FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with a Laptop !! HELP !!

metalfreek
I have a problem with Laptop. It has wondows XP Media center Edition. As soon as I login, it just logs out. But now it is even worse. It now never even goes to the desktop. The screen displays black and never even goes to desktop. Using the safemode was an option but safemode is also not working. And to make the matter worse the DVD in Laptop stopped working. I have thought a lot of things but nothing helped. Does anybody have an idea which will help me to format the laptop. Remember that is DVD ROm is not working.
coreymanshack
metalfreek wrote:
I have a problem with Laptop. It has wondows XP Media center Edition. As soon as I login, it just logs out. But now it is even worse. It now never even goes to the desktop. The screen displays black and never even goes to desktop. Using the safemode was an option but safemode is also not working. And to make the matter worse the DVD in Laptop stopped working. I have thought a lot of things but nothing helped. Does anybody have an idea which will help me to format the laptop. Remember that is DVD ROm is not working.

Have you disconnected the drive?

You're going to have to boot from a USB drive to reformat your laptop.
metalfreek
I once tried with a bootable USB, but it didnt work. I changed the BIOS setting for laptop but it never worked that way as well.
Skye001
What was the last thing you did to your laptop?

If your DVD-rom aint working I would look on ebay for a replacement. Most DVD drives for laptops just need a push to get back working as they can get quite lose.

Regarding your problems with not logging on thats a tough one, can you not log on as Administrator?
When you say safemode is not working? Can you please elaborate on that? Have you tried last known configuration??
coreymanshack
metalfreek wrote:
I once tried with a bootable USB, but it didnt work. I changed the BIOS setting for laptop but it never worked that way as well.

Well if you dont have a DVD/CD drive in your laptop about your only choice is a bootable USB unless you want to try and install over network, I've never even tried that.
metalfreek
My problem is that the logo of windows XP appears but it never goes to desktop and the screen remains black. The same thing happens with Safemode and the Last known configuration that worked. I never get to a login screen. The screen remains the same for hours black and blank.
coreymanshack
without more coop from you we aren't gunna be able to tell you anything, I think you just need to take it in and have someone look at it.
bloodrider
Check your BIOS configuration and assure you can boot trough USB, as your DVD drive isn't working.
Use a USB pen with a distribution of Windows XP, boot from it and try a "repair windows".

If you can't boot trough USB, well, good luck Razz (try installing over network...)
aningbo
does it take you to the point where u can log in but logs off after that. i mean logs you off after u enter ur username and password?

if this is the case then its a faulty registry: userint

the only thing i could think of is to format your system or use the windows cd to repair it. good luck.