FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Ads in forum topic






The best way to remove the ad
Option on Account page (no frih$)
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Fixed amount of frih$ forever valid
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Time-based amount of frih$
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 19

Bondings
There used to be quite some ads on the forum topics. I then realized this wasn't a good idea and removed them all. I am thinking about putting a Google Ad on the first page of a topic. Nothing big or obtrusive, though.

I do however wish to offer the possibility to remove that ad, though and there are several possibilities:
1: Make it an option (link) to disable/enable it somewhere on the Account page.
2: The same, but for some frih$, maybe 50 or 100frih$ (or another amount).
3: The same, but make it time-based, like 5frih$ each week.

What do you think about it?
rvec
time-based, but also with the possibility to pay up front for 100 weeks Smile
truespeed
I would go with the frih option,as it gives the frih a purpose,as they have very little value or purpose at the moment,i would also go with the one off fixed payment option,as i think a time based option would become annoying after a while,having to be constantly switching them off.
TomS
rvec wrote:
time-based, but also with the possibility to pay up front for 100 weeks Smile


Nothing to add!
Bondings
With time-based there would definitely be a way to pay for more than a week. The difference would be that it depends on the time and is not a one-time sum forever.
Ghost Rider103
rvec wrote:
time-based, but also with the possibility to pay up front for 100 weeks Smile


I agree with this as well. This will add a little more value to the frih$, and keep the frih$ somewhat important.

With a fixed price forever, it's a one time deal, and then it was like nothing ever happened, and boom, they frih$ are almost useless once again.
Fire Boar
Same deal here. Can you make it a sort of "direct debit" type system, in which you can turn on or off payments to remove ads, and they happen automatically as long as you have the cash?
SpellcasterDX
As previously stated, it'd be good for them to be time-based but also with an option to "bill" you, so to speak, or to pay up front for many weeks in advanced.
coreymanshack
Bondings wrote:
There used to be quite some ads on the forum topics. I then realized this wasn't a good idea and removed them all. I am thinking about putting a Google Ad on the first page of a topic. Nothing big or obtrusive, though.

I do however wish to offer the possibility to remove that ad, though and there are several possibilities:
1: Make it an option (link) to disable/enable it somewhere on the Account page.
2: The same, but for some frih$, maybe 50 or 100frih$ (or another amount).
3: The same, but make it time-based, like 5frih$ each week.

What do you think about it?


Time based definatley!
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
There used to be quite some ads on the forum topics. I then realized this wasn't a good idea and removed them all. I am thinking about putting a Google Ad on the first page of a topic. Nothing big or obtrusive, though.

I do however wish to offer the possibility to remove that ad, though and there are several possibilities:
1: Make it an option (link) to disable/enable it somewhere on the Account page.
2: The same, but for some frih$, maybe 50 or 100frih$ (or another amount).
3: The same, but make it time-based, like 5frih$ each week.

What do you think about it?


I like the option to disable/enable on the Accounts page. And that this be linked with time-based.
adri
I would say one amount that stops the ads... (option 2)


Adri
ocalhoun
Time based would be the best, as long as there is a way to have it taken out automatically.

Might I suggest 7 frih$ per week? Then it would be at the same rate as points, and therefore less confusing.
Animal
I'd fully support the time-based system as well. Regular users would therefore get a benefit from both points and FRIH$, and it adds yet another interaction between the users and the forum which can only be a good thing.
rvec
I'd say it should be more than 7/week. That way just keeping your hosting would not give you frih$, and new members wouldn't have loads of frih$ in a month.


Also I don't like them being automatic, that way you'll forget it too easy. Just like insurance, you also forget you're paying that until you see what happened to your bank account the last month(which isn't possible on frihost). By making people have to pay for it with a minimum of 1 week so new users have no choice, and max 10 weeks so you get reminded of it.
Ghost Rider103
I agree with Rvec. That is basically what I was trying to say in my last post.

I think you sort of need to be reminded that you are getting charged to remove the ads, otherwise it's like it was never even there.
sonam
Time-based with advanced payment for one week, one month, three month, six month and one year. Then users can simple to chose between displaying or hidding ads for different time.

Sonam
ocalhoun
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
otherwise it's like it was never even there.

That's a good thing!
I don't want to be bothered with having to manually pay it again every time it runs out.
If you want to remind people that it is being done, just replace the google ad with a small bit of text saying "Thanks for paying to remove the ad" or whatever.
coreymanshack
ocalhoun wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
otherwise it's like it was never even there.

That's a good thing!
I don't want to be bothered with having to manually pay it again every time it runs out.
If you want to remind people that it is being done, just replace the google ad with a small bit of text saying "Thanks for paying to remove the ad" or whatever.


Psh, that's annoying too.... lol.
Donutey
I'm indifferent to any of the choices, and I'm glad you've chosen adsense, since they usually have appropriate ads.
Bondings
sonam wrote:
Time-based with advanced payment for one week, one month, three month, six month and one year. Then users can simple to chose between displaying or hidding ads for different time.

Sonam

That's more or less what seems to be the best solution here I think.
Blaster
Sorry to jump in like... way late here but i like this idea... Time based is the best option in my opinion...
SpellcasterDX
Blaster wrote:
Sorry to jump in like... way late here but i like this idea... Time based is the best option in my opinion...

lol it's already been implemented.
Related topics
If you need help with php-nuke
Please add a forum topic Hobbies
request for a secrets & Confession forum topic
Space:
Survey: Which type of advertisements are you interested in?
getting shoutbox to show up in forum/topic view
A New health forum.
Tamil Forum Topic Request
how make that google ad appropriate with each forum topic ?
Help With Features & Questions. :)
Forum Responses
php reading
Non-English forum topic
Geico saved a bunch of money...
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.