FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Skinny Bitch diet.

la_Duchess
Has anyone tried this diet? I just bought the book and 2 workout dvd's. I am thinking it may be a good diet. It was featured on the Tyra Banks show last week.
coreymanshack
la_Duchess wrote:
Has anyone tried this diet? I just bought the book and 2 workout dvd's. I am thinking it may be a good diet. It was featured on the Tyra Banks show last week.

I haven't tried it, have you tried just working out? I work out and eat what ever I want and I'm not overweight and have no rolls.
deanhills
I still wonder at the slimming industry and how they cash in on people to loose weight. I thought that there were already all the books we need, and then someone like Tyra Banks allows someone to promote another book. Anyway, if it helps to loose weight, power to you. Perhaps the mere act of investing in it, would already be a powerful motivator to make a success of it.
la_Duchess
Well the book was only $10 bucks and I'm finding it to be a great read. A very sassy book with an attitude of the modern world sort of speak. They say what they mean and don't bleep out anything that censored media normally would.

I am not that overweight by any means. I just need an extra boost to keep me on track and shed the winter bloat. I work out all the time. I even have a personal trainer. I don't eat a lot of meat. Chicken and fish are o.k. I don't eat pork and seldom eat red meat. I just don't care for it.

I do love my carbs though. I need to cut down on them for sure. Sugar is not my fav. so sweet things are not a problem for me. Well with the exception of chocolate... That is my weakness. If I'm going to eat it though it has to be good quality chocolate. I love bread! I don't go crazy with it but if you put garlic bread in front of me at a restaurant I will eat it....

I enjoy my occasional glass of shiraz too... With dinner or after it's so good and relaxing. I think red wine is supposed to be good for you too. According to what I've heard it helps prevent heart troubles in some.
o_man
[quote="la_Duchess"]Well the book was only $10 bucks and I'm finding it to be a great read. A very sassy book with an attitude of the modern world sort of speak. They say what they mean and don't bleep out anything that censored media normally would.[\quote]

*shakes head* claiming this book says what it means without censorship is akin to calling mTV edgy. If it's own/promoted by a conglomerate, it's been censored, just not in the way you think.

[quote]I am not that overweight by any means. I just need an extra boost to keep me on track and shed the winter bloat.[\quote]
good for you

[quote]I do love my carbs though. I need to cut down on them for sure.[\quote]
without knowing what kinds of carbs you are talking about, I'm fairly sure the amount isn't excessive, just the sources.

Like deanhills I am skeptical of the weightloss industry. All the information anyone could ever need is readily available, yet books that are brimming with bullcrap still sell like crazy. Such a shame.
patchworkepiphany
i am not familiar with that diet or eating plan. Sound any good?? I think many have their merits. you sound like to really really may love the Mediterranean diet though - which has been proven scientifically ( not modern mediterranean mind you which is more americanized) time and again. And lets you have some carbs AND wine. it focuses on mainly natural whole foods, lots of fruits, veggies, whole grain, moderate protein ( limited red meat) and even wine. Smile) Oh, and dont forget lots of olive oil. Extremely healthy way to live ( and yummy !!) more of a way of life than a diet - but it works better than low-carb did for me. I have energy through the roof now, and i get my carbs!! yay! =)
whole = good. Smile
PennyLane
I prefer swimming once a week, drinking lots of green tea and eating three times a day. I avoid snacking and if I do I only eat some fruit or some bread with cheese.
Diets don't work for me, but I hope this one will help you.
Solon_Poledourus
la_Duchess wrote:

I could play Trya Banks' ribs like a dulcimer. That kind of diet is just offensive to human health. Why do women feel like they need to be rail thin? That's more dangerous to your health than having a few extra pounds.
People starving themselves to fit into a societal preconception of beauty is a slap in the face to the millions that are actually starving in this world. Health isn't about being thin, it's about giving your body what it needs. And your body usually tells you exactly what it needs. It's up to your brain to strike a balance between your level of activity vs. your eating habits.
Gondal
Always do a BMI test before u go on these diets ! !!
as long as u can find ur jeans and tops in the mall
your good to go
asand90
Please do let me know if this Diet really works
furtasacra
That's not a diet, it's animal rights propaganda masquerading as a diet book. Not that there's anything wrong with animal rights, but it's still stealth marketing, which I find offensive. Switching to a vegan diet will slim down most people, but I would suggest buying good vegan cookbook instead of putting up with all that attitude!
Solon_Poledourus
The BMI(body mass index) is socially biased. It has almost nothing to do with health, and almost completely to do with aesthetics. Just like most diets.

You have to be healthy first, and that isn't always indicative of weight. Some people are healthiest when they are a bit plump, some when they are thin. People in colder climates usually do better with more fat than those in warmer climates, as their bodies require it. I think it's sad that people tie their notions of health so closely to the social perception of beauty.
furtasacra
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
The BMI(body mass index) is socially biased. It has almost nothing to do with health, and almost completely to do with aesthetics. Just like most diets.

