FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My New Computer

joostvane
Hey,

I recently bought a new computer. I had the money for it, and wanted a monster machine. So I went looking on the internet for a trustable, and fairly cheap computer store.

I found www.alternate.be looking good, so I went to their 'make your own pc'-program and started building. After a lot of googling and wikipedia I configured my own computer, because I didn't know all about that technology. Some people might think it is not worth the money, but my (love) mommy (love) payed 50% so I'm happy, and I wanted a really good computer for my flight sim and all my other favourite games =)

This is what my pc is like, check it out;

Total price: 1700 EUR

Casing
A very cool (looks and cool, as in not hot inside Razz) looking Antec Twelve Hundred

(pic is not my PC, from google.)

CPU
Intel i7 Core 920 Quadcore. (4x 2666 MHz)

Motherboard
Asus P6T Deluxe (Retail, Sound, 2x G-LAN, FW, SAS-RAID, eSATA)
It has 8 USBs, and supports up to 12 GB of RAM. It also has not one, not two but THREE pcie 2.0 slots!

RAM
6GB of DDR3-1033 from GeIL.

Graphics Card
ATI Radeon Club3D HD 4870 X2. Its actually the 4870 type, but two times in one card. So it gives me 2GB of GDDR5.

Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Green WD6400AACS, 640GB

For my power I have 1000Watt and I run Windows Vista 64 bit Home premium.

My opinion about alternate and this pc. Very good service, and help support on phone. My pc runs very well and is alot better than my last one (A single core 3 ghz :p). I can finally play my flight simulator with at least 40 FPS and all my favourite games (shooters, wow, ... with atleast 80 FPS.)

Thanks for reading,
Joost.
ForceRun
Looks nice in the Antec 1200.
Unknowntoaster
Wow..that looks amazing! I have never seen a cooler looking computer! Very Happy
Diablosblizz
And I thought my 4 fans was a lot. Sad Jeez, that one has 7 freaking fans! Three on the front, one on side, two at back and one at top. Talk about noise!
Aredon
Diablosblizz wrote:
Talk about noise!

Performance over noise, any day of the week. Smile I'd rather it roar than overheat.
ForceRun
Actually with that case, you can turn the fans down, so that you can't hear them. And still get great cooling which is the point of the larger fans. I have the Antec 900 and I have everything overclocked on air, and the system is not very loud at all. And I get great temps like 37C for my gpu.
joostvane
I don't mind the noise, almost always have my headset on. And there are indeed 4 switches on the back of the case where you can turn fans up/down. You can also put the lights off if you want to.
desonium
That is a very nice computer! Really good stuff inside
I also want a new computer but I don't have enough money Confused