FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Online Job Auction

deanhills
With shortage of jobs there seems to be new ideas coming for auctioning jobs online. Fox News had one of those in a discussion last night. I could not find the link for the Online Job Auction Website that Fox News interviewed, perhaps someone knows where we can find it, but discovered an equivalent from Australia at the URL below, which works exactly the same:

http://jobauction.com.au/

Quote:

How Does It Work?

Employers list an auction (much like classifieds) to advertise a job for an employee, contractor or freelancer. Totally Free!
Employees bid for the job
Employers choose a employee, contractor or freelancer from the list at their own discression. No High or Low bid wins!
Communication is established between employee and employer and job is done.
Employee, contractor or freelancer gets paid.
Employer and Employee leave feedback and reputation is established for your next job!
hangnhu
It sounds like a good idea, how it works in practice is another matter
but someone should definately try this
is there a website for employer and employee? most of the jobsearch website are rubbish
maybe one day there will be an ultermate site for this

and job swap, there should be this too, people swap everything already, why not job swap Very Happy
Georgeboy
I can't believe that this will work for all jobs. I see in special opportunities for creative jobs, but I can't believe that jobs in law or engineering will be "outsourced" like this. I would like to see and know someone before I let him/her do something crucial for my company. It is to easy to claim that you are doing some good work on the internet. Maybe you could ask some friends to advise you or you could create some other accounts to give feedback on your own work...
Another problem seems to me the time that will be spent. If you have your own people, you could easily ask someone to complete a task and you will be sure that it will be fine. If you have to look for someone, you better can do it on your own...
I first want to see some results before I would try this.