FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Intranet messenger!

pollux1er
Hi to every body. I have an intranet and I want to set a instaneous messenger into it via the intranet. I have installed IntraMessenger but I want to know if there is nothing better than it. Thanks to all.
rvec
why is this php and mysql?
If you installed something it's probably not php and mysql.

Anyhow you could try netmeeting (C:/program files/netmeeting), which comes with windows and can directly connect to an ip.
pollux1er
Have you seen intramessenger?
It a PHP/Mysql based messenger. And I'm looking for something similar to test before adopting IntraMessenger.
albuferque
Do you mean EZIM?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezim/ ?

Build a test server if you want to try. Or configure a virtual machine to test it.
pollux1er
I am looking for something like Softros Lan Messenger but if possible free. Have a look at it and why not try it. It looks cool! Wink
coreymanshack
Can you not chat with people on LAN with typical messengers from yahoo, msn, and the such?
CTS_AE
coreymanshack wrote:
Can you not chat with people on LAN with typical messengers from yahoo, msn, and the such?

I believe that windows messenger does require you authenticate through their servers first, knowing that you need a user name and password which happens to be stored on their servers.

If you had no connection to the outside world, you're screwed.

I do remeber running across something in windows 98, that was a Lan messenger, and one day I tried to find it on XP and they had seemed to have removed it : (

program it from scratch? Razz
coreymanshack
I know at school they have microsoft groove installed, and it's basically a lan messenger with tons of more features like file sharing and the such.
pollux1er
coreymanshack wrote:

For sending files for example, Softros LAN is 1000times is more better!!! Try it!
CTS_AE
Microsoft groove comes with Office 08 when you install it from what I know, I never knew it supported chatting, I just figured it's a little tool to keep things syncronized between two people/computers, sort of like how a brief case works on windows, just better though.
coreymanshack
CTS_AE wrote:
Microsoft groove comes with Office 08 when you install it from what I know, I never knew it supported chatting, I just figured it's a little tool to keep things syncronized between two people/computers, sort of like how a brief case works on windows, just better though.

oh yeah, chatting AND like an email feature Razz

it has it where you can share a workspace and both work on the same file at the same time.
DarkReaver
I would say these are some alright free ones.

LANcet Chat

LANcet Chat is free software for real-time message exchange over local network (LAN). With it you don't need to install chat server. All participants can connect any time and they will see each other automatically. Just run chat on every computer and start talking immediately. Allows sending private messages. Can start automatically with Windows and stay in tray. Can use sounds and popup windows for notification.

BORGChat

BORGChat Features
- + #Main chat.
- + Private chat
- + #Channels open and private
- + Message board
- + Private message
- User informations
- Send File with pause and bandwidth control
- Send Picture from Clipboard
- Beep user / group
- View computers and shares from your network
- Message on Messenger service/Winpopup program
- More than 200 ANIMATED SMILES and the possibility to add your own
- Buletin Board Code (Bold,Italic,Underline,Insert: IMG,QUOTE,URL,HR)
- Quick messages with key combinations Shift+F1...F12
- Commands /? /help /me /here /clear /nick etc
- 3 Chat modes Here/Busy/Away with customizable messages
- Ignore private messages/ all messages
- Add to block list (message filtration)
- Online Alerts
- Chat logs

QWER-Chat 1.2
QWER-Chat is a messenger that lets you communicate easily on your LAN without using any server and/or Internet connection.

QWER-Chat 1.2 permits:
- private communications (one to one)
- conferences (many to many private communication)
- emoticons and hyperlinks
- see the state of other user in the list
- change your state (Online, Busy, Away, Invisible & personalized states)
- ring 'BUZZ!' to call the desired user
- net send for those who doesn't have QWER-Chat