FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Slow site performance

psycosquirrel
I'm getting horrid loadtimes to the Frihost forums.

I also get PHP:BB database errors from time to time, and it takes nearly a minute to post a reply / thread (if it goes through at all).

The rest of the internet works fine for me. Is something working wrong?

Thanks,

Dave
Peterssidan
I have the same problem. My sites hosted on the Frihost server are also very slow and gets database errors very often lately.
Bondings
Yeah I know. I'm searching for the cause of this problem.
alvarorojas4
In my forum MyBB appear :

Too many conections... this is the last week.. and in momments is Slow...
Smile
Greetings
psycosquirrel
Okay, cool. Let us know if you get any progress, Bondings.
internetjobs
for me also getting the same database error...
ocalhoun
Confused
Its getting worse...
The forum seems to be on the same server as some of the hosting accounts...
Perhaps the forum/main site could have its own dedicated server?
Ghost Rider103
Yeah I noticed Frihost constantly coming up with errors. Which every time Frihost has an error occur, my web hosting also goes offline.
Bondings
It might be due to the system starting to swap and mysql being the first victim but not the cause of the problem. The weird part is that most of the time it gets completely better after a few minutes which isn't a usual sign of a swapping problem. Anyway this means that I'm currently trying to lower ram usage, hopefully this will help.
tamilparks
Bondings while rectifying please dont interupt our forums / delete our backups like the last time, please do it very careful.
Hogwarts
tamilparks wrote:
Bondings while rectifying please dont interupt our forums / delete our backups like the last time, please do it very careful.

Yes, because I can foresee him deliberately not being careful whilst managing his own server with several hundred people's websites hosted on it.

[sarcasm]Bondings, please remember that if fixing the problem (which, incidentally, interrupts the forums) involves interrupting the forums, please do NOT TRY FIXING IT[/sarcasm]

Anyhow, I'm glad to have got that out of my system. But seriously, you really shouldn't warn people not to do something if they're trying to avoid doing it.