FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Diet Coke or Coke Zero?

la_Duchess
I prefer Coke Zero if I'm going to drink soda pop at all. I've tried the real thing and it's just way too sweet...

“Coke Zero and Diet Coke are actually very similar. Both are low calorie drinks and have exactly the same ingredients – carbonated purified water, colour (caramel 150d), food acids (338 and 331), flavour, artificial sweeteners aspartame (951) and acesulphame potassium (950), preservative (211) and caffeine.

The key difference between the two drinks is in the proportions of these ingredients, giving each has a slightly different flavour profile.

I guess it's just a matter of taste.
airh3ad
i go coke zero why becouse just wanna say how good Coke Zero tastes! It tastes so sweet, but no sugar. Ive just bought a box of zero.
Nameless
I am proud to say I have never bothered trying what amounts to an effectively identical drink produced separately purely for the purpose of marketing towards middle aged men afraid of buying anything with the word "diet" in it. [/Cynicism]
adri
Coke Zero because I never heard of Diet Coke in Belgium and I don't know if they even sell it here? Embarassed

Adri
apple
I don't like any of them, I think they both taste like...erm...bleh!!
william
I don't like either one, both are bland. But, if I had to choose, it would be Coke Zero. Simple reason, Coke Zero is classic Coke minus sugar and Diet Coke is a completely different formula (not to my liking). The one thing I don't understand, why would you drink 0 calories soft drinks anyway? You lose the enjoyment and it's not very good for you, anyway. So what's the point? I have yet to experience a zero calorie soft drink that I would actually want to consume. Just drink water, zero calories soft drinks are just...souless.
CosmicDisturbance
I would rather drink Coke Zero, it seems to have more flavor.
mtorregiani
Neither of them, I prefer Pepsi all the way.
sana618
apple wrote:
I don't like any of them, I think they both taste like...erm...bleh!!

my sentiments exactly, i like neither of them. thought my favorite is Shani, its a famous drink in the Gulf countries, never found them in other countries that i've visited.
Melacos
I really like Zero, as the taste is closer to the original coke in my opinion.
Keran
For me somehow, both Coke Zero and Diet Coke taste more sugary than the normal Coke, that's why I prefer the original Coke, however I drink them rarely.
Alaskacameradude
I actually can't stand any kind of cola, Coke, Diet Coke, 'New' Coke, Coke 'Classic' Pepsi or any of them.
I don't even drink soda much as it just tastes too much like sugar for me. Once in awhile I'll have a
root beer, a sprite, or a orange soda, but probably not more than 4 or 5 times a year. Now lest you
think I'm sort of health freak, I drink Tang, Kool Aid or lemonade, I just don't happen to like the taste of
soda.....probably one of only 5 people in the U.S.....I've heard what the average American consumes in soda and it's a LOT.
{name here}
I occasionally drink Boylans Cola, and that's the only cola I ever drink anymore. Unfortunately my teeth are in quite terrible shape due to mismanagement of them in my teen years so I avoid soda products altogether.
Vladalf
I don't like Coke in any of it's forms. I've stopped drinking a long time ago because of the fear of E's and other stuff.
Vladalf
malcolmpreen
I struggle to taste the difference between any of the different cokes...

The only one I can definitely recognise is "caffeine free" - and that's due to the withdrawal headache I get if I drink it.

Personally... for refreshment I drink water.... the only reason (IMHO) to drink any sort of coke is for a caffeine hit... (hence the problem with caffeine free !!!)

Malcolm
silverdown
I don't like neither I like Coke Classic Smile
misterXY
Diet pop period is worse then regular, due to aspartame, sorry for the wrong spelling, that's the last time l actually bought a diet pop, yrs ago.
SpellcasterDX
Neither. For one, diet soda tastes really nasty.

