FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Rihanna and Chris Brown...





la_Duchess
Sunday night, R&B's hottest couple, Chris Brown and Rihanna, were supposed to light up the Grammys.

Instead, the normally affectionate twosome were embroiled in a domestic violence drama that left Brown, 19, booked on felony criminal threats charges and posting $50,000 bail after turning himself in to the LAPD on Sunday at 6:34 p.m. PST.

Sources say that Rihanna (real name: Robin Fenty), 20, was the victim in the alleged assault which occurred around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday. Responding to a 911 call about a disturbance, the LAPD took statements from a female with visible injuries, who named Brown as her attacker.

Just hours after the incident, witnesses spotted Brown and Rihanna leaving the London Hotel together around 7:30 a.m. on Sunday.

Later that evening, during the Grammy telecast for which both Brown and Rihanna were no-shows, bodyguards for the couple were seen moving their luggage out of the London.

The ramifications of Brown's arrest? Already charged with making criminal threats – defined in part as a situation where the victim "is in fear for [his/her] life" – the R&B singer may face additional charges at the discretion of L.A.'s district attorney's office.
mattyj
obviously a great character guy, beats up women

i see why he has so many fans Rolling Eyes
truespeed
Some pics of rihanna pre-show and pre-bruises.


Hogwarts
mattyj wrote:
obviously a great character guy, beats up women


Thank you Captain Sexism. Do you actually know exactly the story behind this? Until you do, don't make smart comments.
mattyj
Hogwarts wrote:
mattyj wrote:
obviously a great character guy, beats up women


Thank you Captain Sexism. Do you actually know exactly the story behind this? Until you do, don't make smart comments.


Please explain to me how that was a sexist comment?

Doesnt matter what the story is, YOU DONT HIT WOMEN, PERIOD

I spose you think its alright to hit them tho? judging by your comment
Hogwarts
mattyj wrote:
Doesnt matter what the story is, YOU DONT HIT WOMEN, PERIOD

I spose you think its alright to hit them tho? judging by your comment


Sure, with good reason. Of course, if you weren't so naive, you would notice that violence against anybody is bad. Why does it matter if they're female? Rolling Eyes
liljp617
Is this world news? Do you know how many people are verbally or physically abused every day? Surely if we're not giving them attention, this doesn't deserve to be here (obviously, it's only cause they're celebrities...in which case, it's not world news at all).
mattyj
Hogwarts wrote:
mattyj wrote:
Doesnt matter what the story is, YOU DONT HIT WOMEN, PERIOD

I spose you think its alright to hit them tho? judging by your comment


Sure, with good reason. Of course, if you weren't so naive, you would notice that violence against anybody is bad. Why does it matter if they're female? Rolling Eyes


Because males as a whole are bigger and stronger than females as a whole...thats not sexism, thats biology
ThePolemistis
mattyj wrote:
Hogwarts wrote:
mattyj wrote:
Doesnt matter what the story is, YOU DONT HIT WOMEN, PERIOD

I spose you think its alright to hit them tho? judging by your comment


Sure, with good reason. Of course, if you weren't so naive, you would notice that violence against anybody is bad. Why does it matter if they're female? Rolling Eyes


Because males as a whole are bigger and stronger than females as a whole...thats not sexism, thats biology


Does that mean we can we segregate it further on race and nationaities, and fat/thin people, tall/short people etc etc.

Just a suggestion.
Xanatos
The point I believe he is trying to make is that you don't hit people who don't have the means to defend themselves.

However, objectifying women as weak and defenseless is wrong in my opinion.
mattyj
Xanatos wrote:
The point I believe he is trying to make is that you don't hit people who don't have the means to defend themselves.

However, objectifying women as weak and defenseless is wrong in my opinion.


Im not objectifying them as weak and defenceless

On average Women are smaller than men - Im a good 7 inches taller and 50lbs heavier than my wife...do you think that would be a fair fight for me to just start laying into her?

You guys that thinks its ok to hit women are disgusting individuals with no morals, and this is my last post on the subject
Xanatos
mattyj wrote:
Im not objectifying them as weak and defenceless

On average Women are smaller than men - Im a good 7 inches taller and 50lbs heavier than my wife...do you think that would be a fair fight for me to just start laying into her?

You guys that thinks its ok to hit women are disgusting individuals with no morals, and this is my last post on the subject


Yes your wife is weaker than you and it would be a one-sided fist fight. However not all women are weaker than you and some could kick your ass. I'm not saying that it is okay to hit anybody without good reason. But to say that hitting a woman is wrong based on principle is, in my opinion, putting our society in reverse. Hitting someone who cannot defend themselves is wrong based on principle.
deanhills
If you look at the media when they were reporting on the Palestinian-Israeli War of January, every now and then, probably more often than that even, they came up with "women and children", in the sense that they cannot defend themselves, are vulnerable, and suffered more as a consequence of that. OK, maybe there are women who are stronger and do not need defending, but I think in general, women are regarded as needing to be protected, treated with respect, being extended proper form of courtesy and behaviour such as opening doors for them, etc. etc. I think I like that. I think even if women can defend themselves, they should still be treated as women, and that means special treatment as vulnerable. Attacking a woman must be one of the worst behaviours there can be. It is difficult to imagine that anyone can condone that sort of thing. If a woman who is weaker than you would attack you, perhaps one should show restraint, but obviously if it is to commit grievious bodily harm along shooting or stabbing lines, then possibly one should defend yourself.
Bikerman
I disagree. Surely assault is assault. If a women slaps or otherwise hits me then they should be prepared to;
a) either suffer the same in return or
b) be prosecuted for criminal assault

