FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Revolutions Controller

Monkeydog
Click here
This could be the biggest thing in gaming since the orginal Nintendo.
Nintendo set the standard of gaming controllers and just plain gaming 20 years ago and they are going to do it again.
I can't wait.
Think of how Star Fox and Metroid will play...*drools*
amusedtoe
Well it's certainly as different as they made it out to be. My knee jerk reaction is definately to be skeptical and wonder how well it will work, but I'm definately interested to see how it all works out before I pass any judgement.
Kelcey
Definitely will work well with starfox and metroid. I dunno about mario though. Yes, I understand there are a whole buncha neat motions you can use to control mario, but some people (like me) probably won't want to all the time. I hope they can prove me wrong.
izimngcubes15
I can not wait to get it, it's so original! I would love to sit there and swing my controller as I play Zelda or a fighting game!
bkatz
At first when i saw it i thought: oh great job nintendo..you just screwed up..you always try to be the most origional and it never works! Then i realized games would be AWESOME like zelda..you would swing the controller like a sword! Plus i learned that for people that dont like that controller there will be a wavebirdish type controller! Laughing
snowboardalliance
I can see two sides of this

1. It's awesome because of the sensors, you can move the controller around, etc.

2. It will screw the revolution out of many third party titles, because the developers will make games for xbox360 or ps3 and not make a good version to take advantage of the revolution's features.

Another thing I don't like is the REASON they made it like a remote control, basically so older people will start playing video games. I would rather have a more standard controller that ALSO has the same sensors, who cares if my grandparents never play it? I don't know, that just kind of pissed me off. I'll wait to see what games do with it before I decide though.
Boles Roor
I cannot do anything else but drool at the sight of this controller. I'm really anctious about the release of the Revolution, and this really got me going even more. I'm literally bouncing off this chair here.

*bounce bounce*

*bounces some more*
Nameless
My initial thought was: What. The. Hell. is nintendo trying to do. I think the controller (or remote controller, as it looks like) is definetly a bad thing. I admit it would make games like Zelda SO MUCH more fun (if that were possible!) but the lack of extra buttons means that the games will probably be lacking in other controls. I honestly think Nintendo is making a mistake here...
Monkeydog
Nameless wrote:
My initial thought was: What. The. Hell. is nintendo trying to do. I think the controller (or remote controller, as it looks like) is definetly a bad thing. I admit it would make games like Zelda SO MUCH more fun (if that were possible!) but the lack of extra buttons means that the games will probably be lacking in other controls. I honestly think Nintendo is making a mistake here...

It has 4 buttons.Plus the add on thingy.Actually 10 if you count the D-Pad and the other two a and b buttons...
Yuyiroquai
When i saw the images, i can believe it... It's a TV controller !!! I Like so much Nintendo games, specially Zelda Games (I'm biting my nails waiting for the new game Laughing ) but this new controller "seems" difficult to manage. When i use this controller, maybe i will change my opinion.

I think that Nintendo will sell a tipical controller too
Yantaal
I love it, i simply love it. My firneds hate, because they are Sony rent boys. Nintendo have set the standard and i wonder how long it wil be untill Sony copy it, perhaps whip out a controller roughly the same, but with a stupid elongated handle. Who knows.

Someone sad something about another handle incase you dont like the new one. Care to explain further? Maybe?

Pleas?e
madsencarl
What the hell? If I point it at my TV will it change channels?
Pennan
And don't forget that you can use the original Gamecube controller too. You won't be playing ALL rev-games with the motion controller ; P
d-hunter
I think the Revolution controller is an original bunch of crappiolla. But it might be good for games like Zelda. I think it would really suck with some games.
nakamaru
I think Sean Baby said it the best on G4 tv..."It looks like a robot vomitted and nintendo decided to use it as a controller." This controller looks like the stupidest thing ever and I think the revolution will be a bomb like the gamecube but still will be bought by a select minority of 8 year olds and morons like the gamecube was.
Hanpusu-kun
It can be a total success....
Or it can turn into a total failure.

Let time see.

