FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Trouble connection.

misterXY
Since l switched too Rogers internet service, every 5th or 6th post l make, l'm getting cannot connect ?
Wifi signal is excellent, my uTorrent is on a different port, FireFox is on another, no IM or any other internet hogs on except MS.

Anyone getting this? l leave the FriHost for 30ish seconds, and come back and works? Is there a new anti-spam technique in? Actually, had this issue with Aliant internet service as well so l'm lost.
Bondings
misterXY wrote:
Since l switched too Rogers internet service, every 5th or 6th post l make, l'm getting cannot connect ?
Wifi signal is excellent, my uTorrent is on a different port, FireFox is on another, no IM or any other internet hogs on except MS.

Anyone getting this? l leave the FriHost for 30ish seconds, and come back and works? Is there a new anti-spam technique in? Actually, had this issue with Aliant internet service as well so l'm lost.

Could it be that you are getting a new ip every now and then? Otherwise it could be due to server problems too.
misterXY
Bondings wrote:
misterXY wrote:

Could it be that you are getting a new ip every now and then? Otherwise it could be due to server problems too.

l am running dynamic IP. l left FireFox alone with connections too auto-detect, since l'm also using wireless, but it has a 500 yard radius (came with Rogers), and been getting 4/5 signals at spots where l used too get maybe 2 bars if lucky. Not exactly sure. Maybe it's that new vista virus, but l have been able too get updates.
Bondings
misterXY wrote:
Bondings wrote:
misterXY wrote:

l am running dynamic IP. l left FireFox alone with connections too auto-detect, since l'm also using wireless, but it has a 500 yard radius (came with Rogers), and been getting 4/5 signals at spots where l used too get maybe 2 bars if lucky. Not exactly sure. Maybe it's that new vista virus, but l have been able too get updates.

Maybe because you switch between ip addresses? It could be that in that case you get logged out.
misterXY
Bondings wrote:
misterXY wrote:
Bondings wrote:
misterXY wrote:

Maybe because you switch between ip addresses? It could be that in that case you get logged out.

l don't get logged out, l haven't been getting the issue since writing the report, odd.
deanhills
misterXY wrote:
Bondings wrote:
misterXY wrote:
Bondings wrote:
misterXY wrote:

l don't get logged out, l haven't been getting the issue since writing the report, odd.

I think the real problem is with Frihost Database. I have had problems like the ones you described over a long time. My postings have been from a great variety of different computers in different countries, different servers with the exact same problems. Frihost was doing OK for a few days from last week to yesterday, and then tonight the old problems started up again. I get "logged out", have been "logged out" probably four times already tonight in less than 30 minutes. When I submit a posting the posting times out, and frequently the posting gets published, but I miss out on the posting being added to my count of postings, as well as do not get points for it. That has just happened to me again tonight.

I am now in the habit of copying my posting before I click on the Submit button. To prepare for being "logged out" when I click on the Submit button, or timing out.

I have noticed when it is bad like tonight, that the database goes slower, almost like hicking up. Then even when I try and log in again, still times out. Then after a few minutes it is fast again, the starts up again, like in waves.
Bondings
It could of course be due to the server again.

What I think the problem is, is that for some reason the server is suddenly needing a lot of RAM, more than the 2GB of RAM and is then starting to swap (taking disk space as RAM). This is causing mysql to be slow and eventually crashing. And I guess then this causes the system to run normally again. Of course this is what I think that happens most of the time.
misterXY
Well just want to say l've been good, then again l've also started a new job since but l log in once in awhile for about an hour at random times and no issues, upgraded the server or fixed a mysql? If so thanks!