FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Resident Evil 5

driftingfe3s
Has anyone played the demo yet?

I just downloaded it today and played it a few times with my brother. Because you have a partner that can help you out and you can play co-op it feels a bit like Left 4 Dead, except it't not a FPS and instead you have that behind the character type view like you have in most survival horror games.

From the demo the game doesn't seem to be as scary/eerie as the previous versions and is more fast paced with more enemies. The zombies don't look like the older zombies either, they look more human in this new version. The graphics are pretty good and the game play is smooth. I'm probably going to pick the game up when it comes out.
Spartan
driftingfe3s wrote:
From the demo the game doesn't seem to be as scary/eerie as the previous versions and is more fast paced with more enemies. The zombies don't look like the older zombies either, they look more human in this new version. The graphics are pretty good and the game play is smooth. I'm probably going to pick the game up when it comes out.

Gameplay's kinda weird, if you ask me. But it's alright, I agree with the rest that you said. I don't think I'll be getting this game.
enygmasoft
Spartan wrote:
driftingfe3s wrote:

Gameplay's kinda weird, if you ask me. But it's alright, I agree with the rest that you said. I don't think I'll be getting this game.

The game play is rather different but works well considering the makeover with more zombie killing good times than the last 4 resident evils combined, which was always a complain of mine. Not any more.
andersonic
It's only a demo, will probably be slightly different in the full game.
I think it's good, I can't wait for this game! Surprised
QrafTee
My friend and I played it split-screen co-op and it was pretty fun. Unfortunately when I tried playing with my other friend in SF, we kept getting "Host ended session" messages. We tried to make it work until 1:00am when we gave up.
j00gotpwnd
I don't know if you guys played on the PS3 or Xbox 360, but I downloaded and played the demo online with a friend via XBL. It was a very fun experience. I about crapped myself with the chainsaw guy, because I ran out of ammo...I was trying to open a barrel and just happened to see him coming up behind me..... *shudders* I can't wait for the game!
lavitran
It's only a demo, will probably be slightly different in the full game.
I think it's good, I can't wait for this game!
achowles
Does anyone know if this is coming to PC? I quite like the look of it. But not enough to buy a console just to play it.
j00gotpwnd
Well it isn't currently announced for PC, but they do have Resident Evil 4 out for PC, which is pretty similar...If you haven't played it already. They may end up bringing it to the PC to reach more customers (They did with Devil May Cry 4). I Googled it and found this:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52982

Hope that helps Smile
achowles
Thanks for the link. Yeah, I know about Resident Evil 4, but let's just say it wasn't the best of ports. It was strikingly inferior to all other versions. I'm hoping that they will be doing a lot better job of it this time around. Which is a possibility if the PC port isn't just an afterthought.
Jamatu
The game has moved on from the 'Survival Horor' to 'Action Horror'. They needed to change to keep people interested in the game franchise. Five is pretty much going to be the same as four gameplay wise. I'll be getting it probably on release day I don't plan to play the demo though.
Blazole
the game looks very good graphics wise. however, when i first started playing the game it reminded me of nazi zombies off call of duty 5. The game seems really good though, might have to pre order it. Or just buy it when it comes out.
blk3
achowles wrote:
Does anyone know if this is coming to PC? I quite like the look of it. But not enough to buy a console just to play it.

They might bring it to the PC, just like what they did with their previous games like Devil May Vry 4 and Resident Evil 4. Also they are porting Street fighter IV for the PC. You may just have to wait for a while as this kind of games are usually console released first.
traxion
i had the demo on the ps3

the game was to slow for me, i like more shooters like cod en bia:HH aka fast action

the demo of residents evil field slow.

the rest of the game was oke..
nice sounds effects en the graphics where sweet
marzinka
Demo on PS3 is more BUG.

If you download anything while you play RE5 your PS3 will be hank.
Ghengis
I don't know what marzinka's first language is, but if (s?)he's saying there's a problem, there's not. I got it and it worked fine.

Anyway, I liked it. As most people are saying, it's RE 4.5 (and really really pretty). Considering RE4 is one of the best games of the past several years, I'm OK with that. People that have a problem with the controls don't understand the game -- if you want to play Gears Of War, go buy that.

My only big concern is that I used to really enjoy "inventory tetris" (as one podcaster termed it) and that's gone now. Am I going to be penalized for stockpiling meds? Will I still be able to upgrade the weapons? Inventory was one of my favorite parts of old RE games, and it would be a shame to lose that.
blk3
If its a lot like RE4 what new features or new innovations are there, that's an improvement from 4 ?
QrafTee
blk3 wrote:
If its a lot like RE4 what new features or new innovations are there, that's an improvement from 4 ?

Two players playing simultaneously online or split-screen... that's all I can report from playing the demo.
enygmasoft
QrafTee wrote:
blk3 wrote:

Two players playing simultaneously online or split-screen... that's all I can report from playing the demo.

