FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Alfie Patten,13 year old dad.





sana618
Yesterday while i was talking to my cousin, she happened to mention about this boy she had read who had fathered a child at the age of 13,and his girlfriend is 15.

Gosh!!! what are their parents doing sleeping..... allowing such young kids to have sex!! and having kids.


http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece
Xanatos
wow..... The kid really does look 8 and not 13. Either way he is still just a kid... raising a kid. It's kind of sad in a way. Also taxpayers will be paying for that child since it appears that neither parents have much money. They really should have given that child up for adoption.
Parkour_Jarrod
Thats way too young and he looks nothing like a 13 year old, but now they have the media scrutinizing. it would have been better if the media just butted out for once in there life and left them to battle on and not have everyone on the blasted planet knowing and putting pressure on their shoulders
desonium
That is really too young to get a child. How can you raise up such a child, because I don't think they have enough life experience to raise up a child.
sondosia
I heard about that. It's just disgusting. Apparently the parents of the girl said that it's a wonderful thing to have a baby and so on. Either they and the boy's parents are very new-agey, or just stupid. That girl will be suffering the consequences of having had a baby at such a young age for a long time.
deanhills
I also thought he looked much younger than 13. Totally incapable of fathering a child. The 15-year old girl looked much more mature. Wow! What a way for them to start their lives!
bigsarg7
I can't remember what I was doing when I was 13, but I sure wasn't sleeping around! That is insane
deanhills
bigsarg7 wrote:
I can't remember what I was doing when I was 13, but I sure wasn't sleeping around! That is insane


Yes, thinking back to when I was 13, wow, it is insane. And if one looks at him, he looks more like 10 years old.
Hogwarts
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
it would have been better if the media just butted out for once in there life and left them to battle on and not have everyone on the blasted planet knowing and putting pressure on their shoulders


Potentially, the guy could make a fortune from the media and be capable of sustaining a child (at possibly a high level of living standard) from the money generated; which could mean that the media are helping him (in some form of twisted way)
deanhills
Hogwarts wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
it would have been better if the media just butted out for once in there life and left them to battle on and not have everyone on the blasted planet knowing and putting pressure on their shoulders


Potentially, the guy could make a fortune from the media and be capable of sustaining a child (at possibly a high level of living standard) from the money generated; which could mean that the media are helping him (in some form of twisted way)


Do you think this could have been the plan from the start? Is he really the father?
ThePolemistis
sana618 wrote:
Yesterday while i was talking to my cousin, she happened to mention about this boy she had read who had fathered a child at the age of 13,and his girlfriend is 15.

Gosh!!! what are their parents doing sleeping..... allowing such young kids to have sex!! and having kids.


http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece


I think everyone is different. If they are sexually mature and physically sane and it is by mutual consent, , then I do not see any harm in this. The sexual maturity level varies among different people
vineeth
Yes, sexual maturity is a matter of debate even now.

But when we think from the social point of view, such pregnancies will cause a lot of problem and the society is not yet equipped to adjust with these. Anyway, I have decided to follow up the news... What's the opinion of Govt. officials? Any news?
liljp617
ThePolemistis wrote:
sana618 wrote:
Yesterday while i was talking to my cousin, she happened to mention about this boy she had read who had fathered a child at the age of 13,and his girlfriend is 15.

Gosh!!! what are their parents doing sleeping..... allowing such young kids to have sex!! and having kids.


http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece


I think everyone is different. If they are sexually mature and physically sane and it is by mutual consent, , then I do not see any harm in this. The sexual maturity level varies among different people


The boy was asked "What are you going to do financially?" and he replied "What's financially?"

Sexual maturity is irrelevant. There is no "mutual consent" in this. They're almost completely ignorant of the world and don't have a clue how anything works. They are more concerned with cartoons than getting themselves food for supper. You cannot honestly be promoting the idea that it's okay for children to procreate just because their sperm and egg works...this is 2009, not 400AD.

