FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

moderated forum

akshar
I want to hv a forum where every post posted will need permission from moderator to get displayed on the forum.

Can i do it in phpbb?
Bondings
akshar wrote:
I want to hv a forum where every post posted will need permission from moderator to get displayed on the forum.

Can i do it in phpbb?

Not without a few modifications. I never heared of such a mod, so I doubt there will be one, but it could always be possible.
dan751
I don't think it's a good idea. Reason being, is because, someone wanting to post something would need to wait untill a moderator has reviewed the post, and therefore, take loads more time, especially for a forum like this, and all the posters would end up getting frusterated. Not to mention, don't you think that the moderators themselves would get frusterated to, what if each moderator had to review 1000 posts each and every day? It be just a mess, and odds are, most people wouldn't see their posts at all, because the moderators could simply say 'I don't want to review all these posts.. (deletes posts)' or something.
akshar
I understand that moderating a forum is a tidius task. But who will explain it to my Prof. he want me to develop such a forum It's gonna be tough i know.