FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Purchasing a dedicated IP Address?

Naif
This one is from the administrators I guess. Let me tell you, I had used frihost for well over 2 years and I can tell you, it compares equally well to paid hosts.

I understand till months back frihost was against accepting payments for the hosting they provide. I am not sure if that policy still exists but I was wondering. Would it be possible for frihost to provide it's users an option of purchasing a dedicated IP Address? I believe the cost of a dedicated IP address is around 1 USD a month.

Thank you to all those who answer to this post.

Regards,
-- Naif
rvec
we're still against that, and the dedicated ip isn't possible. But what would you need that for? You'd get a sub-domain..
Naif
SEO I guess. It's agreed among SEO experts that it's a plus to have sites on dedicated IP addresses.

rvec wrote:
we're still against that, and the dedicated ip isn't possible. But what would you need that for? You'd get a sub-domain..
Bondings
Unless there are very bad things or adult websites hosted on the same ip address (or you have links coming from websites using the same ip address) there really aren't any advantages to being on a separate ip address. Google knows that most website are hosted together with others on the same ip address and doesn't punish it. (Matt Cutts alrady confirmed this although I forgot in which blog post/comment).