Level 1 rocks with the massive amount of zombies, so many you cant poossibly kill them all, which is great because every other resident evil game had too few zombies. Resident evil 5 is amazingly fun time killing zombies.
enygmasoft
QrafTee wrote:
blk3 wrote:

Level 1 rocks with the massive amount of zombies, so many you cant poossibly kill them all, which is great because every other resident evil game had too few zombies. Resident evil 5 is amazingly fun time killing zombies.
enygmasoft
QrafTee wrote:
blk3 wrote:

enygmasoft
QrafTee wrote:
blk3 wrote:

driftingfe3s
My brother picked up the game on Friday and we played all night, straight for 9 hours! The game is so fun. We played again on Saturday and beat the game. Beating the game unlocks "mercenaries" mode which is pretty fun as well, you kill zombies for points.

The game does a good job keeping the suspense, the story is okay, and the game play is great. The graphics are superb, it probably is one of the best looking games out there right now. Mercenaries mode and trying to unlock more costumes and other stuff also gives the game a lot of replay value. Overall I'd have to give the game a 9 out of 10.
andersonic
Got the full game now. It's awesome. Like Resident Evil 4 but in smaller spaces. Completed it. now comes the wait for 6, unless Resi 5 is going to have some DLC.
Spartan
Spartan wrote:
driftingfe3s wrote:

I take back what I said. A relative of mine has this game, and I played up until chapter 5-2. I then joined his game and continued on with co-op. This game is better than I thought!
QrafTee
enygmasoft wrote:
QrafTee wrote:
blk3 wrote:

There is an end in Mercenaries mode... although it is pretty hard to get to. I finally hit it with an SS rank... I had so much fun. I hope I'm able to get SS on the rest of the maps.
purecody
even thought is not muti which they should of made it like that., its one of the best games out for all systems so far. personally i prefer the xbox 360. well anyway resident evil 5 good game you have too buy it.
sincerely,
puRe

javascript:emoticon('Idea')
DANTHEMAN69
RE 5 is the best at of all them i think it's really good also if u get it for the PS3 it unlocks HOME items thats kool
Jamatu
I still haven't got the game... WoW is taking up too much of my time ><
enygmasoft
Jamatu wrote:

To be honest I was never that much of a mmorpg gamer
QrafTee
Jamatu wrote:

It's like cyber crack... give it up man... It'll take over everything before you know it.
novadream
Played quite a bit of Resident Evil 5 with my little brother last weekend. It was pretty fun, but I imagine it would be significantly less fun if you played it by yourself.
Had so much fun playing it that I decided to buy Resident Evil 4 for the PS2 (I don't own a Wii). Resident Evil 4 feels much scarier and feels more challenging. But I can really see why everyone loved RE4 as really is a good game.
Ghengis
Man! I was thinking I'd hold out and get the PC version, but it's *still* like 5 months away. Why the hell can't they support the PC as well as they do the main consoles?

I mean, I have a 360 and a PS3, but on my gaming PC it'd be so much prettier... well, I might get tempted once the used console version gets cheap enough...
thedinh
Ghengis wrote:
Man! I was thinking I'd hold out and get the PC version, but it's *still* like 5 months away. Why the hell can't they support the PC as well as they do the main consoles?

I mean, I have a 360 and a PS3, but on my gaming PC it'd be so much prettier... well, I might get tempted once the used console version gets cheap enough...

You say right, i have config again may computer and i want to play that game on my PC. but the game deverloper have stilt not yet supported. What a pity. maybe we will stil wait for a long time.
i like this game so much.
Here is a pic of this game.

[img]http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/resident-evil-5-image.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img][img][/img]
Johnh012
great game but who has time to play it when you are famous like i am suckers! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
enygmasoft
Resident evil 5 is by far the latest and greatest interration, of a amazingly great series. My only complaint with the firbst 4 was the low number of zombies that every game had. Parts 5 level 1 has more zombies than the entire collection of games did in the last 4. Which made for the most amazing zzombie killing goodiness. Resident evil 5 took an amazing leap forward in both techonlogy and gameplay since it brought a new twist into the series. the idea of coop modes as a requirement to complete the game.
Ghengis
I had a friend over the other day and was trying to get him into some of the games I have lying around. He was looking at the Wii edition of RE4, and I told him it was really great. He said he'd never played any of the RE series, and I said without really thinking about it that RE4 was the one to start with because it was the best. Then I corrected myself -- RE4 isn't strictly *better* (and I'm guessing this would apply to RE5 about the same) -- it's just a different kind of game. You're not as constrained by the controls, but I maintain that it wasn't a *bad* decision to use the controls to add to the tension, just not really "up my alley". RE 1-2-3 were a different genre from 4 and 5, and I think I just like the genre that 4 (and I guess 5) fall into better than "old school" survival horror.