FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dollhouse

j00gotpwnd
Who here is a fan of Joss Whedon? Greats such as Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Serenity, and Toy Story were all works of his. Firefly and Serenity are my favorites by him, which sadly ended before they gained much steam. Anyway it will be airing on Fox (I'm almost positive on this), and if you are a fan, you should definitely tune in and show your support!
blk3
I watched firefly and liked it, too bad there is only 1 season of it. Looking forward to his new series Doll House.
sana618
my favorites are Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel i watch them even now.
j00gotpwnd
Yeah, I got the complete Buffy box set for Christmas, and then for my birthday I got the complete box set of Angel. I own all of his stuff. Joss is the man!
kacsababa
  • I never liked Buffy too much (Angel a little more), but my favourite character was Faith in it. (Whedon+Eliza)
  • I liked Alias. (Whedon)
  • I'm a Firefly fan. (Whedon)
  • I liked Tru Calling too. (Eliza)

So I'm realy looking forward to it. Smile
j00gotpwnd
Well how did everyone like it? I am going to watch it again tomorrow or something, but I really liked the pilot episode. I think it will get even better!
kacsababa
To be true I'm a little disapointed, but I'll be there at the new episode. I hope it gets better.
Radar
Gah. Have to wait for it to be aired here in Australia.

Was introduced to the works of Joss Whedon by Firefly/Serenity. Looked up Angel, and decided that that was interesting, but, because I'm generally a purist, I can't just start watching Angel, so I'm currently working my way through the first few seasons of Buffy by borrowing them from a friend. Had a realisation at one point that I was inevitably going to end up watching Dollhouse, which does sound intriguing.
kacsababa
2nd episode was better.
It's a little unnerving that FOX treats Dollhouse like Firefly anno, they mixing up the episode's order.
The first episode wasn't the pilot, and now the 2nd episode was the 4th episode, the next will be 5th then the 3rd. This killed Firefly partically, maybe that doesn't happen here, Dollhouse is much more episodic.
malcolmpreen
I also enjoyed Dollhouse.... but what with FOX, the episode order, and the "death slot" on Friday nights it has a lot of problems before it starts.

I hope it takes off - but I've also read that Joss is looking towards "internet" productions along the lines of "Dr Horrible".

I guess we'll see...

Malcolm
Radar
kacsababa wrote:
2nd episode was better.
It's a little unnerving that FOX treats Dollhouse like Firefly anno, they mixing up the episode's order.
The first episode wasn't the pilot, and now the 2nd episode was the 4th episode, the next will be 5th then the 3rd. This killed Firefly partically, maybe that doesn't happen here, Dollhouse is much more episodic.

Please please please, let Fox not badly mistreat another one of Joss Whedon's shows...
sondosia
I've just started watching this show on Hulu and I LOVE it. It's so unique at a time when most television is completely stupid (for instance, American Idol). I hope this show continues for many more seasons.
malcolmpreen
I think it is improving all the time.... the first few episodes introduced the idea.... and the later shows have expanded on the idea.... the conspiracy theory story line is very interesting....

Although it looked like they were setting up the option to can the show if needed during episode 8.... Really good job to get out of the situation they'd set up.... IMHO

Malcolm
blk3
Yes I agree, episodes are improving. I hope this doesn't get canned before it gets really good. Also hope there is more continuity across episode, not some random stand alone episodes.
malcolmpreen
Strong rumours are out that Dollhouse has been renewed !!!

The official announcement from Fox is not due until 18th May...

I'm very happy.... but surprised at the same time !!

Malcolm
sondosia
@malcolm - I read that today too! Let's hope it's true because I LOVE DOLLHOUSE.
blk3
sondosia wrote:
@malcolm - I read that today too! Let's hope it's true because I LOVE DOLLHOUSE.

Can anyone confirm this. I hope they do another season just so they can wrap up everything. I really don't like the first season finale and how they wrap up the Alpha storyline.
Rajiev
One of friends asked me to fetchthis series on DVD. So I had it for days cos he didnt show up to collect it. Since I've a little time on my hand, I've started watching it Surprised wow, this is addictive.

Nice story. I think we all like this cos DOLLHOUSE is a fantasy of everyone. I mean, we dont want for ourself, but i'd love the technology. I could definitely use it to delete some bad memories I have on my past. Although it is not worth wasting 5 years of my life.

What I would do like is that pay a reasonable amount and upload some cool stuff in to my head like
A few programming language skills,
a full archive of Wikipedia,
remove those bitching memories
Upload some marshal arts skills
Make me manage time very good :p
Enterprise
I really love this show. Whedon is more or less a god when it comes to writing tv, imho, and this is proving no exception. I was expecting it to be canceled after one season a la Firefly, but thankfully Fox forgot about it and we didn't have to suffer another heartbreak. I am, however, frustrated about the wait until December. I'm impatient!
malcolmpreen
From what I read the end is coming.... season 2 is currently still filming (ep11 in progress as I understand) - and the plans are that ep13 will be the last... but there are plans to rewrite it as a finale, so at least there will be a proper end.

Allegedly, Joss Whedon is going to take some time off and dedicate his time to internet projects, although I also hear that news of his next project will be available soon....

Malcolm
Enterprise
Yup, well, this wasn't unexpected. Still sucks though, thank you, Fox. *glares* Whedon did say "By the time the last episode airs, you'll know what my next project is." so hopefully we won't have to go too long without him. *sigh*
Rajiev
Oh no Confused
Rajiev
Is there a Series two / sequel to Dollhouse ???
malcolmpreen
There is a second series.... which has almost finished airing in the US.

Malcolm
Rajiev
Wow,
That's Great news Smile
Why didn't I got the news about this earlier :O
IS it popular in US ???
wait ... /* Checking the net... */

Hmm, Its not rated in IMDB yet :O
guys go there and vote

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135300/
todabeat
ive been told that this is a good show.

to what kind of thigs does it relate

i dont know why i think of ALIAS when i think of dollhouse
would i be correct.
Rajiev
todabeat wrote:
ive been told that this is a good show.

to what kind of thigs does it relate

i dont know why i think of ALIAS when i think of dollhouse
would i be correct.

You are correct, to some extent Smile

the similarities are a hot chick kicking all the bad asses around, all through the show. And the story revolve around that main female character. And both are Science Fictions.

similarities end with that.

Alias is about a past prophesy coming in to live.
Dollhouse is about a event that is happening in near future, and involves future technology that has yet to emerge ( at least to public view)

However, If you loved Alias, there is a good chance that you will love Dollhouse too Smile
Enterprise
Ah Alias, very good. If I had to go with someone after good ol' Joss Whedon, it'd be J.J. Abrams, for sure. =)