But for myself... the Revolution is a thing that is gonna stand in my home, the day its released in Sweden!
BugBear
here's a Video i found that demonstrates what it can do Shocked
after i saw it i definetly wanna get it :O

By the way it's 16mb so might take some time to download (also you need quicktime[url=ajdskfasjgias gaisngoadsfg afdsgoifjg a odf gjoeirnaer oge rgoqeirng erog neri eoringqoei goeirng oargo dfijg oeiner ghoaifg adofigho eri goahrfgo iadfhgoidahfg oire hnfodijagdofmgiero g oeih rgoii hdfgoisahdfoi gaioerg hoeringo idafnogaihdf ogdfihg orieoieng oaifhgo hroeaihgr esdjfklasd fjaksd fjiasglr iglisfdhglaisdf glarihg alihfsdgiaslf gjilrjalsdfhgla igfhlai dfg hlire ghliasdfngl aifgh alri hgtlafighliamfsdgliafg lahidsfgl ring lasifglasdfigh alsdihfg laisdfgnlirnglaif glaisfdhglirhg laiaksdfjglaskdjg askgj alfk gjiadf glrij jglaidfj glidfa gjladifj glaidfj glaidfjg lri jgidfalgiji ladfijg adfilgjdfligjladifjg dfliajg flidjg fdgijsngleri ge].[/url] )

http://videogames.3yen.com/wp-content/images/nintendo-revolution-teaser.mov

and you don't have to register to watch it Very Happy
Monkeydog
Quote:
by a select minority of 8 year olds and morons like the gamecube was.

So morons are people who want new and inovative gameplay huh?
Not just the same Madden or FPS?(sure, the PS2 had a few good new things, like Katamari Damacy)
You sir, are a moron.
lockwolf
Babble and Drool, Think of what gaming is going to be like. It adds new meaning to the words "Remote Control"

BugBear wrote:
here's a Video i found that demonstrates what it can do Shocked
after i saw it i definetly wanna get it :O

By the way it's 16mb so might take some time to download (also you need quicktime)

http://videogames.3yen.com/wp-content/images/nintendo-revolution-teaser.mov

and you don't have to register to watch it Very Happy

That video was sweet but some in game shots would have been nice.
SilverDogg
nakamaru, im guessing you havent seen the ps3 dild... i mean controller yet. you should go check it out before saying anything Wink.

the problem with morons is that they keep "forgetting" that this isnt just a new controller. its a new controller with the abilities to be used as a regular controller. sure there are games that wont be easy to control with this, and thats why they made the shell for it. of course, if you are stupid (no names mentioned) you keep "forgetting" this, or maybe even just dont care about it. nevertheless, this controller can do everything the others can do, plus more. all the games we can see on ps3/xo we can see on rev. the games we can see on rev cannot always be seen on ps3/xo.

anyway, yesterday we got the news that rev could run u3-engine, and woah! we are gonna see some smashing fps on rev =D
Wanderer
its new its different. we shall see if it sucks once the revolution is released. the revolution can use old controllers too not justt the stick thing. the revolution is suppose to be able to emulate the other nintendo systems.

the controller seems interesting. i'm excited to see how it will be used in games like mario party.
Kelcey
I'd like to see online play with the old nintend games with the controller... now that'd be intense.
Wayne1986
If this idea works then it is a great idea. But i think its going to flop. Flop bigtime. I dont fancy waving my controller about i might hit someone. I just cant see this working.
cire
wow i cant wait to get that!!!! Very Happy
Wayne1986
it will just flop like all the other nintendos these days. Gizmondo could proberly release a console better than this. And they aint ever made a console before.
Kelcey
Wayne1986 wrote:
it will just flop like all the other nintendos these days. Gizmondo could proberly release a console better than this. And they aint ever made a console before.

Yeah, the N64 and Cube weren't that successful. I personally liked the N64 much more than the Cube. I think Nintendo might be back on track though. It'll clearly depend on third party support as we know Nintendo CAN make good games.
Lainehart
Personally, I think this controller will be a hit - sure there are going to be a lot of people who hate it, but they can use the GC controller add-on (which I expect will still be necessary for a lot of games that can't make good use of the "remote").
One good thing about this controller is that it could usher in those players who see Nintendo as "kiddy" because with the analog add-on, it's absolutely perfect for FPS.
The only two problems I see so far are low support from third-party developers and... well, arm fatigue! Razz

People complain that there isn't enough innovation these days, well Nintendo just threw a tonne of it into your faces so get into it!
dcshoes23
snowboardalliance wrote:
I can see two sides of this
2. It will screw the revolution out of many third party titles, because the developers will make games for xbox360 or ps3 and not make a good version to take advantage of the revolution's features.

Just because the revolution's controller has extra features you wont find on any other system doesn't mean that the developers have to use them. I am pretty sure with the revolution's controller (or the other one's you can use with it) will be more than able to play any game you can play on xbox 2 or ps3.