I hope that's not what your proposing. If I misunderstood you, I apologize (and I probably did, because what I interpreted was sheer craziness).
c'tair
liljp is right. Who cares if they were 5 year olds but they were mature? And I mean really mature, you walk up to this Alfie on the street and start talking about engineering, Kant or Game Theory... But the thing is he has to sustain a child. It's not OK for the whole society to pitch in because some dumb young dude wanted to have sex and now thinks it's ok because the government and family will help them.

Goodbye education.

We'll see if they remain together more than a couple of months. The kid sounds like he knows sh*t about life - about relationships, economics (can he do the math of shopping? how about bills?) and everything else. This is just the media making him look like... a damn victim. Of what?

Whoo-hoo I say, dumb the kids down even more, you're not doing it enough. God, I'm only 19, a kid at heart, but I somehow know how to keep out of trouble. Maybe it's because I understand the magical law of cause and effect?

edit: oh, and the girl is damn ugly. Like ugly with double cheese on it.
atul2242
They will learn fast.
Having a child is no joke.
Raising one is even more difficult.

just a Q - is this not against the law???
liljp617
atul2242 wrote:
They will learn fast.
Having a child is no joke.
Raising one is even more difficult.

just a Q - is this not against the law???


Against the law of what? They're two individuals who freely (and ignorantly) chose their course. No one forced them. How could it be against any law?
Xanatos
liljp617 wrote:
Against the law of what? They're two individuals who freely (and ignorantly) chose their course. No one forced them. How could it be against any law?


Because in some countries, like the U.S, if you are under a certain age the law states that you are not "mature" enough to make that decision. I'm not sure how it is in Britain though.
Bikerman
Xanatos wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
Against the law of what? They're two individuals who freely (and ignorantly) chose their course. No one forced them. How could it be against any law?


Because in some countries, like the U.S, if you are under a certain age the law states that you are not "mature" enough to make that decision. I'm not sure how it is in Britain though.

It is a grey area. Technically the boy (and the girl) are guilty of a criminal offence, but in these cases the law is rarely enforced. There is a useful article on this area on the BBC website
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1999/02/99/e-cyclopedia/437789.stm

As far as parenting - again this is a grey area. Social Services have a duty to ensure that the child is being raised in a 'suitable' environment. Technically they could apply for a court-order and have the baby removed to a 'place of safety'. This is normally only done in cases where there is clear and present danger to the child so I presume a risk-assessment has already been carried out...
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
Against the law of what? They're two individuals who freely (and ignorantly) chose their course. No one forced them. How could it be against any law?


Because in some countries, like the U.S, if you are under a certain age the law states that you are not "mature" enough to make that decision. I'm not sure how it is in Britain though.

It is a grey area. Technically the boy (and the girl) are guilty of a criminal offence, but in these cases the law is rarely enforced. There is a useful article on this area on the BBC website
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1999/02/99/e-cyclopedia/437789.stm

As far as parenting - again this is a grey area. Social Services have a duty to ensure that the child is being raised in a 'suitable' environment. Technically they could apply for a court-order and have the baby removed to a 'place of safety'. This is normally only done in cases where there is clear and present danger to the child so I presume a risk-assessment has already been carried out...


I'm not an expert in this, but would imagine that some of the parents would probably go as far as adopt their grand children if necessary. Seems to be almost a commons sense thing to do if they thought that their children should continue with having the baby and their children are still in their care. If they are the legal guardians of the baby, probably that would sort out legalities surrounding the lawfulness of having the baby? The legalities would probably be resolved along the way of their being appointed as guardians?
ThePolemistis
liljp617 wrote:
ThePolemistis wrote:
sana618 wrote:
Yesterday while i was talking to my cousin, she happened to mention about this boy she had read who had fathered a child at the age of 13,and his girlfriend is 15.

Gosh!!! what are their parents doing sleeping..... allowing such young kids to have sex!! and having kids.


http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece


I think everyone is different. If they are sexually mature and physically sane and it is by mutual consent, , then I do not see any harm in this. The sexual maturity level varies among different people


The boy was asked "What are you going to do financially?" and he replied "What's financially?"

Sexual maturity is irrelevant. There is no "mutual consent" in this. They're almost completely ignorant of the world and don't have a clue how anything works. They are more concerned with cartoons than getting themselves food for supper. You cannot honestly be promoting the idea that it's okay for children to procreate just because their sperm and egg works...this is 2009, not 400AD.

