FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

hello all

honestdom
hi everyone,
I guess this is where the 3d guys hang out? thought i would introduce myself properly here.
my name is dom, i'm scottish and I've been using maya for about a year now, here is some of my stuff. Very Happy

this is my current WIP

prithvi
Hi Dom, welcome.

Nice work you have there.

btw, is that something on Escape Studios? (the first image)
honestdom
yup, escape studios Smile
r4inm4ker
welcome here Very Happy
I think yes, this would be the place where 2D/3D hobbyists floating around.

Nice stuff there!

First image : The sofa looks very realistic, and nice lighting too. Did you learn any 3D software prior to Maya?
Second image: Nice use of fur and textures/bump there. The reflection on eyes is very nice too. Lighting needs more work though, but I guess it's not the finished piece.
Third image : Did you sculpt the head using Zsphere or import the base mesh from Maya? The ears seems pretty weird too me, either they're too big or placed incorrectly I'm not sure. But maybe it's just perspective issue, since Zbrush has unusual perspective view compared to other 3D packages.
Whong
Hello and welcome!

Nice work man! Hope to see more of those great 3D models of yours'! I too love 3D modeling and use Cinema 4D! Do you have any models on sale eg. at Turbo Squid or Exchange3D?

Cheers and see you! Wink
honestdom
Cheers rainmaker, the sofa is a photo so you would hope it looks real! Btw do you work for rainmaker? ...cos I do too! Well, what rainmaker are now I guess.

Thanks Whong, no models on sale yet!
r4inm4ker
honestdom wrote:
Cheers rainmaker, the sofa is a photo so you would hope it looks real! Btw do you work for rainmaker? ...cos I do too! Well, what rainmaker are now I guess.

Thanks Whong, no models on sale yet!

lol, luckily I didn't comment that something looks fake :p.
nope, i'm not from Rainmaker Entertainment, it's purely a coincidence that I'm interested in 3D CG and Rainmaker is one of the famous production houses, lol. What's your main job there? A texturer I suppose?
michaeljscott93
HI

Cool stuff!
steve1200
very nice work Smile
imera
Not bad stuff you have so far Very Happy love the face, reminds me about a mask I once saw
igorflysta
not bad, but not commercial.