visit. All the decorations are so perfect, and there is so much too see. And there a so much things to enjoy; parades, rides and shows. I think it really is the happiest place on earth.
nigam
it is truly a magical place....such a beautiful place to live it....i have been to hongkong disneyland...wow....i could nevery forget....it feels im a child when i am there...i wish i could go back there someday with my family....
Magicman
Disney World does have great parks but they tend to lack many rides for teenagers. Each park has maybe two or three rides that teenagers should really enjoy but other than that, the rides and attractions are aimed at younger kids. I really don't have a problem with that since it is of course meant to be a magical place for little kids and families. Assuming fairly short lines, someone could probably hit all the thrill-seeker-pleasing rides in one day.
ocalhoun
I'm surprised there's been no negative comments about it...
Perhaps its different from your point of view, but a country boy like me sees it as interesting, but fake and crowded.
la_Duchess
If you visit all the parks during you WDW stay you can find seversl rides geared towards teenagers. It's not like it's six flags or cedar point. It's more fantasy than thrills. I just know it's my favourite place to visit.
deanhills
Magicman wrote:
Disney World does have great parks but they tend to lack many rides for teenagers. Each park has maybe two or three rides that teenagers should really enjoy but other than that, the rides and attractions are aimed at younger kids. I really don't have a problem with that since it is of course meant to be a magical place for little kids and families. Assuming fairly short lines, someone could probably hit all the thrill-seeker-pleasing rides in one day.
I think I can agree, especially by American teenager standards. Perhaps there need to be more interactive attractions of the Star Wars or Magical Games variety that can excite teenagers. Who knows, perhaps they're already working on those. Smile
Solon_Poledourus
Strangely, I have never been there. And I live only a couple hours south of Orlando. I went to Disneyland in California when I was a kid once(didn't really care for it), though I much prefer Seaworld or the San Diego Zoo(been to both of those numerous times). There's just something about the surreal nature of a cartoon world come to life that makes me feel uneasy.

Or maybe I just took too much LSD in my youth and the imagery creeps me the hell out.
deanhills
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
Strangely, I have never been there. And I live only a couple hours south of Orlando. I went to Disneyland in California when I was a kid once(didn't really care for it), though I much prefer Seaworld or the San Diego Zoo(been to both of those numerous times). There's just something about the surreal nature of a cartoon world come to life that makes me feel uneasy.

Or maybe I just took too much LSD in my youth and the imagery creeps me the hell out.
Guess that happens all the time. One rather travels a few thousand miles by air to see the attractions of another country than attend to those that are in such easy proximity. Think the Orlando one is better than the one in California, what struck me at the time I visited was how they grow their own food as well as make their own food products. I think Seaworld is great too. A special ambience for sure.
Dollyehs
I wish i could go there, i have been told by many people it is fantastic. I wouldn't know when to go and unfortuently at the moment i don't have the money to spend flying over to Florida. However i have been to Disney Land in Paris but i guess it's not the same.
Wolf1918
ocalhoun wrote:
I'm surprised there's been no negative comments about it...
Perhaps its different from your point of view, but a country boy like me sees it as interesting, but fake and crowded.

Well, yeah, it is fake. Very Happy It IS a fantasy land after all. And it's crowded because so many people also love it.

I've only been there once when I was in my late 40s and I loved it! We only had about a day and a half, not NEARLY long enough to see and do everything. Would I go again if I could afford it? You bet I would.

I've also been to SeaWorld and Universal Studios in Orlando. Both of them were great too, but Disney World was the best. My only regret is that I didn't have a week or more to stay and see everything there was to see.
ocalhoun
Wolf1918 wrote:

I've also been to SeaWorld and Universal Studios in Orlando.

SeaWorld is better about the fakeness. Sure there is still a lot of fake stuff, but at least the animals are real, not silly robots.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Wolf1918 wrote:

I've also been to SeaWorld and Universal Studios in Orlando.

SeaWorld is better about the fakeness. Sure there is still a lot of fake stuff, but at least the animals are real, not silly robots.
Right, they are real and they are also very much loved by the SeaWorld employees, that's obvious. But still, the sad part is that they are in captivity.

I have not been to Epcot Centre recently but seem to recall that it had plenty of substance, full of history, education, I thought it was very educational and exceptionally well organized. And of course Disney World is for kids, and all the Disney characters much loved. All of it is good from a tourism point of view.
UKJim
Ive been to disney in florida about 4 times now, I went year after year for about 3 years and then had a year off and went back year after.

I also did a two barrel holiday 3 days in new york and 10 days in florida, this was ace having an internal flight to florida.

I love how it changes every year, always something new to see, so if you went every other year there would be so much to look at and do, you would probably get lost in it all.

I like the big turkey legs in disney too hehe, they are HUGE!"

Whats your favourite ride there? Mine has to be the krackon in seaworld, ino its not disney but all the same heh?

Cheers
mikeperhem1
Disney world have various attracting spots for every agegroup.
mikeperhem1
Disney World, Florida is such a fantastic location to visit. Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom, and the World Showcase section of the Epcot park. Visit the Animal Kingdom park for close encounters with the animals of Africa and Asia.
List of places to visit there:
Magic Kingdom Park
Epcot
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Animal Kingdom Park
Water Parks
llugaric
mikeperhem1 wrote:
Disney World, Florida is such a fantastic location to visit. Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom, and the World Showcase section of the Epcot park. Visit the Animal Kingdom park for close encounters with the animals of Africa and Asia.
List of places to visit there:
Magic Kingdom Park
Epcot
Water Parks

Seen Magic Kingdom and Epcot... I guess for us nerds Epcot is paradise... Magic Kingdom is more for kids Smile
mikeperhem1
Disney world is such a awesome place .there are various places to visit there:
Magic Kingdom Park
Epcot
Water Parks
jackbreat
Disney's world is very awesome and fantastic place.which is very like.In their I have love thinks more which are
1.Disney's Animal Kingdom Park
2.Water Parks