I hope that's not what your proposing. If I misunderstood you, I apologize (and I probably did, because what I interpreted was sheer craziness).


Okay the financial aspect, intelligence of the parents and how the world governs is a seperate case.
From a sexual perspective only, I see no harm if both are sexually mature and it is by mutual consent.
xalophus
Quote:
I think everyone is different. If they are sexually mature and physically sane and it is by mutual consent, , then I do not see any harm in this. The sexual maturity level varies among different people

I would agree if having unsafe physical relationships didn't make babies, or if babies were born all grownup and ready to fend for themselves.
If it worked like that, there would be no harm in 13 year olds having babies.
Unfortunately, that's not how it works, and therein lies the "harm".

There is a difference between having fun and having babies.
The latter brings responsibilities with it.

If apart from being sexually mature, they (even one of them) were mentally mature, they would have been more responsible in their decisions.
Which is what everyone here is trying to say.

ThePolemistis wrote:
From a sexual perspective only, I see no harm if both are sexually mature and it is by mutual consent.

From that perspective only, there should be no harm in underage pr0n either ?
If the kids (that's what they are) were sexually mature and if it were with their consent (which can probably be obtained for a few chocolates), ofcourse.
Dark_Jedi06
The parents are too busy selling their story and images of the baby to the British tabloids to worry about parenting this dopey 13 year old...in interviews with the media they were jovial and seemingly proud of their son because this got them their 15 minutes of fame.

And so society gets a little closer to the edge...it's a hell of a tall cliff we're standing on.
liljp617
ThePolemistis wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
ThePolemistis wrote:
sana618 wrote:
Yesterday while i was talking to my cousin, she happened to mention about this boy she had read who had fathered a child at the age of 13,and his girlfriend is 15.

Gosh!!! what are their parents doing sleeping..... allowing such young kids to have sex!! and having kids.


http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece


I think everyone is different. If they are sexually mature and physically sane and it is by mutual consent, , then I do not see any harm in this. The sexual maturity level varies among different people


The boy was asked "What are you going to do financially?" and he replied "What's financially?"

Sexual maturity is irrelevant. There is no "mutual consent" in this. They're almost completely ignorant of the world and don't have a clue how anything works. They are more concerned with cartoons than getting themselves food for supper. You cannot honestly be promoting the idea that it's okay for children to procreate just because their sperm and egg works...this is 2009, not 400AD.

I hope that's not what your proposing. If I misunderstood you, I apologize (and I probably did, because what I interpreted was sheer craziness).


Okay the financial aspect, intelligence of the parents and how the world governs is a seperate case.
From a sexual perspective only, I see no harm if both are sexually mature and it is by mutual consent.


I disagree. The financial aspect, intelligence/overall maturity/experience of the parents, how the world works, and the sexual perspective are ALL completely interrelated. When it comes to sex and the possibility of getting a child from that action, you cannot just focus on a single variable in the whole equation. They're much too interrelated to do so.

Dark_Jedi06 wrote:
The parents are too busy selling their story and images of the baby to the British tabloids to worry about parenting this dopey 13 year old...in interviews with the media they were jovial and seemingly proud of their son because this got them their 15 minutes of fame.

And so society gets a little closer to the edge...it's a hell of a tall cliff we're standing on.


Society is no closer to the edge than it ever has been. These are not "bad times" compared to, I would argue, the majority of human history.
deanhills
One thing for sure. It is sending a wrong message to society. I also remember the excited parents of the boy, as though he has been responsible for something out of this world. I still wonder how true it is as well, as he looks like a baby. But the message is not a good one. Imagine young teenagers and the example that sets, or parents of those teenagers thinking this may be a way of making extra money.
liljp617
There's absolutely no doubt it sets bad examples and generally brings current society down. I just dislike when people exaggerate things to the point where they say current society is equal and/or worse than times when people got the guillotine because their neighbor said they stole a piece of bread.
Cddhesh
I too read this news in small column of News Paper, found it amazing and strange. Getting such a degree(Dad) at such small age was really striking news. Moreover the reporters asked some questions to the boy, like how he will go about ahead with the baby, the boy was totally innocent to answer this.
To speak out ,this is really bad example kept against modern society,Some may feel that whats wrong in this, but still the economic situation matters. Having baby at this age can cause deficiencies in baby too.
Lets see how he goes about with his new designation"Dad" .
nigam
wow...he is too young to have sex....i was shocked at this news....the boy looked 8 years old and not 12 years old...i believe that parents were to be blamed...at their early stage of adolescence, parents should always be there to guide them....
deanhills
nigam wrote:
wow...he is too young to have sex....i was shocked at this news....the boy looked 8 years old and not 12 years old...i believe that parents were to be blamed...at their early stage of adolescence, parents should always be there to guide them....