Two, it's worse than regular soda. Aspartame is worse than sugar. Might as well have regular soda or no soda at all.
hamza1122
I prefer coke with sugar because it tastes nice. I don't usually drink those two types of coke but i think they're both the same.
Moshkin_Khan
Yeah, Coke Zero is aimed at men, and diet coke for women. The advert for diet coke was the women in the elevator and the man comes down. It was obviously aimed at women.
Now Coke Zero is dark and meant to be all manly for guys.

I've only had diet coke before cuz thats all that was in the house. But I wouldnt buy either really.
deanhills
I haven't seen Coke Zero around here in the Middle East yet. Perhaps it is available, and I have missed it, as I am not a Coke fan at all. Usually I do not drink sodas, but if I did, I prefer Diet-Pepsi any day. It has a much smoother taste, not too sweet, and also no after-taste for me.

Thanks for listing the ingredients though, that has really given me food for thought, why not to drink these beverages. Obviously they are not good for a person.
PatTheGreat42
Pepsi regular!
standready
Neither. YUK!
Tuvitor
I really don't like the flavor of Aspartame-sweetened drinks. Or Splenda or Saccharine sweetened drinks. I like my coffee black.
Helios
deanhills wrote:
I haven't seen Coke Zero around here in the Middle East yet. Perhaps it is available, and I have missed it, as I am not a Coke fan at all. Usually I do not drink sodas, but if I did, I prefer Diet-Pepsi any day. It has a much smoother taste, not too sweet, and also no after-taste for me.

Thanks for listing the ingredients though, that has really given me food for thought, why not to drink these beverages. Obviously they are not good for a person.

It's available here in Israel. Coke Zero tastes to me like an improved version of diet coke, but I rarely drink soda anyway...
shkumbin
Coke Zero and Coke Diet are avilable here in eatern-Europe, in my country Kosova, but Coke Dite has some Sugar in it while Zro has no sugar (but is still sweet and tasty) so I prefer Coke Zero!!!
Blazole
Coke Zero all the time. Because to me it all tastes the same. Therefore, why not go for the healthy option. Makes sence to me.
denilsonguerra
Prefiro a coca-cola original e em garrafa de 290 ml.
Crazy_Canuck
Diet Coke all the way. Coke Zero is way too sweet. If I wanted sweet, I would drink the real thing.
stel4e
adri wrote:
Coke Zero because I never heard of Diet Coke in Belgium and I don't know if they even sell it here? Embarassed

Adri

Hahaha the case for me is exactly the opposite ... I haven't tried Coke Zero, just because I've never seen it around here, so I'm for Diet Coke Wink
missdixy
I usually buy diet coke, but mostly only because it's more available. Actually though, even more than that I buy Diet Squirt. It's pretty delicious for a diet drink!
ProfessorY91
Bwahaha, I've never heard of coke zero, though I've seen things like Coffee Coke, Diet Coke with Lime, etc. Of all the wacky things to come out with, why "zero"? Ah well, who drinks diet anyways. Counterintuitive, and you can't enjoy something unhealthy... why drink it?
Mrs Lycos
any of them =( i dont like they , the taste its like remedy to me T_T
Xanatos
I drink diet, but mostly because it was the only kind of soda my mom allowed in the house when I was young. I don't really care if it is diet or regular to me anymore. Its all the same to me now.
andersonic
Neither. It has to be full fat! :p
fruitcakelyts
Haha I don;t like either I can taste the fake sweetener in anything. I only like the original :]
My two favorite sodas are Dr. Pepper and Coke!
j_f_k
maybe I'm out of date but the aspartame is said to be carciongenic - so wouldn't touch either drink with a barge pole.
eday2010
andersonic wrote:

You're out of luck then, since no soda has fat in it. Maybe you meant sugar, or what passes for sugar these days, high-fructose corn syrup.