Now, I am fairly old school and I have the old-school inhibition as regards hitting women but I would not be prepared to simply suffer physical assault from anyone. Equality cuts both ways.
mattyj
deanhills wrote:
If you look at the media when they were reporting on the Palestinian-Israeli War of January, every now and then, probably more often than that even, they came up with "women and children", in the sense that they cannot defend themselves, are vulnerable, and suffered more as a consequence of that. OK, maybe there are women who are stronger and do not need defending, but I think in general, women are regarded as needing to be protected, treated with respect, being extended proper form of courtesy and behaviour such as opening doors for them, etc. etc. I think I like that. I think even if women can defend themselves, they should still be treated as women, and that means special treatment as vulnerable. Attacking a woman must be one of the worst behaviours there can be. It is difficult to imagine that anyone can condone that sort of thing. If a woman who is weaker than you would attack you, perhaps one should show restraint, but obviously if it is to commit grievious bodily harm along shooting or stabbing lines, then possibly one should defend yourself.


Finally someone on this board who is chivalrous and not a wife beating ape like these others

regardless of size, strength or even if they hit you first, YOU DONT HIT WOMEN - who raised the rest of you clowns? Would you hit your mother?
liljp617
mattyj wrote:
deanhills wrote:
If you look at the media when they were reporting on the Palestinian-Israeli War of January, every now and then, probably more often than that even, they came up with "women and children", in the sense that they cannot defend themselves, are vulnerable, and suffered more as a consequence of that. OK, maybe there are women who are stronger and do not need defending, but I think in general, women are regarded as needing to be protected, treated with respect, being extended proper form of courtesy and behaviour such as opening doors for them, etc. etc. I think I like that. I think even if women can defend themselves, they should still be treated as women, and that means special treatment as vulnerable. Attacking a woman must be one of the worst behaviours there can be. It is difficult to imagine that anyone can condone that sort of thing. If a woman who is weaker than you would attack you, perhaps one should show restraint, but obviously if it is to commit grievious bodily harm along shooting or stabbing lines, then possibly one should defend yourself.


Finally someone on this board who is chivalrous and not a wife beating ape like these others

regardless of size, strength or even if they hit you first, YOU DONT HIT WOMEN - who raised the rest of you clowns? Would you hit your mother?


If I felt threatened. Would you tell an individual getting abused by a woman (and yes, it happens more than you think) not to defend himself/herself, even if that means hitting the female?

You don't have to be a "clown" or "wife beater" to recognize that there really are no blanket rules in this world like you seem to believe.
Xanatos
mattyj wrote:

Finally someone on this board who is chivalrous and not a wife beating ape like these others

regardless of size, strength or even if they hit you first, YOU DONT HIT WOMEN - who raised the rest of you clowns? Would you hit your mother?


I think I have a right to defend myself. To me equal rights means that I have just as much of a right to kick your ass as you do mine.
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
I disagree. Surely assault is assault. If a women slaps or otherwise hits me then they should be prepared to;
a) either suffer the same in return or
b) be prosecuted for criminal assault

Now, I am fairly old school and I have the old-school inhibition as regards hitting women but I would not be prepared to simply suffer physical assault from anyone. Equality cuts both ways.


Laughing Guess that is the offsetting negative of female emancipation in UK? I noticed some of that during my recent travels there. So can imagine it has to be different there? Men may be on their way to becoming the weaker sex in the UK, not out of weakness but on the basis of women becoming much stronger?

I don't share that. I think the first cause of action would be to disarm her, being much stronger than her of course, and disarm the situation. For me that would be the "gentlemanly" thing to do. When it is much more serious than that, one would probably need to defend yourself. I have not been in a situation like that ever, so am quite happy with that as I can imagine it would not be pleasant to deal with it.

liljp617 wrote:

If I felt threatened. Would you tell an individual getting abused by a woman (and yes, it happens more than you think) not to defend himself/herself, even if that means hitting the female?

You don't have to be a "clown" or "wife beater" to recognize that there really are no blanket rules in this world like you seem to believe.


Think you must have missed the last lines of my original posting:
Quote:
but obviously if it is to commit grievious bodily harm along shooting or stabbing lines, then possibly one should defend yourself.


Think that is common sense that if you are being seriously abused that you should be able to defend yourself. I would prefer to disarm her if I can and disarm the situation, I doubt I would go for slapping. Am happy I have not been in a situation like that before. Must be a difficult situation to be in.
truespeed
Here she is pictured after the incident.

Hogwarts
NineMSN wrote:
But Rihanna was the first one to lash out at Brown — after seeing a text message from another woman — and continued to fight him as he punched her, according to celebrity gossip website TMZ.


Because trying to beat up people who are quite likely vastly stronger than you is always the best way to go Rolling Eyes

Of course, that's not to say that violence against men isn't socially acceptable and generally "comical". However, if he's locked up, I'd quite like to see her locked up too.
Jamatu
I agree with most of what people have said in this thread, there is no need for violence like this. Sure you could argue that violence is part of human nature but then again from a social point of view it's unacceptable.
Related topics
Your favourite group/singer? *OFFICIAL*
RAP MUZIK
[OFFICIAL]What song are you listening to right now ?
Greetings from Wilmington, OH
NFL Draft
Post Your Mix CD/Tapes Tracklists
My fantasy football team
Worst Song Ever!!!
Voting thread: Frihost music chart for current songs
What is the current #1 hit in your area?
How big is your music library?
Do you think Chris Brown will lose his success?
Do Christians automatically gain trust?
Beyoncι indicada para o Billboard Music Awards 2012
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.