FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Halo Wars

Are you looking forward to this?
Yes.
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No.
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Spartan
I'm really looking forward to this, although I'm not a big fan of the RTS genre. I played the demo, and now I can't wait for the whole thing to come out! This is just awesome.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halowars/
ForceRun
The whole fact that the studio got closed down and that the game was supposed to be a simple RTS for console. Did anyone even look forward to this game at all? Mark up another busted move by Microsoft marketing.
Spartan
ForceRun wrote:
The whole fact that the studio got closed down and that the game was supposed to be a simple RTS for console. Did anyone even look forward to this game at all? Mark up another busted move by Microsoft marketing.

A lot of people are looking forward to this, yes. And yeah, it does suck that the studio got closed down. I honestly saw no apparent reason for that. Sad
QrafTee
ForceRun wrote:

The remnants of Ensemble is creating Robot Entertainment and they have confirmed that as Robot Entertainment they will provide post-support for Halo Wars.
Klaw 2
Yes I look forward to it finally a good RTS I can use for on a console, every publisher is closing down some developer offices, however I don't understand why Ensemble.
ddukki
I'm guessing that since the studio got shut down, there won't be any PC ports for this game? That's ridiculous, even for a Microsoft blunder.
QrafTee
ddukki wrote:
I'm guessing that since the studio got shut down, there won't be any PC ports for this game? That's ridiculous, even for a Microsoft blunder.

That game was made with the intention of being on consoles. It's too simplified and streamlined to play well on the PC. I hate pre-configured bases where you can only build X buildings per base.
NtpU
True. I think it does add too the stratgy to only have a few building spots, but its kinda wierd for a halo game to be a RTS.
enygmasoft
NtpU wrote:
True. I think it does add too the stratgy to only have a few building spots, but its kinda wierd for a halo game to be a RTS.

This game surprised me bery well. The demo was amazing fun and I am wainting for a price drop before getting it
QrafTee
NtpU wrote:

Yeah, but it add more strategic ways to play when you can build anywhere. I can't describe how many ways my friends and I played around with surrounding our opponents with photon cannons or blocking their bases in with various defensive towers.