FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Buy 5 Sitepoint Web Design Books for the price of 1

jylan
I think just about all you people would have heard about the horrible bushfires burning at the moment in Victoria, Australia, if you don't please go to this thread for more information: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-103216.html.

Anyway, Sitepoint.com just announced a fantastic offer a few minutes ago on Twitter, where you can buy 5 editions of their books in PDF format for only $29.95, or the price of one of their books. The best thing about it is that every single cent of the sale price goes toward the Bushfire victims!

http://5for1.aws.sitepoint.com/
spring567
That is great . But I can do nothing because I am no in australia or us.
redslazers
the bushfires wernt that bad it was only media spin,

yes i feel sad for the 200 people who died on black saterday but everything was higly overated
Hogwarts
Of course it was only a media spin!

Spot the town! But wait! It doesn't appear to exist. Now, this brings up questions of why it doesn't exist. Maybe that town only ever existed in the media?! Is this some grand conspiracy we've stumbled upon?! Perhaps the twin-towers were just media-hype, and were never actually destroyed!
redslazers
Hogwarts wrote:
Of course it was only a media spin!

Spot the town! But wait! It doesn't appear to exist. Now, this brings up questions of why it doesn't exist. Maybe that town only ever existed in the media?! Is this some grand conspiracy we've stumbled upon?! Perhaps the twin-towers were just media-hype, and were never actually destroyed!

hogwarts, i think you misunderstood what i was saying, of course towns burnt down and people lost there lives and i feel for them Sad

but bushfires are a natural part of the Australian life and nature needs it to grow, all the towns that were built were built with the knowledge that it was a bushfire prone area. The people who lit the fires were also people who lives with in the villages (excluding the ones that started because of faulty electrical wire`s).

the entire thing was far to overrated in australia but everything is there. Seriously, when the power in sydney shut down for a night because of shitty wiring, people found out that the emergency warning systems built for APEC didnt have backups incase of power failure and you should have seen the news for a few day, that all that was talked about.
etc etc etc

IT DIDNT SAY IT DIDNT HAPPEN I SAID IT WAS OVERRATED
Hogwarts
redslazers wrote:
but bushfires are a natural part of the Australian life and nature needs it to grow, all the towns that were built were built with the knowledge that it was a bushfire prone area. The people who lit the fires were also people who lives with in the villages (excluding the ones that started because of faulty electrical wire`s).

The bushfires weren't featured prominently in the media for the sake of them just being bushfires or for them destroying towns. They were featured due to the speed at which it occured. If a town is engulfed by a bushfire within several minutes, that's slightly abnormal.