FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How long does it take for google to download my sitemap...

jspets
Hi

i submitted a sitemap about 2 weeks ago and that has been indexed and now i have created another 20 pages, and updated the sitemap on my public_html How long will it take for google to download it again. my sitemap was last downloaded 12th february the day before i updated the sitempa.

how long do you think i will take for them to download it again???

Very Happy
brokenadvice
I think there is a page in google webmaster tools that tells google when to update the sitemap, but the maximum time is about one month. More than likely you will get crawled again within two weeks, it really depends on how high your pagerank is. I have seen pages from a high pagerank site on google search literally minutes after they are created. You probably have a low pagerank, so you are not in the highest priority bracket.
inphurno
usually it doesn't take that long. in my experience it takes a couple of days even with a low page rank but it always depends on volume of sitemaps submitted
Josso
Yeah a couple of days usually, I have a pagerank of 2 and I had mine done within the day.