FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Companies that are still doing well!

deanhills
Heard of three companies that seem to be doing very well. KFC, which is definitely not surprising to me. They are so popular here in the Middle East. Anyway, KFC is going to expand in the UK and Ireland, so an added good news, in addition to their good results is that soon there will be a few jobs extra in Ireland and the UK. Leggo, famous for toys, showed good results, as well as a coal export company in Alaska. Interesting to see which companies were doing well. Food, toys and energy resources.
LukeakaDanish
One thing that I find worrying, is that even many of the companies who ended 2008 well, are sacking large parts of their work force.

Common people, that's no way to turn the crisis around!
deanhills
LukeakaDanish wrote:
One thing that I find worrying, is that even many of the companies who ended 2008 well, are sacking large parts of their work force.

Common people, that's no way to turn the crisis around!

I am sometimes wondering whether companies are using the opportunity to get rid of people during times like these. Some of it may not have been allowed during good times, but now there seems to be a valid excuse? Would have been good if Obama could have thought about some tax incentives for companies who retain staff who could potentially be made redundant.
joomla
in the Netherlands the supermarkets are still booking profits.
this is probably because people don't go and eat outdoors as often anymore and want to prepare a good meal for in the home.
Triple_7
Mainly the companies that provide life's necessities are going to be doing well.

The biggest thing here, there is a few small factories here that hire frequently...but your only guaranteed work for 60-90 days depending on their probation period...then they boot you out the door before you can qualify for the benefits such as insurance...plus you can't draw un-employment because you didn't work there long enough...they don't care how great a worker you are, they make some lame excuse and your out that door faster then you can blink. Crying or Very sad