FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Modify the columned layout.

This would make the forum look:
Better
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Worse
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Like Ice Cream ^.^
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

ocalhoun
Well, the forums within each category are columned, but the categories are still in a one-column format...

I'm thinking that it would look better if there were two columns of categories with two columns of forums in each one, rather than one column of categories with four columns of forums, like it is now.

I think that would make it much easier to look at and use.

Of course, the existing border around each category would have to be made darker, to emphasize the border between category columns.
Josso
Looks great, if that was what you were talking about.

Seems A LOT easier to navigate now instead of all that scrolling you had to do before.
sonam
I am vote for better because I don't like to scroll long time down and I can see two or three parts at once.

Sonam
deanhills
Looks as thought the bullets on the Index page have tiled themselves, so probably needs some clean-up along the way. For the rest, I do like the old format when you go into the forum, actually nice to look at as is.
_AVG_
Yes, I think that Ocalhoun's suggestion makes more sense. It will make it even easier.
It would probably reduce the General Chat mania.
ocalhoun
Josso wrote:
if that was what you were talking about.

No, that wasn't what I was talking about.
Some people are not really reading it and just voting based on how they like the new way it is now.
Josso
Ah, sorry misread your post - yeah I think your idea would make it look better and it would be easier to navigate visually.
ninjakannon
I understand your suggestion, but I'm not sure whether it would be an improvement (nor make it worse). There's no option in your poll for "no change"!

How would it make it easier to use? By "use" you must mean 'find the correct forum', or 'find a forum you're interested in' - something along those lines anyway. You won't see any more forums at once, but will you see a greater diversity at once? It's hard to see how this would change.

I think the aesthetic appeal in this case is really decided by each person alone, ie: the visual change would not be a great benefit for a large majority of people, methinks.

In the end though, it comes down to Bondings' decision and what he prefers. We'll see!