I like Coke Zero. I drank a lot of regular Coke, and decided I needed to make a change because it was just too much sugar. So I switched to Zero. At first it was pretty gross. But after a short time I grew to really like it. It's definitely an acquired taste.
Nameless
eday2010 wrote:
andersonic wrote:

You're out of luck then, since no soda has fat in

This is true, but maybe andersonic enjoys eating Coke Cake? (Don't give me that look, it's a real recipe.)
livingontheedge
Diet Coke, only reason... when u get a really cold one out of the machine, you take a drink of it, your heart starts pounding, you get a rush!!! But really Coke Zero is a fake!!!
nigam
neither the two of them...my taste buds won't agreed on those....
paul_indo
I think they both taste like s**t. Good old original coke was the best but the current standard coke is still pretty good.
Parkour_Jarrod
I would say coke zero because it tastes more like coke than diet and the can/bottle doesn't look as.... bland

Another thing: ive noticed that a lot of people are saying coke classic and 'new' coke.... WTF IS 'new' Coke????? all we have in Australia is Coca-Cola, Coke-Zero, Diet-Coke, Diet-Coke-No-Caffeine, Coca-cola vanilla, and Diet-Coke-lime.

So could someone explain to me what new coke is?
valadez
"I am proud to say I have never bothered trying what amounts to an effectively identical drink produced separately purely for the purpose of marketing towards middle aged men afraid of buying anything with the word "diet" in it."

I completely agree with Nameless there. It's just doing exactly what Pepsi did with Pepsi Max. I just stick with whats good and thats just regular Coca-cola.

On a random note did you know that Coca-Cola is thought to be the second most widely understood word in the world after "OK"?
deanhills
valadez wrote:
"I am proud to say I have never bothered trying what amounts to an effectively identical drink produced separately purely for the purpose of marketing towards middle aged men afraid of buying anything with the word "diet" in it."

I completely agree with Nameless there. It's just doing exactly what Pepsi did with Pepsi Max. I just stick with whats good and thats just regular Coca-cola.

On a random note did you know that Coca-Cola is thought to be the second most widely understood word in the world after "OK"?

I don't believe it! I would have thought Ma or Pa? Aren't those those the first words babies tend to learn and understand very well? Smile
jessicawalker
Diet Pepsi for me! Although, I hate drinking soda at all. It's just not natural. But when I do it's Diet Pepsi.
mrcool
i don't like coke zero......i prefer diet coke...hahahah
valadez
deanhills wrote:
valadez wrote:

I don't believe it! I would have thought Ma or Pa? Aren't those those the first words babies tend to learn and understand very well? Smile

I'm not sure, maybe that doesn't apply to all cultures, but then I haven't checked Laughing

I figure I might as well put another coke fact in, During WW2 Fanta was invented because they couldn't get the syrup into Germany to make Coca-Cola due to the Allies trading ban. So they made Fanta by using whatever ingredients were available in Germany.
erlendhg
I have never really understood why the Coca-Cola Company would release two different diet variants of Coke/Cola. That's like - do you want to get the sugar-free Coke, or the one without sugar?
mwsupra
Neither. I would say Cherry Coke Zero. Not a bad tasting diet drink.
endless
neither, if i had to pick any coke i'd go for the vanilla one
James007
I don't know whether it's the same where you live, but in Belgium Coca Cola's newest commercials clearly indicate that 'Coca Cola Light' is for women only and 'Coca Cola Zero' is for men only.
goutha
Regular Coke is much more better!!!
AleSSiiOo
Zero Coke is taste good with no sugar ;^D
hlavco
I haven't tried Coke Zero, but I can't stand Diet Coke. It's pretty gross. Regular Coca-cola is fine, though, but I'm really more of a Pepsi guy.

Vanilla Coke reigns supreme, though. Wait, no. Limited time only Black Cherry Vanilla Coke was the best ever.
lantyne
neither i heard coke can kill you.
mu hahahahahahaha what the hell , saying this is so lame...
diet coke i prefer . it still tastes sweet in my mouth so who cares if it'll kill you or not hahaha
Zombie
Honestly, I dont drink either, I drink water.
gcaughill
la_Duchess wrote:
I prefer Coke Zero if I'm going to drink soda pop at all. I've tried the real thing and it's just way too sweet...

