FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

LIMEWIRE or I-TUNES

la_Duchess
Do you use LimeWire or I-tunes?
I use both. With my ipod I find them both to be very helpful in building my music library.
rockstar
Limewire. Never used itunes myself, although limewire is so full of junk I've started using ARES. Much better.
Sphaerenkern
It's called iPod and iTunes, by the way.
And I don't really get the question, because Limewire is used to download songs for free isn't it? At the iTunes Store, however, you have to pay...
la_Duchess
Sphaerenkern wrote:
It's called iPod and iTunes, by the way.
And I don't really get the question, because Limewire is used to download songs for free isn't it? At the iTunes Store, however, you have to pay...

Well they are both used for down loading music. It depends if you want to pay to play or not.
liljp617
It depends if you want to steal or not.
Ankhanu
I dunno, when I want to buy music, I tend to go through sites that more directly support the artists, such as zunior.com and the like. iTunes supports record companies, not artists... it's an important distinction.

As for piracy, Limewire and the like are painful; torrents are the way to go... and many artists will post their own material up for torrents (at least independent ones, which is where the real music is happening anyway Wink ).
8166UY
liljp617 wrote:

In the Netherlands it isn't according a gap in the law. BTW also the only country in the world where it is. But there are many songs which I can't find on the Gnutella network so I tend to buy them on iTunes.
A real tip: use Frostwire. It's a free Limewire Pro and from the original developers.
rockstar
Looks like Frostwire might be worth a look, 8166UY.

Interesting art, by the way. Smile

Howie
steve1200
For getting music i use different ways. Most time I use FrostWire (a Limewire-crack with no speedlimit etc.) and torrents. Or also Rapidshare.

I don't have an iPod but I still use iTunes for organizing my music. But i also use WinAmp. I like both.

cheers
Steph
8166UY
rockstar wrote:
Looks like Frostwire might be worth a look, 8166UY.

Interesting art, by the way. Smile

Howie

Thnx. Please post your findings of FrostWire when you downloaded it. Wink

/EDIT: I BTW still use iTunes for the management of my 1200 songs.
MeddlingMonk
I avoid Limewire and similar programs for two reasons: 1) there is the risk of spyware, malware and viruses; 2) more often than not, it tends to be illegal.

Most music I buy is on CD, but I have considered iTunes for individual tracks. There is a new music service, though, that claims to be legal and free - although it still uses DRM. I might give it a look when it comes online: http://music.qtrax.com/.
pho3nixsky
verned.com

Saved my life. Not sure if im allowed to share that. Edit that out if its wrong to share =[
Nutteloos
I use neither. Most of the time I'm more interested in the whole album rather than just a few songs. In that case I either buy the album to have it on CD, or I use bittorrent. (usually first the latter, and if it's good the former)
Dark_Jedi06
I avoid Limewire like the plague...you'll get your music for free but end up with a gummed up computer filled with viruses and spyware. I'd say the trade-off isn't worth it.
slashnburn99
I only share music Rolling Eyes

Ipod software is a pain, i use it and by the next time i forget how to use it, so i made myself an idiots guide so i`d remember (not what i call easy to use)

I switched to Frostwire - Limewires cousin

Listen first buy later.
Radar
iTunes, but I'm a Mac person, so I'm rather biased there I suppose.

I don't have an iPod, so I can't comment heavily on them, but from the little I've had of using other peoples, they are much better than any other mp3 players that I've come into contact with.

And iTunes Store is much better since the removal of the DRM.
ortie10
Yes I use Ares also to get my music without having to pay for it. Only thing is the sound isn't nowhere near 100%. As a musician I would like to have CD quality music files but I'm not sure if I-Tunes sells you CD quality files. Does anyone know?
binsmyth
Well of couse Limewire because you have to dance till you get the chance. I download from limewire because i get it for free. I know it's illegal but i don't care.
Josso
I advise staying away from P2P altogether if you want to safely pirate things, at least download Peer Guardian to make it a little bit safer. Limewire often causes nice quick PCs to degrade to the virtual equivalent of mush - not because of the actual software but because of the amount of viruses, spyware and other nasties people package in with the pirated music. If you do insist on using it I do advise scanning all zips/rars before you extract them and generally being very careful.
liljp617
binsmyth wrote:
Well of couse Limewire because you have to dance till you get the chance. I download from limewire because i get it for free. I know it's illegal but i don't care.

At some point you'll probably care.
pumpin
I've used limewire a couple of times without any problem whatsoever but i'll advice you watch what you download with p2p softwares.

Viruses, spywares and all sorts can be downloaded through p2p software
la_Duchess
liljp617 wrote:

I don't call it stealing. |It's actually file sharing. I'll give yiou this if I can have that!
MarzEz
i would use limewire, but there's too much junk on it. i just use free mp3 sites.
also, i am dedicated to itunes. i would never use win media player
Denvis
Limewire! It's free lol
Tuvitor
Uh... neither. I used to use Soulseek a lot back in the day, but these days I'm just not into downloading mp3's like I used to. I am a bit wary about p2p other than torrents from trusted trackers, and when I do grab mp3's, I'll grab whole albums and/or discographies.

Oh, and it isn't stealing, because the original is undamaged and not lost. It's copying. Razz
joe_b
It seems like most people using Limewire end up with adware and malware, I'm not a fan.
Helios
You call it filesharing? Well we call it stealing.
Next time you'll get a warning. Read the rules.

We don't want any discussions here related to "filesharing".

-close-
Vrythramax
la_Duchess wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

I don't call it stealing. |It's actually file sharing. I'll give yiou this if I can have that!

It IS stealing if you don't pay for it.

And this topic is treading very close to being locked.

*Edit - My brother beat me to it.