Anyways I think the controller is a good idea and a bad one. It's good for games like Zelda to a point, I think kids would probably get lazy or tired of having to move the controller around a lot. I mean like you would need a lot of stamina to play a game like that if you play it as much as people do now. Also I think that it's not really all that good is that I don't believe many games will really take advantage of it's features.

Thanks
jarcelao
The nintendo revolutions controller is one heck of a device! It is so damn cool! Definitely, the most innovative controller of the next generation console. FPS games will never be played the same old fashioned way once revolution comes out. Imagine not only your button mashing ability would help you through the game but also your reflexes! Phew! Can't wait for Nintendo's next generation console (Revolution) to be released. Very Happy Cool
SilverDogg
you dont have to use a gamecubecontroller for certain games, THERE WILL BE A SHELL!!! comeon peeps, read instead of just making up stuff.

this controller is great because it is new and old. and you dont have to move it around like crazy. people that have tried it says that it is very easy and they just had it on their knees while playing.
linkman2004
The conroller is totally awesome! My mind just goes crazy at all the possibilities of it. In fact I made an article on an idea I had for a revolution game around the new controller on my blog revo-news.blogspot.com. Just scroll down a bit and you'll find it. One game I'm curious to see how it uses the controller is smash bros since the controller doesn't seem it would work very well for a fighting game like that. Confused Ilthough I have come up with a few ideas on how it would work.
nachjo chip
i got really exited after the first "wtf nintendo" when i saw the controller. I just cant wait to try FPS with it...
Also i think you can hold the controller sideways and use it as a normal gamepad almost like the old NES controller only with more buttons.
PublicKiosk
the new controller might drive a few people insane by the pictures. But i'm sure when one gets their hands on it and uses it, it will become as natural as using any other controller. Otherwise Nintendo wouldn't have created it. Knowing Nintendo's reputation, they created it for little kids who don't even have coordination. Think about how people ridiculed the N64 controller. It looked odd. But when people got their hands on it... Voila. It was adored. Except for the D-pad buttons one could never get! Mad
Jayfarer
I am only saddened that this is going to be really hard to play fighting games with it. Not that there aren't many fighting games on the GCN anyway, but it completely rules out the possibility. Plus, SSB is going to be very different, almost a different game. All I wanted was the GCN SSB, but online.
NewGuyinTown
Saw one of the videos for it. The controller looks cool for some kind of sword game. I dont see how you can play RPGs, strategy, or any Mario games. After Super Nintendo, there wasn't any RPGs on Nintendo I like anymore. Seems like they all have gone to PlayStation. Sad
benwhite
Also, there's no telling the extent of peripheral add-ons. Rest assured, the controller will be capable of emulating the n64 and such to enable playing older games. I don't have any doubts the most obvious questions are already answered.
adiutrix
WOW, that controller is just awesome. Very Happy
Rory
XeRo
N revolution will kick other consoles asses, is a real revolutionary game station.
Team Hedgehog
The controller is about 10 times better than the Xbox 360 Smile . It will also be fun to play SNES and NES games on it.
harvestking
Personaly I am not really looking forward to this controller. I think it is straying to far away from standard controlles. It will be less familiar to old gamers and new gamers might be put off by the look.

But you can't judge a book by it's cover so I am just gonna see if its good or not when the revoluting comes out.
alkady
SilverDogg wrote:
you dont have to use a gamecubecontroller for certain games, THERE WILL BE A SHELL!!! comeon peeps, read instead of just making up stuff.

this controller is great because it is new and old. and you dont have to move it around like crazy. people that have tried it says that it is very easy and they just had it on their knees while playing.

That controller is also weird at the same time.
Monkeydog
Jayfarer wrote:
I am only saddened that this is going to be really hard to play fighting games with it. Not that there aren't many fighting games on the GCN anyway, but it completely rules out the possibility. Plus, SSB is going to be very different, almost a different game. All I wanted was the GCN SSB, but online.

You never really know until it's released, right?(at least that's what I'm hoping. <.<)

Quote:
After Super Nintendo, there wasn't any RPGs on Nintendo I like anymore. Seems like they all have gone to PlayStation.

Are you meaning console wise or Nintendo in general? Since I know the GBA is the sanctuary of the old school SNES style RPGs...although I would agree console wise the GCN/N64 was lacking in RPGs. Mainly just Paper Mario and Tales of Symphonia(and if it counts Skies of Arcadia <3 )

oh and...if you haven't heard(don't feel like making a whole new topic about this) The Revolutions Virtual Console thingy will have Sega Genesis and TurboGrafx-16 games on it <3