FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Acronis True Image 10 for Free

frenz
I checked out the item on slickdeals.net and it is genuine. It's an offer from a UK PC magazine but it appears that it is open to users worldwide. I certainly had no problems getting a serial and downloading the product and I'm not in the UK.

Please use quote tags wrote:
Here's what you have to do:

1. Go to
Code:
http://www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
and register. You only have to give your name, email address and fill in the "Other magazines read" section. You can leave all the other fields blank. Don't forget to check the "I have read the privacy policy box."

2. After registering you will receive a confirmation email at the email address you gave in step 1. Clicking on the special web link will automatically confirm your registration and take you to a special web page on the Acronis site where will see your password. Print that page for reference purposes (or write down the password) and then click the login link at the bottom of the page that will take you to your account login page.

3. Once you have logged in to your account you can access the download file for True Image 10 Personal by clicking on Registered Products in the left sidebar. It's a 95MB file.

4. You will receive another email containing your personal serial number for True Image 10. That email also contains some ads for the latest 2009 version of True Image but ignore these.

5. Install TI 10 using the serial you were provided.

I had a lot of trouble accessing the Acronis UK website to confirm my registration and accessing my account. It appears that their website is being overloaded with requests at the moment. I kept getting "500" errors but with a lot of perseverance I was finally successful. If you are not the persevering type then you might want to give this offer a miss.

More on this here:
Code:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1165321

I could see no mention of a time limit on this offer but I suggest you play it safe and get a serial now even if you don't need it immediately. Being a PC magazine offer it will probably expire in a month.

But remember, you will need to be really patient to access the Acronis website as a lot of people are queuing up for this. If you can't get on then don't blame me; I'm just the messenger.

Thanks Adam for the suggestion.

Gizmo

TIP: If you didn't get an email that tells you your serial, then click again on the confirmation link in the email from Acronis you received in step 2 above. This will result in a resend of the email with your serial.

If you still don't get the email with your serial then check your spam mail folder.

TIP 2: Here's another option for those who still can't get a serial number even though they have tried the suggestions above. This tip was suggested by a site user in the comments below:

"It took a little time but I was able to Register. Got my confirmation link. But did not get the serial number. I went to Acronis set up an account with the same email I used to register. When I signed on to my account I went to Register Products. There was my serial number and the download link. Acronis 10 is up and running on my computer"

You can set up an account here:
Code:
https://www.acronis.co.uk/my/index.html

My only comment on this is that the Acronis site may not let some users create an account as their email address is already in use. If that happens to you then click the 'Forgot your password" link.
Bookmark/Search this post with:

* Delicious Delicious
* Digg Digg
* Technorati Technorati

#1Submitted by Anonymous on Tue, 02/10/2009 - 17:28.

Acronis reply to this free offer

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition

We would like to inform you that the promotion "Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition" is a free edition but only available to customers who purchased the magazine with the CD including the installation file. You can re-register and receive the serial number for Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition but this serial can only be used for the installation file included in the CD purchased via magazine."

Magazine = Personal Computer World

Source:
Code:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/acronis-true-image-10-for-free.htm
ThePolemistis
no longer works Sad

I mean when I click on registered products I get:

Acronis True Image 10.0 Personal (English)
Serials:

<<SERIAL NUMBER HERE>>>
Serials Quantity: 1Get All Serials
The installation package can only be obtained from a promo campaign partner.

^^ It says the download can only happen on the setup files that came with teh PC Pro magazines, and the emails confirm this by saying: "We'd like to remind you that the product installation package is not published on Acronis Web Site. It can only be obtained from a CD included in your copy of Personal Computer World magazine."
frenz
ThePolemistis wrote:
no longer works Sad

I mean when I click on registered products I get:

Acronis True Image 10.0 Personal (English)
Serials:

<<SERIAL NUMBER HERE>>>
Serials Quantity: 1Get All Serials
The installation package can only be obtained from a promo campaign partner.

^^ It says the download can only happen on the setup files that came with teh PC Pro magazines, and the emails confirm this by saying: "We'd like to remind you that the product installation package is not published on Acronis Web Site. It can only be obtained from a CD included in your copy of Personal Computer World magazine."

Download here:
Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/44847217/TrueImage10.0_p_en.exe.html

Code:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/414/Acronis_True_Image_10_Home_Trial_Version.html

md5:
20e903563fff92f1fb7097159340d8cf