“Coke Zero and Diet Coke are actually very similar. Both are low calorie drinks and have exactly the same ingredients – carbonated purified water, colour (caramel 150d), food acids (338 and 331), flavour, artificial sweeteners aspartame (951) and acesulphame potassium (950), preservative (211) and caffeine.

The key difference between the two drinks is in the proportions of these ingredients, giving each has a slightly different flavour profile.

I guess it's just a matter of taste.

Diet Coke tastes bad.

Coke Zero is reasonable.

g
soljarag
none.. unless they have rum or jack in them
Insanity
I don't think I've seen Coke Zero around anywhere. I've had Diet Coke, of course, but I don't think I've seen Coke Zero. I've heard it of it, though, but I just haven't seen them in stores or see people drink them. Maybe it was a new product that died a long time ago? Anyways, I don't enjoy Diet Coke in the first place, so I would assume that Coke Zero would be even worse. There's no taste in Diet Coke; it's like you're drinking slightly flavored carbonated soda. But to each his own, I guess.
valadez
endless wrote:
neither, if i had to pick any coke i'd go for the vanilla one

I haven't seen Vanilla Coke in ages.
But a bit of Ice Cream in a glass of coke is soooo much better anyway Very Happy
ptfrances
Vanilla coke is really nice but difficult to find.
But I don't see much difference between Zero and light one... sorry Confused
Ghost900
I would go with Coke Zero as the word diet scares me. Anxious

I actually try not to drink Soft Drinks as most have caffeine and all they are is sugar water and not the healthiest thing to drink. Very Happy
[FuN]goku
Meh, I don't really drink coke too often, but if I do, it's always diet.
biljap
Both have strange taste for me, I prefer classic Coke… But I can’t drink too much of it, it tastes good and refreshes you, but later, I feel bad as I took something too sweet. Mad
sw0277
I think both coke zero and diet coke both taste flat! I will stick with classic coke!
ahlenius
im more of a coke zero person, but i prefer pepsi over all
goutha
Don't drink Coke at all... Too much sugar, not healthy! Exceptionnally drink the original, taste better!
melind
I prefer diet coke over all other sodas. For me coke zero is too sweet.
mwsupra
I think Coke Zero tastes a bit better than Diet Coke. And if you haven't tried Cherry Coke Zero, its actually pretty good, very surprising for a diet drink.
Zombie
Neither... Coke Zero and Diet coke both have a sugar alcohol that absorbs more fat than regular sugar. So, you're better off drinking normal Coke.
driftingfe3s
I drink both, as my dad loves soda but is trying to watch is weight so he will buy any soda thats on sale and usually coke zero and diet coke are on sale at the same time so he'll buy both.

Personally I like diet coke better. Coke zero has a strange after taste for me that diet coke doesn't have. As for diet sodas in general, I think diet dr. pepper is the best at tasting like the original. Because my dad is watching his weight we usually have diet at home, but when we have regular soda I prefer to drink that.
Denvis
Aspartame is sub'd in for sugar. Disgusting, good ol' fasion coke is best.
valadez
If I absolutely had to pick between one or the other. It would be Zero, I stear clear of anything that says diet in it, diet products are the excrement of the devil.
m-productions
Well im not a fan of any form of diet coke, but If there are only two available it would be coke zero. It seems to have more taste than diet coke, but also a unique taste that pulls it apart from normal coke (still a good taste tho). However to go a little off topic, I like the diet pepsi tho, as they have some unqiue flavours that are only in diet...
Moshkin_Khan
Zero is for us blokes, as its not got that girly word diet in, as we dont have to watch our waists, and the cans dark and manly. RAWRRRR.
Fanghai
I'm a fan of diet coke. I don't really know why. Coke zero and sprite zero taste really stale
goutha
The original coke is the best one. I only tried diet once and did not like it. I never tried zero.

