FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The PS3s true power; Rumour?

andersonic
Epic Games have claimed to have figured out how to harness the power of the PS3 and they will also be bringing Gears 3+4 to the PS3 exclusively. Has anyone heard anything about this?
QrafTee
andersonic wrote:
Epic Games have claimed to have figured out how to harness the power of the PS3 and they will also be bringing Gears 3+4 to the PS3 exclusively. Has anyone heard anything about this?

No, and considering some key people at Epic Games hate the PS3 with a passion... this rumor is probably false.
Jamatu
The rumour is false, Epic have already got the player base on the Xbox and wouldn't gamble on a console switch (even though it would most likely pay off). PS3 exclusives will soon start to overtake Xbox exclusives though as developers learn how to utilize the cell processor more efficiently. Killzone 2 is the first step!
ForceRun
It is not a power issue, it is the point that the different platforms pay the game makers to release only on their system to help sell their systems. i.e. Microsoft+Bunge Halo only on xbox. Same deal here, ghey but part of life.
LostOverThere
Jamatu wrote:
(even though it would most likely pay off).

Not necessarily, the Xbox 360 has a much larger user base in terms of consoles sold then the PS3, and if Epic Games already have a user base with the 360. Chances are it would be in their best interest to stay with the 360. Even though it would be nice to see them work on the PS3 a bit. Wink
traxion
andersonic wrote:

i've didn't hear it, and im affaid its not true

epic games has a great serie of gears on the 360 .. whay make it without any reason a multi game?
QrafTee
LostOverThere wrote:
Jamatu wrote:
(even though it would most likely pay off).

Not necessarily, the Xbox 360 has a much larger user base in terms of consoles sold then the PS3, and if Epic Games already have a user base with the 360. Chances are it would be in their best interest to stay with the 360. Even though it would be nice to see them work on the PS3 a bit. Wink

Epic doesn't care about user base, they care about incentive money. Mind you Epic Games is not a fan of the Cell architecture, but Microsoft did pay Epic Games for exclusives. There was a whole article on how Gears of War 2 will not come out on the PC because Microsoft paid Epic Games to keep it a 360-exclusive.
ForceRun
Yeap thats what it is all about.
spinout
to harness the power on the PS3 - it is time now! Only few can do it - but the major part is just cheap lagging conversions.

The xbox360 is to noisy to even stand up as an excuse of a console... big time!

hm i will now test the demo of killzone 2 . hoping for cell-power!

i did have a xbox 360 --- it got so warm I could heat my house - and sounded like a jetplane... so bad...!!!!!

I rather have cheap conversions that this!
Blazole
andersonic wrote:

you never know, because the PS3 long term. is much better
on3love
PS3 disc was too expensive for me... i cant afford dat..
enygmasoft
on3love wrote:

If you do your homework you realize that both the xbox 360 and ps3 both sell new games for exatly the same price of $59.99, the wii is the cheapest with new releases for only $50.
8166UY
enygmasoft wrote:
on3love wrote:

If you do your homework you realize that both the xbox 360 and ps3 both sell new games for exatly the same price of $59.99, the wii is the cheapest with new releases for only $50.

Not in Europe. They sell new games for 79,90* euro's here in Holland, while new x360 games are cheaper. And I know because I'm a pleased PS3 user. I also bought it for long-term and the Blu-Ray player. And I just love Sony and their PSP which I imported from Japan at the moment it was out. Razz
And the better support of external drives, wireless keyboards and Linux are great pro's.

*79,90 euro's is ATM 105.38 dollar, just to give an example how much Dutch are being looted.
QrafTee
8166UY wrote:
enygmasoft wrote:
on3love wrote:

Not in Europe. They sell new games for 79,90* euro's here in Holland, while new x360 games are cheaper. And I know because I'm a pleased PS3 user. I also bought it for long-term and the Blu-Ray player. And I just love Sony and their PSP which I imported from Japan at the moment it was out. Razz
And the better support of external drives, wireless keyboards and Linux are great pro's.

*79,90 euro's is ATM 105.38 dollar, just to give an example how much Dutch are being looted.

Yeah, when the U.S. falls it's bound to drag the whole world with it. With all the new taxes during this economic crisis... I'm not sure WTF Obama is doing.
8166UY
Not by the USA, the big difference is there even way before the twin towers hurled towards the ground. For example, when the first Cossacks was released for the PC, I bought it for 80 guilders (about 60 dollars).
spinout
well my hope is that better softwarehouses work solid on the ps3 - they the other need to catch up...
Flakky
The Unreal Engine 3 is compatible with all three major platforms so they don't have any technical reasons why they wouldn't make it for a certain console. So probably there is money involved. Epic has admitted that the PS3 is better for several reasons including the fact that PS3 and PC can communicate with each other. I hope the game will be PC and PS3. IMO the PS3 should win of the 360
QrafTee
Flakky wrote:
The Unreal Engine 3 is compatible with all three major platforms so they don't have any technical reasons why they wouldn't make it for a certain console. So probably there is money involved. Epic has admitted that the PS3 is better for several reasons including the fact that PS3 and PC can communicate with each other. I hope the game will be PC and PS3. IMO the PS3 should win of the 360

It is compatible, but it does not utilize the Cell architecture well... in fact it causes issues and drags down performance and causes graphical issues--which is why many games using UE3 is delayed and is inferior on the PS3. Hopefully UE4 and the new CryEngine3 will work better. I still hope developers make their own in-house game engines like Square Enix is with Crystal Tools.
Flakky
QrafTee wrote:
Flakky wrote:

It is compatible, but it does not utilize the Cell architecture well... in fact it causes issues and drags down performance and causes graphical issues--which is why many games using UE3 is delayed and is inferior on the PS3. Hopefully UE4 and the new CryEngine3 will work better. I still hope developers make their own in-house game engines like Square Enix is with Crystal Tools.
Don't count on Epic about UE4. They are going to stick to UE3 for a while. With their IPP they keep on expanding UE3 and they are waiting for major improvements related to DirectX or new consoles before they start UE4
alkhator
Ps3 is more expensive but ps3 is more funny Smile
wombatrpgs
Wait what? How is a console "funny?" Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.
QrafTee
wombatrpgs wrote:
Wait what? How is a console "funny?" Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Maybe he meant "fun" or "funner."