FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What kind of dog is this?

Arty

Wolf1918
Well, I'm not an expert on all purebred dogs, but this looks like it could be a "Westie", a Westhighland White Terrier. Maybe a mixed breed with Westie in it somewhere. It would be helpful to know how big the dog is because Westies are smaller dogs. Not tiny like the toy breeds, but small. My second thought was small poodle in need of a haircut, but I think poodles have a longer pointier snout.

Just my 2 cents,
Chad Cool
la_Duchess
I don't know but it is as cute as a button. Are you looking to get a dog like this?
Wolf1918
Oops, my bad. It's NOT a Westie. After I posted this I remembered that Westies have upright ears, not floppy years like this little guy. Westie puppies do have droopy ears but they are short ears, this dog has longer, floppy years. So, maybe then it is some kind of poodle mix. Or it could be a breed called Bichon Frise (spelling?)

The picture looks to me to be a small dog so those are my best guesses. If it is a large breed, or a large breed puppy, then there are other possibilities. But without a size reference, I have to go with my first impression of its size.

Just my (additional) 2 cents,
Chad Cool
Arty
Aww Sad I was hoping that it was a westie.
Well, I thought some westies have floppy ears.
jwellsy
I would guess Bission Freisse.
pashmina
haha nice one,
it looks like a cotton ball. the dog must be so soft, like a cotton candy Razz
wellerchap
it does seem to be a Bichon Frise, though my first (uneducated) instinct was a West Highland White.
Loads more pics here...
http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&safe=off&q=Bichon+Frise&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=D-aXSf6dLcaC-gbX_YT9CA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title
Arty
Oh well.
Westies are still my favorite type of dog. Smile
deanhills
Arty wrote:

It is a little maltese! Very cute. I surprised my Dad once with a Maltese puppy. They are very clever dogs, also very affectionate. Refer link below:

http://www.kellyco.com/maltese/puppies.shtml
pho3nixsky
Its very white, i really dont have any idea if the above posts didn't get it.
SBCBC33
I think that is a Bission Freisse. Cute dog but probably a yapper with a Napoleonic complex. Not for me...
taytay
I don't know What it is, but some big dude in my neighbor hood has one and it attacked my Chocolate Lab today while I was taking him for a walk.. Not that it was a brutal fight or anything. My Lab barked playfully as he always does to just about Everything that moves, and the little thing ran behind it's owner, then continued to yap some more. haha. It was cute, in a way.
soljarag
its a cute dog Smile
nigam
its my first time to see that kind of dog....ohhh how lovely....how i wish i have a dog like that...
Craeft
Yes. It is a Bichon Frise ("bitchin' frizz"). Due to the action shot, it is difficult to tell, but it almost looks like there might be a bit of Lhaso in it. However, my vote goes for pure bichon. They are 'fun' to groom.

Smell that? That's sarcasm. Wink heh
Craeft
SBCBC33 wrote:
I think that is a Bission Freisse. Cute dog but probably a yapper with a Napoleonic complex. Not for me...

Agreed. hehe...

I am a "real" dog kinda person. Labs, Pit Bulls (properly trained), Mastiffs, etc.
Crazy_Canuck
deanhills wrote:
Arty wrote:

It is a little maltese! Very cute. I surprised my Dad once with a Maltese puppy. They are very clever dogs, also very affectionate. Refer link below:

http://www.kellyco.com/maltese/puppies.shtml

I think you are right. Maltese would be my guess too. However, the Bichon looks very simular to the Matlese. But I still think it's a Maltese.
Craeft
The Maltese generally has a longer "moustache". But then, that could all depend on how it was groomed as well. It resembles more bichons I've seen than maltese. But since both are similar... It's a "Bitch'n Tease".
Crazy_Canuck
Craeft wrote:
The Maltese generally has a longer "moustache". But then, that could all depend on how it was groomed as well. It resembles more bichons I've seen than maltese. But since both are similar... It's a "Bitch'n Tease".

LOL That was great!! I think as puppies these two breeds are so simular.
andysart380
rare mop dog
HerbalTree
Regardless of what it is that is a really cute doggie
gueda
My girlfriend have one dog like that, but is black oO I always think is just one poodle. But reading here (what deanhills said) I see is one little maltes uou

I never heard this before heheheeh I will say to my girlfrien Very Happy
Aaa these dogs are cute Razz