I prefer drinking tea or just plain water. When I'm tired, it's a coffee.
skygaia
those are not good choice for me... it tastes not good than original.. Laughing
BrumDubai
Coke Zero, for sure! Its like the perfect ballence (taste-wise) between Diet and Normal Very Happy
Burzy
They both taste identical to me, by the way Helios , love the bathory avatar Smile
paulotlet
both of them are "undrinkable" but the original coke is the very best no-alchool drink of all the world
lethaltriad
I prefer the new one, Coke Zero
Suchiya
honestly im not a real fan of the whole diet coke coke zero thing, at my school they sell vanilla diet coke -.- (idno how thats diet but...) and coke zero. i go for vanilla coke cuz it tastes better but if i get the choice i would go for a normal good old fashioned coke =)
Donutey
Neither, go to Texas and get the sugar-based colas. Surprisingly, much better than HFCS based drinks.
Hogwarts
ptfrances wrote:

Really? Vanilla coke is actually quite popular here, it's sold nearly everywhere Coke is sold Shocked
deanhills
Hogwarts wrote:
ptfrances wrote:

Really? Vanilla coke is actually quite popular here, it's sold nearly everywhere Coke is sold Shocked
We do not have vanilla coke here either. I have not seen it anywhere, this is the first time I learned about its existence.
lethaltriad
We don't have vanilla coke here as well, Coca Cola seems to be doing some promotions down here though so right now the newest one we have is Coke Zero. Apart from that though we have regular Coke and Diet Coke also.
hamza1122
I just can't tell the difference. I still can't taste the difference between pepsi and coca cola. I just stopped drinking the stuff since its supposed to be real bad for you. Laughing Razz
mwsupra
Getting addicted to Pepsi Max. The diet drinks are getting better tasting as we go along.
polly-gone
Any regular flavored Coke that is Diet or Zero tastes bad and has a God-awful aftertaste.... I drink Pepsi. Smile

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
littleladyluck
I prefer Coke Zero, I find it tastes better than Diet Coke.
Dean_The_Great
Neither. Drink what tastes good, and I like the real deal. I generally only use it as a mix drink, but even still, it has been studied that those who believe they are drinking a product that is better for them (ie, a product labelled "Diet") will in fact drink more of it, which is worse than drinking a normal portion of the "un-Diet" product.
paskifire
Coke zero but it tastes like hell
joe_042293
I heard Diet Coke has carcinogenic properties. Not from a source that could be called 'reliable' by any stretch of the imagination, though.

If Coke Zero has the same ingredients, then I guess it would contribute to cancer too.

In any case, I prefer the taste of Zero to Diet, and the regular version is much better than both, so that's what I usually get, if I'm having it at all.
upenggsoc
..i prefer COke Zero. it tastes sweeter and it has a cool after taste. try it urself! Very Happy
Dean_The_Great
In my opinion, drink whatever coke you think tastes best, just don't drink too much of it. I'm a coke classic guy myself.
silverdown
I like regular plain classic coke cola, I never started drinking it until me grandmother died. That was all she drank, and it how i remember her....
bigt
I've been trying to cut back on all soft drinks. I prefer Diet Coke.
cowdudy
Zero is better, though not a-lot. they are both pretty good.
menino
All if not most diet drinks contain Aspartame, which is is the basis of NutraSweet and Equal, flavors Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, and other drinks, and sweetens a host of foods you or I wouldn’t even begin to suspect.

If you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting pains, numbness in your legs, cramps, vertigo, dizziness, headaches, tinnitus, joint pain, depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss - you probably have aspartame disease.

Although I prefer coke zero, I drink it sparingly, and I think you'll should start drinking more water, or even sparkling water instead of diet fizzy drinks. Laughing

just my 2 cents. peace!
goutha
Drink regular coke and forget about those marketing names.
Arty
I prefer coke zero mainly because of the better look:

belo-dc-laptop
COke Zero Very Happy
jabce85
Neither... I gave up soft drinks over a year and a half ago.... BRING ON THE FRUIT JUICESSSS!!