FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Live Messenger 9.0 (2009)

phoenixinno
The new Windows Live Messenger is an amazing new product from Microsoft. A huge improvement on the previous version.
It boasts several new feature which I cannot see how I did without.

A new groups feature that allows users to create a continuous group conversation between select contacts, newly redesigned and more easily identifiable status icons which now resemble small gems rather than the previous "Messenger Buddy" icons, a new default "Favorites" category in which you can place your favorite contacts for easy access to them, a new Photo Sharing utility that allows contacts to quickly and easily browse photos together, and a "What's New" section at the bottom of the contact list to outline recent contact updates. Display pictures have been moved over to the left side of conversation windows, and new colorful borders appear around display pictures to display the current status of that contact. Never new I needed it until I got it.

The new scenes are great. You can select from a gallery or uplaod you own image an customize they appearncce of messenger to suit you. Whats more is that othe users when chattign with you can see you prersonal scene. The layout is also greatly improved. It can be set to show display pictures along with contacts. Another genius feature!

There have been a few removals from MSN 8.5. Firstly the statuses such as Out to lunch, On the phone, etc have been removed. I really dont mind this as I find them unecessary. Sharing fodler have also been removed, this also doesn't make much difference to me. However it has been replaced with an option to upload files online to share on Windows Skydrive

A few more games have been added and now you can watch MSN Videos with a friend from within a messenger video!!! Really useful where sharing videos no longer any need to post url links. For me I also find the new MSN is much faster than the old one. Or maybe that's just me.

Anyways I know this is a version that I love. What does everyoen else think?
tamilparks
thanks for the information, ya its very nice
shkhanal
Yes! I downloaded it today and going to explore it!
silverdown
Hey thanks for sharing... I will go and get it myself!

This post made me a Senior Frihoster! YAY!
dude_xyx
I used the beta and none of my custom emotions were working and finally now the complete version is released. everything is fix. I have to admit msn is getting better and better.
Arseniy
I don't care. I don't use Live Messenger, I prefer ICQ (like all my friends and community).
CosmicDisturbance
I've had it for a while. But honestly I didn't really care if I did have it or not. It's kind of slow, imo.
jsfdan
I have it. My only problem with MSN in whole is when you import contacts.. you have to re-categorize everything.

As for this version, Microsoft has outdone themselves again. The style is well more stylish and it's so flexible.
ThePolemistis
phoenixinno wrote:
The new Windows Live Messenger is an amazing new product from Microsoft. A huge improvement on the previous version.

A new groups feature that allows users to create a continuous group conversation between select contacts, newly redesigned and more easily identifiable status icons which now resemble small gems rather than the previous "Messenger Buddy" icons, a new default "Favorites" category in which you can place your favorite contacts for easy access to them, a new Photo Sharing utility that allows contacts to quickly and easily browse photos together, and a "What's New" section at the bottom of the contact list to outline recent contact updates. Display pictures have been moved over to the left side of conversation windows, and new colorful borders appear around display pictures to display the current status of that contact. Never new I needed it until I got it.

The new scenes are great. You can select from a gallery or uplaod you own image an customize they appearncce of messenger to suit you. Whats more is that othe users when chattign with you can see you prersonal scene. The layout is also greatly improved. It can be set to show display pictures along with contacts. Another genius feature!

There have been a few removals from MSN 8.5. Firstly the statuses such as Out to lunch, On the phone, etc have been removed. I really dont mind this as I find them unecessary. Sharing fodler have also been removed, this also doesn't make much difference to me. However it has been replaced with an option to upload files online to share on Windows Skydrive

A few more games have been added and now you can watch MSN Videos with a friend from within a messenger video!!! Really useful where sharing videos no longer any need to post url links. For me I also find the new MSN is much faster than the old one. Or maybe that's just me.

kindof neat but there is one feature i like which skype has but msn does not: modifying ur last post Smile
ThePolemistis
phoenixinno wrote:

kindof neat but there is one feature i like which skype has but msn does not: modifying ur last post Smile