I still wonder whether the boy is really the father. How do we know for sure? Wink
Afaceinthematrix
Wow... That is disgusting. I have so many opinions on this weird and unfortunate issue that I do not know where to start...

Well I guess I can start from the obvious. This is a child raising a child. What will probably happen is grandpa and grandma will raise the child. Just read what the child is saying.

Quote:
When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble.
I didn’t think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10.
We didn’t think we would need help from our parents.


Wow... What can I say? He obviously has no idea what he is getting himself in to. He's obviously far from ready to be a parent... Hell, I'm way older than him and I am no where ready to have a child...

Besides his extreme immaturity and irresponsibility, I almost want to blame the parents of both children. What were they doing? How can they not know their children are sex?

But then I stop myself... I almost feel bad for the parents and understand... While they obviously could have done some better parenting, were they even worried about their kids having sex? If he fathered a child at 13, he probably nailed the chick at 12 (actually, I think the article mentioned that he did have sex at 12). So honestly... think back to when you were 12? Did you think about sex? When I was 12, I was more worried about the World Wrestling Federation and whatever rock bands I listened to back then... I probably wouldn't think about making sure my 12 year old isn't have sex because it wouldn't even enter my mind for a few more years... It's natural for a parent to worry about their 16-year-old having sex because that's a common age for a teenager to lose their virginity (which is probably a year or two too young in my opinion). But 12? Did that possibility ever even enter their heads?
Chinmoy
having sex is still fine by me...but having a baby!!!!!!!!!What the **ck!!!how do you expect someone on earth to manage a baby at 15 years of age???????
Fake
end of sotry, he is not the father
sana618
Fake wrote:
end of sotry, he is not the father




He is not!!! then who is??? will you please explain, what about all that in the news that came??? was it attention seeking, can you clarify all this?
Hogwarts
sana618 wrote:
Fake wrote:
end of sotry, he is not the father




He is not!!! then who is??? will you please explain, what about all that in the news that came??? was it attention seeking, can you clarify all this?


He wasn't the dad, read the previous page or google it Rolling Eyes

It was just sensationalist media. That's it.
Josso
I think if, at that age they are ready to be sexually active then fair play (despite the legality of this) - but having kids at that kind of age is stupidity when they have evidently hardly matured themselves.

The sun loves grabbing stories like this, I don't know what other papers it's been in but I would recommend reading it from somewhere else to get a more balanced report. It does sadly represent an odd uneducated sector of society in the UK, it's good to remember that the media always pick the worst examples though.

All in all... I feel annoyance towards the stupidity of these two but I think the most important thing is that the child gets proper care - I would imagine the grandparents of this baby will step in if they have any sense. Social services will have analyzed the situation already however.
OraShadow
....Oh my. Boo hoo!
Related topics
“Alien” Embryo Removed From 35-Year-Old Man’s Back....
11 year old girl taking heroin
Wow, 13 year old kid dies of heroin overdose
6-Year-Old Minn. Boy Brings Pot to School
60 Year Old Woman wins $2 million in matchmaker suit
Former Miss Universe to go on a date with a 17 year old...
Happy birthday for the one year old bill.
Any 14 year old (or younger) web designers out there?
13 years old girl wins 25.000$ by writing quick message
Are memorie of 1 year old humans less advanced than animals?
My one Year old son
25 year old BSD bug fixed :p
[Funny News] Nine year old girl mistakes love for fight
Nepal appoints 3-year-old as new living goddess
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.