FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rock Band Special Edition is very difficult to find for Wii

Starrfoxx
Now that I'm able to financially afford getting Rock Band Special Edition for my Wii, I can't find them anywhere. Sold out everywhere I look. Rock Band 2 Special Edition is on back order.

I have no problems finding RB2 SE for Xbox or PS3. I read an interesting article that stated Rock Band outsold the Xbox and PS3 on the Wii, even though the first version was gimped.

And there seems to be no shortage of Guitar Hero World Tour Complete Band for the Wii. I can find those everywhere. Which has got me really wondering how popular and good it is if I can always find those, but not RB.

I know I can buy GHWT and use the instruments with RB2 for the Wii, but honestly there aren't many songs on GHWT that I care for. I do like the Mii Jam session on GHWT, however.
kriszara
If you are willing to take a chance you may be able to find Rock Band special edition for the Wii on ebay or other online reseller.
I bought an auction that included a Wii console, Rock Band Special edition, and Guitar Hero for about $450.
A lot of people are selling their Wii's to buy other systems and selling their Rock Band SE to buy Rock Band 2.
Its worth a look if you don't want to wait for a special order to come in.

Kristine
Knightly Games has great deals on comics and games.
Starrfoxx
I did actually look, but interesting enough is the fact that they are selling for a higher price used than they were new. About $130 to $150 vs $99 new.

My family and I decided just to get all the pieces of Rock Band 2 separately. It costed more, but now we have two Rock Band 2 guitars, a Rock Band 2 drum kit, Rock Band 1 & 2, plus both track packs, and we got our microphone from Boogie Superstar. (Not a bad game, btw.)