FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you dont want to wait for the DNS

dragonflame
but I wanted to thank frihost for my new account. The level of control I get is AWESOME!

Not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but one tip for those who cant wait for the dns propagation, go to your

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

and add

GIVENIP YOURDOMAIN.frihost.net

then save.

http://YOURDOMAIN.frihost.net should work now.

I hope I'm not stepping out of place by recommending this. Please delete if I did.

People can NOT do anything and wait for the less than 48 hour propagation as well.
dan751
Frihost is a truely awesome web hoster, I too like and appreciate the level of control they provide me for my account.Smile

I don't understand what to do once I'm the ect directory of drivers.. can you be more specific?

Admin/mod, please move this thread to another location as this is not an account change, perhaps to the computer software and hardware section.
noliver
What he is trying to say is that you can modify your local HOSTS file.
-Which basically means that instead of going to an online DNS server - your computer will go through your local HOSTS file.

Cant see why this should be deemed illegal - but just be carefull and use the same format as the existing hosts file. OR - make a backup first if you are unsure.

Have a Nice Day !