FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Make ANY USB Stick Drive Bootable

frenz
Ever had the problem of having a computer without a floppy drive and needing to

boot into DOS?

This file will turn a USB Storage device into the equivalent of a bootable floppy,

with also the added extra of having the DOS interactive version of Norton Ghost

Instructions:

1.Please note that when extracting files from the zip to make sure you have the

"Use Folder Names" option Checked

2.Install SP27213.exe

3.Run the installed application

4.Select apporpraite device, file system and volume label

5.Check Create DOS Startup Disc and then click sub option of "Using Dos System

Files Located at"

6.Select the folder DOS System Files (These are for Win XP Only, for all other OS

you will need to download the files from somewhere)you just extracted from the zip

7.Click Start

8.Copy Folder GBDF over to USB Device To have Norton Ghost Installed

Warning: This Process will format your USB Device

Download:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tjybjidjjc9
brokenadvice
This should work well (I haven't tried it), but most computers that don't have a floppy should be new enough that the BIOS will be able to boot from a USB drive.
frenz
brokenadvice wrote:
This should work well (I haven't tried it), but most computers that don't have a floppy should be new enough that the BIOS will be able to boot from a USB drive.

yes bro your ryt Very Happy
misterXY
Been there, done it, careful though, U3 sticks aren't that friendly when it comes too that, l have two 4's and an 8' and l was going to use the 8 for Win7 64x, but was stolen recently Sad
They recommend using 8, instead of 4 when l was going too try this, not exactly sure, but l'd go with what they told me.
Even though XP is crap and old (yes, l like Vista, l get MS betas usually before they hit mainstream, have some friends from MS, removing UAC and whatever crap companies like HP insisted you have, which they do too XP as well). Tired of hearing Vista sucks, catch up to the time and upgrade.), you can use XP USB drives also, and Vista, Win2000 NT, pretty much anything linux/unix, XMBC works great on it.
HamsterMan
When I had to install windows xp (I see absolutely no reason to switch to vista) on my 901 I noticed that it was completely unable to boot on my 4gb memory stick no matter what. Had to buy a 1gb one to make it work.
pho3nixsky
Ima try this soon, except i have a u3 stick. Need to get rid of it on my usb always annoying.
misterXY
pho3nixsky wrote:
Ima try this soon, except i have a u3 stick. Need to get rid of it on my usb always annoying.

http://u3.com/support/default.aspx#CQ3 my ex had one on hers, she loved it but l thought of it as a pain in the ass, lucky l have a kingston TD 4gb Smile and another 4gb somewheres and a 8, all non-u3 compatible, which makes me happy lol