FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ubiquity : Command-Line

Ubiquity
l've tried it but didn't like it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tried it, still using it
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Thinking about trying it out
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

misterXY
l haven't seen any post related to Ubiquity, so here it goes,

Ubiquity is a command-line interface, within FireFox and SongBird (l'm sure there's more, just the only two things l've used). Want to translate just a selected part of text? Highlight, CTRL + Space, type trans, enter and vol la, done. Or make a link in TinyUrl but stay on the same page, such as an e-mail, highlight url, CTRL + Space, tinyurl, enter, done.

Now it's in beta, so if it never actually picks up or Mozilla employees get fired or something, then it'll always be in beta unless the community picks it up. But for now, l have only one trouble but that's with FaceBook, but l use Twitter and enjoy it much better along with updating my Twitter with Ubiquity.

They made a big update awhile back, so if you've used it before but had issues, try it again, and those who have never tried it, check this link out http://tinyurl.com/5lf7n7 (Mozilla Labs).
misterXY
Just noticed there was a topic somewheres about this but can't find it.
Bondings
misterXY wrote:
Just noticed there was a topic somewheres about this but can't find it.

Indeed, here it is: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-97289.html

I'm using Ubiquity myself and like it. I have to admit I don't actually use it much lately, while I did a lot more when I first installed it. I guess you need to have the habit of using it.

Anyway, normally this or something similar will be built into Firefox in one of the next versions, I think 3.2 - which is good news. Very Happy
Diablosblizz
Wow. I just learnt about it now, and I installed it and I love it! Thank's for share!
misterXY
Diablosblizz wrote:
Wow. I just learnt about it now, and I installed it and I love it! Thank's for share!

No prob, l'm more of a keyboard person whenever l get the chance, so command line for me, l kinda don't like it but do like it in SongBird though. l like iTunes space for pause, it's not on SongBird, unless someone can show me, hate pressing ctrl space then enter in pau, space button is just easier, along with left or right diagonal buttons for switching songs.