You have to be healthy first, and that isn't always indicative of weight. Some people are healthiest when they are a bit plump, some when they are thin. People in colder climates usually do better with more fat than those in warmer climates, as their bodies require it. I think it's sad that people tie their notions of health so closely to the social perception of beauty.

You're probably right about the BMI, unless you are weighed and measured by a professional. Those charts based on just height and weight are frequently wrong, because they don't take age, gender, and muscularity into consideration.

For example, I'm 5'6 and weigh 122 lbs, which gives me a "normal" BMI of 19.7. Fine, I'm slim, but not scrawny. However, I'm female, and have small bones. (My wrists ARE kinda scrawny.) On the other hand, my 22-year old nephew is my same height and weighs 170, and his BMI says overweight- but he's not fat, he has muscles on his muscles.

You have to take all this stuff with a grain of salt.

To go back to the original topic of whether the so-called Skinny Bitch diet works, the answer is probably yes, if you can stand to stick with it. A correctly balanced vegan diet is low-fat and the food is very filling, but I can't do it. I refuse to give up seafood or cheese!
Solon_Poledourus
furtasacra wrote:
You're probably right about the BMI, unless you are weighed and measured by a professional.
That's what I'm saying. You can't just look at a chart and say "well, it says I should weigh this amount for my height, age and gender". Those charts don't take into account metabolism(some are faster than others), genetics(ie, Germans are generally more robust than Indonesians), and a number of other factors. If you really want to know what the healthiest weight for you is, consult a professional. They will ask you what your diet is, they will ask about family history, medical history, etc.

Quote:
Though BMI is generally a reliable approximation of body fat, it doesn't always tell the whole picture. "BMI doesn't differentiate between body fat and lean muscle mass," says Wayne Westcott, Ph.D., fitness research director at the South Shore YMCA in Quincy, Mass. and author of several books on fitness.

AOL health.
I am slim, and most charts such as the BMI and "weight calculating charts" will say I am underweight. But I have a speedy metabolism, and am very energetic, and I engage in alot of high energy work/activities. As a paramedic, I get to know alot of doctors, and they would tell you that I am, for the most part, very healthy and my weight is fine(I have asked). So anyone who thinks they have a weight problem should do a few things:
1 - Ask yourself if you really feel unhealthy, or if you just want to change some aesthetics.
2 - If it really is a health issue, don't rely on charts or books, consult a doctor or dietician.
3 - Finally, do what is best for your health. Don't make unnecessary sacrifices for the sake of appearances. We can't all have a "hollywood" body, and for most of us, that wouldn't be healthy anyway.
deanhills
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
furtasacra wrote:
You're probably right about the BMI, unless you are weighed and measured by a professional.
That's what I'm saying. You can't just look at a chart and say "well, it says I should weigh this amount for my height, age and gender". Those charts don't take into account metabolism(some are faster than others), genetics(ie, Germans are generally more robust than Indonesians), and a number of other factors. If you really want to know what the healthiest weight for you is, consult a professional. They will ask you what your diet is, they will ask about family history, medical history, etc.

Quote:
Though BMI is generally a reliable approximation of body fat, it doesn't always tell the whole picture. "BMI doesn't differentiate between body fat and lean muscle mass," says Wayne Westcott, Ph.D., fitness research director at the South Shore YMCA in Quincy, Mass. and author of several books on fitness.

AOL health.
I am slim, and most charts such as the BMI and "weight calculating charts" will say I am underweight. But I have a speedy metabolism, and am very energetic, and I engage in alot of high energy work/activities. As a paramedic, I get to know alot of doctors, and they would tell you that I am, for the most part, very healthy and my weight is fine(I have asked). So anyone who thinks they have a weight problem should do a few things:
1 - Ask yourself if you really feel unhealthy, or if you just want to change some aesthetics.
2 - If it really is a health issue, don't rely on charts or books, consult a doctor or dietician.
3 - Finally, do what is best for your health. Don't make unnecessary sacrifices for the sake of appearances. We can't all have a "hollywood" body, and for most of us, that wouldn't be healthy anyway.
I agree with this. Completely. Also the idea that one diet would suit more than one person, including the person who wrote the book, is also not that realistic as we are all completely different from one another with different psychology, metabolisms, genes for that matter. We deal with obesity, or weight loss in different ways. Some people really need help, and I believe there are professionals who can assist them. If I say professionals, not only doctors, but people who assist in a holistic way by treating all the symptoms, including a total change of lifestyle, attitude, thinking and activity levels. The life coach, or physical trainer approach would help in this category more than just a doctor who gives prescriptions, weighs you, holds your hand etc.