FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to use my registed domain with the frihost

internetjobs
i have a domain name registered with godaddy.com can i use the domain name with the this frihost webhosting. Can i use the space and database from the frihost?.. but i dont like to use a url redirection method. it is eating my page rank.
Skye001
replace the name servers in go-daddy to the ones of frihost and add the domain in directadmin for frihost
internetjobs
Thanks.. i done it.. but i have the issue for configuring modifying mx record.. is there any way to change mx recored of my domains created in the direct admin of the frihost?
mOrpheuS
internetjobs wrote:
Thanks.. i done it.. but i have the issue for configuring modifying mx record.. is there any way to change mx recored of my domains created in the direct admin of the frihost?

As of now, there is no way of customizing your MX records. You'll have to use either a third party DNS service provider (like zoneedit.com or everydns.net) or your registrar's DNS (if they provide your full DNS control ... they probably do).

Change your "A" records to the FRIHost server's IP address and your MX records to whatever provider you are intending to use.
internetjobs
i registed domain name with godaddy.com. i could be able to change the mx record... after changing name server to frihost server, there is no option to change the mx record. all my entries gone.. after that i tried with the direct admin of frihost. but it seems to be there is no permission to do that.. any help, how you guys are doing that?
internetjobs
i have setup this.. now all working fine.. Thanks all..
isnawan
can I use free .CO.CC domain here?
internetjobs
if your registrar give your the full DNS control, then you can... change A record to one of the frihost server ip. or change name server to name server of the frihost.