FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

UMNESS (redesign)

bjwok
hey folks,

i've finally updated the rather lame ass UMNESS website and am now stoked with it!

linky:

http://www.umness.com/

thoughts?
LukeakaDanish
Yea, I like it too...

I found one minor bug: in FF3, the mouse becomes a "text" instead of a "pointer" when you hover the links. Perhaps you should just add cursor: point to your css?

Also you don't have even the smallest menu once the user browses to any of the subpages...thats um dude...Wink
bjwok
haha! nice use of the word man - your first usage and and it's done perfectly Smile

i fixed the pointer issue - thanks for highlighting it for me. i hadn't checked in firefox.

hey there is a menu on the subpages, it's very simple but it's at the top...
Insanity
Looks great... love the intro page. Cool concept for navigation.
TomS
The blinding white on the all black background is um...
I couldn't stay there for more than one minute
LukeakaDanish
bjwok wrote:
haha! nice use of the word man - your first usage and and it's done perfectly Smile

i fixed the pointer issue - thanks for highlighting it for me. i hadn't checked in firefox.

hey there is a menu on the subpages, it's very simple but it's at the top...

Well, I think it would be much better with links to all the different pages, rather than a link to the menu...um...but maybe that's just me.

Also I noticed that you have scrolling content...thaaaats um dude..why not just have it take up some more of the black space?
bjwok
thanks guys.

toms, i don't think the white is "blinding" maybe check your brightness/contrast on your monitor? i've checked it on a few different screens and it seems fine to me?

you get bonus points for the use of "um" in your post tho! Smile would that be your first use of the word?

luke i like the scolling content as you never do know the resolution of everyones monitor... personal taste...
coreymanshack
Looks great, work on the content friend Very Happy
bjwok
work on the content?

content is finished as it is now Smile
TomS
Yeahs First use ever in that context. I only knew "uhm" before for "let me think a moment"^^

My eyes are a bit sensible, I must admin. But I've seen many white on black pages, that are OK with me.
coreymanshack
bjwok wrote:
work on the content?

content is finished as it is now Smile

Well, there isn't really much to do.
erlendhg
I like the design.
But the text is acting strangely in Google Chrome (I haven't tried other browsers).
I don't know if that is just a bug in the browser, or in your code, but you should try to view
for instance the "Contact UMNESS" page in Chrome....
The text does really go weird.
bjwok
thanks man, i previews fine in every other browser. i would suggest a problem with the browser...
coreymanshack
bjwok wrote:
thanks man, i previews fine in every other browser. i would suggest a problem with the browser...

did your css validate?
LukeakaDanish
I just tested it with my chrome...no problem (fully updated on XP SP3)...
bjwok
haven't validated it, but i'm quietly confident! hehehe