FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Provigil

mejo1900
does anyone else take provigil to stay awake? what do they think of it? What side effects have you noticed.
tony
I take caffeine. What is provigil?
mejo1900
Its a prescription drug for daytime sleepiness

I sadly (*tear*) can't have caffeine..it gives me a headache
toasterintheoven
it's a drug for people with excessive sleepiness, multiple sclerosis, cocaine withdrawl, and etc., supposed to be comparable to amphetamines
deanhills
I take a short nap. I find that if I can rev down and completely "drift" for a few minutes, that that seems to wake me up afterwards. Coffee has an initial lift, but then when the caffeine starts to wear out, I feel even more tired than before the first cup of coffee.

I imagine provigil would be for very extreme cases of sleepiness. Fortunately I have not got to that stage yet. It probably would be good for a short term solution, but over the long term one would probably have to find a different way of taking care of the sleepiness.
toasterintheoven
ah yeah, and I get such horrible crash from drinking coffee towards the end of the day, which is good cause oftentimes I don't even end up being able to sleep, but I just feel so depressed I don't end up doing anything, that's why I think some medication may be better than caffeine for some people