FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ah, Love!

mgeek
Here is today's sketch. My inspiration is two special people I saw in the park today. One is male and an invalid and the other is his wife of fifteen years. The wife has been taking care of her husband since the time a car accident rendered him paralyzed from the waist down some three years ago. This sketch is my rendering of their relationship. I am going to give it to them tomorrow as a card. Tomorrow is their wedding anniversary.

Magicman
That's a very nice picture and a very nice gesture to make such a card. The one thing I noticed is that the man doesn't seem to have a nose in the sketch which makes his face look a little strange. Other than that, great job!
mgeek
Magicman wrote:
That's a very nice picture and a very nice gesture to make such a card. The one thing I noticed is that the man doesn't seem to have a nose in the sketch which makes his face look a little strange. Other than that, great job!

The real man has a nose of course, but I drew it that way because cartoon noses tend to disappear in faces that are turned to the "audience" directly.
mgeek
Magicman wrote:

The real man has a nose of course, but I drew it that way because cartoon noses tend to disappear in faces that are turned to the "audience" directly.
jsarnold
That's really clever. I love seeing artists like you create images of real people. Do you do requests?
mgeek
jsarnold wrote:
That's really clever. I love seeing artists like you create images of real people. Do you do requests?

Sorry I don't. I can't guarantee the same quality you find in the drawing above for drawings that are requested.
justtj
beautiful sketch...
Smile