FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Car DIYers

raildr
If you do your own repairs, check this out. A manual that does not go out of date.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/index.html
php_wizard_l33t
My father does all his repairs on his cars and trucks. He has a Dodge RAM and a Dodge Magnum which he drives a lot.

What cars do you have and fix?
raildr
If I can remember them all:

2001 Ranger, 1985 Mercedes 300D, 1985 Firebird, 1965 Fairlane, 1964 Fairlane, 1981 Yamaha XV920.

I do not attemp most repairs anymore, but do a good general troubleshoot first. I susbscribed for the Mercedes and was impressed.
CharKargis Olort
I have a 2007 Chevy HHR and a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo. I traded in a 1992 Eagle Summit LX to get the HHR. Probably the best move I ever made LOL. But I did send a lot of time under the hood of that car. I didn't really like working on it, but it was all I had to get to work, so....

My favorite car to work on is any GMC/Chevy trucks from the 70's and 80's, plenty of room under the hood, everythig is easily accessible, parts are plentiful and cheap, who coudl ask for anything more?
HoboPelican
raildr wrote:
If you do your own repairs, check this out. A manual that does not go out of date.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/index.html

I don't get this. How much does a factory manual go for these days? $50? If you keep your car for 5 years, it's cheaper to just get the manual and then you have the bound book to keep handy while you're tearing your car apart. What am I missing here?

I've got a 97 cherokee that I do most of the work on. I bought the manual when I got it and anything I need is in there. Never goes of date either, because all the info is for that car. Laughing
CharKargis Olort
I have manuals for all the cars I've ever owned... You are right. They are lifesavers.... The only part that's bad is when you get grease all over a particular pages and can't read it anymore Crying or Very sad But... that makes a good advert for paper towels
coolclay
Yea um I think I'd rather get a $15 repair manual on paper then pay someone money to get it digitally.
Scotty Too Hotty
the only way i would get it digitally is if it digitally fixed itself by me subscribing to it. But i dont see that happening anytime soon thats for sure!