FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are there alternatives to Paypal and ebay

slashnburn99
Well Paypal and Ebay make more when i sell than i do Embarassed

Fee to list with ebay
fee after selling
Tax on top after selling

Paypal fee to accept payment

Anyone know any alternatives to paypal and ebay
MYP415
There are tons- moneybookers, egold, just google around and ull find a lot
Wolf1918
slashnburn99 wrote:
Well Paypal and Ebay make more when i sell than i do

Fee to list with ebay
fee after selling
Tax on top after selling

I have to agree with you SlashnBurn, eBay (or "greedBay") fees suck big time. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of transactions, on eBay every week. They have to be making millions/billions! I realize they have expenses to cover and employees to pay, but really! Have you ever tried to contact anyone there for help with anything? It's a joke.

At one time I was an eBay seller, but I quit for the same reason. I was doing ALL the work and getting less of the money for it. And in many cases not making ANY money for an item if I had to relist it! Because they charge you each time you have to relist an item too! I've even stopped looking there to buy things. I'm not supporting them at all any more. They are just to greedy.

Just my 2 cents,
Chad Cool
caoraper
wat about in vietnam???
deanhills
My experiences with E-Bay and PayPal (which is everything but Pally) have also been less than good and I would be just as interested to learn about people's experiences with good and solid alternatives, as well as how one would set those up. Also how one would extract your cash at the end of it.
Magicman
I use Amazon to sell my used school books. I don't know how appropriate it is to what you are doing but their commission fees are fixed and it costs nothing to list the item. Obviously there is not bidding like there is on ebay so you might miss out on a chance to make a more money and if the item is not listed in their system I'm not sure if you can even sell it. Altogether, my experience selling with Amazon has been good though. I have no suggestions for PayPal replacements though.
deanhills
Magicman wrote:
I use Amazon to sell my used school books. I don't know how appropriate it is to what you are doing but their commission fees are fixed and it costs nothing to list the item. Obviously there is not bidding like there is on ebay so you might miss out on a chance to make a more money and if the item is not listed in their system I'm not sure if you can even sell it. Altogether, my experience selling with Amazon has been good though. I have no suggestions for PayPal replacements though.

Sounds like a good idea. Have not thought about that one before.
mtsbuild
how has your experience with amazon been... i am new to eselling and although ebay is great... it isn't the avenue appropriate for professional books written by yours truly...... so amazon seems to be a good bet (alongside my own site) -
deanhills
mtsbuild wrote:
how has your experience with amazon been... i am new to eselling and although ebay is great... it isn't the avenue appropriate for professional books written by yours truly...... so amazon seems to be a good bet (alongside my own site) -

I've only had good experiences with Amazon. They are really well organized. I don't know about what you are trying to do. But I am sure it will be equally well organized. I just wonder whether the pay will be great though. But still, it will be better than nothing, and you will be able to count on it, as they put their money where their mouthes are.
yuxan
in china ,we rarely use ebay or paypal ,we prefer zhifubao ,which is very popular in China
nhatoday
I always use paypal for my ebay transaction, because I always got refund when I have not received my products, and most of the time I can use my paypal to pay for another site. I am pretty happy to do business with them so far. I will never give out my credit card to another company but paypal.
hangnhu
yuxan wrote:
in china ,we rarely use ebay or paypal ,we prefer zhifubao ,which is very popular in China

is that in english though?

I would like to by home furniture from china, but I can't find a website I can use, and ebay china is completely unreadable to english speaker like me
BillPZ
slashnburn99 wrote:

Fee to list with ebay
fee after selling
Tax on top after selling

eBay is where you get the most traffic and they know it so that's why they charge such high fees. I have tried other sites but really nothing compared to eBay but I don't use paypal to sell on ebay. I HATE PAYPAL and they stole from me so I refuse to ever deal with them again. I use merchantinc.com and linked that to my ebay account so people pay me with credit and debit cards and the money goes right into my bank account. If you are going to sell on eBay this is the way to go.
futurcat
BillPZ wrote:
slashnburn99 wrote:

Fee to list with ebay
fee after selling
Tax on top after selling

eBay is where you get the most traffic and they know it so that's why they charge such high fees. I have tried other sites but really nothing compared to eBay but I don't use paypal to sell on ebay. I HATE PAYPAL and they stole from me so I refuse to ever deal with them again. I use merchantinc.com and linked that to my ebay account so people pay me with credit and debit cards and the money goes right into my bank account. If you are going to sell on eBay this is the way to go.

Never heard about merchantic. Is that popular accross the world, or specific from your country?
darthrevan
On the Ebay part, of course there are others, but less popular. For example, Etsy is good for crafts. If you sell crafts, you can sell them for free or so. Just do a search for ebay alternatives or visit this page Ebay Alternatives
badai
it's all about exposure. if you have a lot of stuffs to sell, and just getting started to have your online present, it's really worth it. most people will let you know their website so later you can buy direct from them.

but to sell few cheap unused items, i also like to know if there is other alternative.
futurcat
[quote=n"]On the Ebay part, of course there are others, but less popular. For example, Etsy is good for crafts. If you sell crafts, you can sell them for free or so. Just do a search for ebay alternatives or visit this page Ebay Alternatives[/quote]
Thanks a lot!
futurcat
PlasticCards wrote:
slashnburn99 wrote:

Fee to list with ebay
fee after selling
Tax on top after selling

P.l fee to accept payment

Hi dear,

I think no anyone like paypal and ebay, Good idea.

Thank You

At lest from a trust perspective yes. The problem is that they charge you too much. There should be competition that we can trust.

For Ebay, Amazon is trustable and good enough, but they don't have such a wife spectrum as Ebay. It's mostly books and similar.

For Paypal, I would think there is no competition that I would trust unless it would be a bank
futurcat
nhatoday wrote:
I always use paypal for my ebay transaction, because I always got refund when I have not received my products, and most of the time I can use my paypal to pay for another site. I am pretty happy to do business with them so far. I will never give out my credit card to another company but paypal.

I am waiting for a refund from them... Let's see if they do what they promise.
darthrevan
futurcat wrote:
PlasticCards wrote:
slashnburn99 wrote:

Fee to list with ebay
fee after selling
Tax on top after selling

Hi dear,

Thank You

At lest from a trust perspective yes. The problem is that they charge you too much. There should be competition that we can trust.

For Ebay, Amazon is trustable and good enough, but they don't have such a wife spectrum as Ebay. It's mostly books and similar.

For Paypal, I would think there is no competition that I would trust unless it would be a bank

I kinda disagree that Amazon is for books mainly. You can find many things on Amazon besides books. For books to buy and sell, check out abebooks.com I know you can find good deals on books.
futurcat
darthrevan wrote:
futurcat wrote:
PlasticCards wrote:
slashnburn99 wrote:

Fee to list with ebay
fee after selling
Tax on top after selling

Hi dear,

Thank You

I kinda disagree that Amazon is for books mainly. You can find many things on Amazon besides books. For books to buy and sell, check out abebooks.com I know you can find good deals on books.

OK, you are right Amazon has something else. Mostly electronics, computers and so. But you would not sell a bycicle or an old TV from 10 years ago. I beliebe ell are products which are second hand, but still available in the market as new.

Is tha right?